September 30, 2014 | 1005 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - Mary Kay Oil Mattifier

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

I have used this product on and off for the past number of years. It seems to work well for me. It really does give your skin a nice matte feel and look to it. I wear it under my foundation but it can also be worn without make up. I would recommend any one with acne prone skin or oily skin to give it a go. I do also believe it helps the staying power of my foundation too, although I wouldn't consider it a strictly necessary product to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by donnatucker

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried applying this product underneath my foundation several years ago and didn't care for it but after reading some of the reviews here I decided to try applying it on TOP of my makeup during the day and I can tell you that for my VERY oily skin, it helps tremendously. It affects my makeup very little and really helps a lot with the oiliness. Anyone with truly 'very oily' skin knows that there is not a product available that completely keeps the oil away, so of course I have to use it and/or oil blotter tissues and/or powder about every three hours but at least this does work!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by pulpomorado

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My best friend gave me a tube of oil mattifier for me to try few years ago, after I asked what did he do to accomplish such a flawless skin. He told me he first applies sunscreen, just the size of half an english pea on each cheek, forehead, nose and chin and blend it well. If you apply to much sunscreen, you will end up with "chalky" lines later. then, he just applies MK oil mattifier on his face. That is it! he says during the day, he will use some blotting tissue just to absorb the oil that his face will naturally produce no matter what he puts on it. The key is not to rub that tissue against your face, in fact, never rub your face with anything not even when you are washing it, as this will only irritate your skin and will produce even more oil. I take the word of a guy who looks amazing and natural, always and who seems not to age AT all. Needless to say, I am a big fan of MK oil mattifier, even though for me the effect wont last all day, but pretty much nothing will do so I don't mind reapplying or just blotting my face. I'm happy with the product

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Lola0

Works nice i guess, yet my skin is not that oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Marian93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

doesnt do much. its mattifies my skin for half an hour

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by bluejay2k11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It comes in a tube with a small opening, so there's no contamination. It works great! My T-zone is much less oily than without it. I even use a little on my eye lids instead of buying an additional eye primer, and it works really well to prevent creasing of my eye shadow. My shadow looks the same in the evening as when I put it on in the morning. I love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Rollwage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried the mattifier but prefer the Oil Control Lotion. I apply it all over my face and have used it for over 3.5 years and recommend to all my friends (and customers) with combination to oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I unfortunately have really oily skin and realize that no matter how good a product is, it's not going to make my body stop producing oil. That said, my skin still gets oily with this mattifier. I use it before applying foundation and it offers a little moisturization and doesn't feel greasy. I like to think that it helps keep my skin less oily, but by lunchtime, my skin is as oily as usual. It helps a little at first, but nothing can keep up with my oil glands.

If you have normal or combination skin, this will probably work for you, which is why I'm giving it a 3 instead of a 2. If you're a grease ball like I am, then this probably won't be tough enough for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Zamariai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It really works well for me. I use it under a powder foundation. It lasts all day except in the summertime. But when I do get oily looking, I can just put on a little more over my makeup and it looks like I just put on my makeup. I just wish it was available in stores. I hate waiting for things I have ordered. It seems a little pricey for such a small tube, but a tube lasts me for about 6 months. At 15$ a tube, it's 30$ a year for non-greasy skin. Well worth it in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by tabbyblu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This absolutely sucketh.
I love MK products normally, and this made my oily skin look like an oil slick.
I have tried it so many different times - in different climates, using different foundations, face creams under it, different powders on top it. .

No. Very bad. Do not recommend for oily skinned folk.