September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Hair Treatments - Sally Hansen - Brush-on hair remover

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by dodo0ex

This thing is a doozy.

First off, I followed its instructions and I have used this product twice (in which it was a big mistake).

It smells good, but it is not gentle on the face even if this product contains Aloe Vera and other skin soothing ingredients.

I tried the patch test and it worked out fine, though when applied to the face, you must NOT leave it on for more than 3 minutes because it will leave parts of your skin dry and flaky. Even moreso inflammated and it is going to hurt.

I don't reccomend this product because it will cause harm to the pores and its going to take me days for my face to heal.

Additionally, it did remove my facial hair but this product isn't particularly as skin friendly as it looks.

In conclusion, do not buy it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So as TMI as this is, my 'stache is about as dark, thick, and nasty as it gets on a woman. I've tried many products to remove it. MySpringit broke me out horrendously, waxing is expensive and means I have to wait until the hair is at an embarrasingly long length to pull the hair out, shaving only exacerbates the issue, and most hair removal creams burn the heck out of my skin.

Not sure what possessed me to buy this at Ulta but I did. It's definitely the best hair removal cream I have come accross (last one I used was Nars which left me with a moustache-shaped chemical burn). I followed the directions to the letter, including the patch test on the inside of the elbow. I left it on for the full 8 minutes because I know from experience that my hair is stubborn.

It removed most, but not all the hair. However, it took off enough for me to feel ok to go out in public. It will require another round of it though to get it all, which I'll have to wait 24 houra for.

Now, does it burn? Yes, especially over the old acne scars (thanks to MySpringIt). Yet compared to others I've tried, this burns the least and is the moat bearable. For comfort, I put a cool washcloth over the spots that sting. Do not rub it and DO NOT put soap or any other product for at least 2 hours after! That being said, make sure you have a large amount if tine to commit to this (even though the actual hair removal process itself is only 8 minutes).

I'd also like to add that though the skin feels like it's burning, the cream actually leaves it very soft and smooth.

So all in all, this performed better than I expected with minimal side effects. If you can take the after burn, then I'd say give this a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by AluvsM73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I didn't find a "Sally Hansen Vitamin E Creme Hair Remover for Face" review and don't know how to go about adding a new review, so this is my review for that one, not the brush-on kind.

I really like this, it has lasted me a whole year and I only need to use it every week and a half to two weeks on my face. I like the tightened feel afterwards, and the smell is predictably bad, but not nauseating, and a little herbal-y. The only negative thing about it is I need to use my fingers or q-tip to apply it, so I will try the brush-on kind to compare. But I will buy the tube type again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by HeidiML

First of all, forget the "brush". It's not really a brush, it's a clump of plasticy strips attached to the bottle cap, it reminds me of the jars of paste we used to have at school (I'm telling my age...). No big deal though, I just use a cotton swab to apply. THAT SAID - the product itself is very good! Vert thick consistency makes it easy to apply especially to spot areas. Does the trick even on baby-fine hair, and isn't too harsh either. I found the bottle much, much easier to use than similar product from a tube. One bottle lasts a long time. I will definitely purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works on peach fuzz I have on my chin. It doesn't work on darker hairs, just soft baby hairs. I have to leave it on for the longest amount of time. I don't put anything else on my face after I use this because it will irritate my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by nicolern

The product I used is the extra strength precision brush-on hair remover. It did not burn or irritate my skin which was great but it also didn't remove any hair either. I"m not a fan of the tube with a brush on the end either, it's good in theory but sort of messy in practice.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by stephaniea9051

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first couple of times i really enjoyed this product.. it removed unwanted upper lip hair. The following time i used it it burned SO bad, even only after leaving it on for 5 minutes. The next day I went to the beach and all I could see was my upper lip burned and red from this product and itchy. I would never use this again for the burning and pain it left.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Ayiti

I'm reviewing the extra-strength version of this product, just to be clear. I previously used the non-brush on form of this product and loved it, and this brush-on version is great! The smell isn't the greatest, but tolerable, and it works quickly without the irritation I've experienced with some others like it. I will warn everyone that if you don't use it a lot, and the same tube ends up just sitting in your bathroom cabinet, for say...over 4-5 months, it loses its effectiveness. Actually, for me, it stopped working altogether. So I guess the best advice would be to use it liberally when you use it to get the most for your money, or at least be sure to replace it every so-often. Overall, great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Smelly and stings a bit, but does the trick on that damn peach fuzz Fu Manchu of mine. The lotion that comes with the kit doesn't do much for the burning sensation afterwards, but it does help with the redness. If you have sensitive skin, do a patch test first before you slather this stuff on your face, and like the directions say, check it after 3 minutes and watch it carefully to avoid burning your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2006 8:19:00 PM More reviews by crmv99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hadn't tried facial hair remover before, but I have used Sally Hanson products before with sucess, so I thought I'd give this one a whirl. I picked the brush-on method over the regular product because it seemed very simple to use, which it was. It's a bottle with a cap with a brush on it, it's like painting your face. Removal of upper lip hair was very sucessful. It did leave me with a slight stinging and burning sensation afterwards, but I just put a cold damp towl on it for a bit and it went away. I think it's important that you stick to the instructions to the letter and check after 3 min. In the end, the process of removing the hair was gentle as it claimed on the box, so I will continue to use this product.