October 22, 2014 | 2045 users online

Lip Gloss - Clarins - Colour Quench Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I expected this to be a coloured balm - it's not, it's a gloss. Why they call it "balm" I don't know. I bought shade 07, "strawberry sorbet". It's a reddish pink that gives a hint of sheer tint and some sparkle. Thankfully it's not over the top. The gloss is not as moisturising as I expected, it doesn't last long either. It's pretty heavy feeling on the lips. Your hair will definitely get stuck in this gloss! It has a fruity scent which is a bit teeny to my taste. Verdict: not my favourite. Especially for the price I expected something nicer. It's just meh.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by spontmercy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in #01 Pink Marshmallow following rave reviews from my fellow gloss/balm junkie friend. This one is her very favorite. The shade is pretty - a sheer pink with lots of iridescent (but not obnoxious) shimmer with a nice candy flavor. It comes in a slim tube with an angled applicator, which is nice. Unfortunately the product itself is very sticky and not particularly moisturizing or long-lasting, both of which it claims to be. It just felt really goopy and heavy on my lips. I'm keeping the tube at work since it's definitely the most expensive lip balm I've ever purchased at just under $20, but I won't even think of purchasing it again, and it's frankly made me a little wary of trying out other Clarins products. Right now I'm wearing a $3 Avon balm that's better than this one in every way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

Another great gloss by Clarins. Tube packaging is always my favorite - you can get every bit out. Lasting color, which are tasteful and not garish, and a great feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

To echo the review before me: I used to work for Clarins and have weeded through their products to find the stars. This is star, baby!

I recieved a complete set of 8 at a training seminar so I have a pretty broad view of this product. LOL.
I kept the shimmery white, dark pink and dark coral (1, 4, 6). They suit my colouring beautifully (Autumn, warm, freckles).
Light peach and light pink (2, 3) I gave away. Perhaps a blonde could wear these? They were lighter than my normal lip colour and made me look tired. Cherry (7) was pretty red on me. Good for working at Clarins, went with the uniform. Not good for teaching yoga, etc... A little too red. Binned it in rebellion after I quit Clarins. Ha!
Dark plum and chocolate (5, 8) I gave to my Mum (white hair, pale Winter). They are fantastic on her.
They do add seasonal colours, so keep an eye out.

These are less sticky and more moisturizing than Lancome's Juicy Tubes with about the same colour delivery. Light berry scent, nothing too intense. With these, I don't feel the need for lip balm and they look good if they are the only makeup I'm wearing.
Packaging is sturdy and sanitary, I like squeeze tubes better than wands. They don't come apart on me and I can apply one handed.

Lippie removed for being $27 Cdn. Seriously? It's a lip balm. But I digress.

I have the Clarins Lip Gloss. It is a wand package with a stronger scent, and a stronger colour delivery. Stickier too. For me, the balms are more natural, more moisturizing and sturdier, so I stick with them. I use the gloss for a more professional look.

I would probably rebuy but I am a product whore and I hear Korres has some excellent stuff. And these balms have lasted me 1.5 years in regular rotation. Perhaps they will never die? Neverending lip balm....a girl can dream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased one of these as it was discounted and I had read raves about it, some people saying they have loads of them so they can never be without. I don't know why. It's very thick and almost slides off your lips onto your face, it feels very unpleasant and greasy, and the colour might as well not exist. Maybe this is just relevant to the lighter shades (I have 02 which is a peach) but it doesn't show at all once it's applied. I will definitely not repurchase and I'm not even sure I will attempt to finish the tube. It has been put in my desk at work in case I ever have some sort of lip moisture emergency.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Nizze

I bought this after I read the reviews here. I thought this would be a great lip balm for me since Im really dry because of the Roaccutane. I wanted to find a lip balm that has a little color in it so that I can skip the lipgloss or lipstick. But this one is not moisturising enough for my lips. Also, it feels sticky on the lips. The smell is great and the tube is great, but these positive things does not matter when the product does not work as it should. I think this lip balm suits people with normal skin. Not suitbale for people eith dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the shade 07, strawberry sorbet. The colour is really pretty, hot pink with a tinge of red in it. In the tube, it looks really bright but because these glosses apply sheer.. it turns out as a pop of pinky red on the lips. Very pretty, almost as if you ate a cherry-pink popsicle with fine shimmer. lol. It costs $33 sgd where I live in, which is pricey but then again, it's a long tube, 15ml is going to last a long time. When the gloss loses its shine over time, it leaves a nice sheen and tint on the lips so at least your lips won't look bare and pale. Feels very moisturizing on the lips and doesn't make my lips flake even after it wears off. Smells really nice, sweet plummy scent. I had wanted to purchase the papaya corally shade but when i tried it, it didn't appear on my rather pigmented lips, only the shimmers did. Thus, I ended up purchasing 07. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like these glosses - would definitely repurchase. They are not sticky, they come in great colours, and they actually moisturize.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by laura122pink

I bought this in 07 after a sales lady at Clarins tried it on me. It is a red colour. She put it on really thickly with a lip brush and it stayed on for hours. Looks great with lip brush application, but if you're in a rush or want to touch up on the go you can put it on straight from the tube. I find this really pigmented, the colour shows well compared to a normal lip gloss. Feels lovely and smells nice. Big tube as well, so I think the price isn't too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by saskiajessie

I have this product in the shade 15, which is a gorgeous berry colour with red and purple undertones and soft blue shimmer. For a lip balm, it is incredibly pigmented and there is no stickyness or patchyness. I find that this is perfect for a tones down red lip, which is perfect in the winter month. The moisture isn't the best aspect to this product however it is deffinitely a positive and I think it is one of my favourite lip products from a 'non mac' brand.