July 28, 2014 | 1811 users online

Toners - Mario Badescu - Cucumber Cleansing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by 01juliemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am cystic acne prone and was previously using the grapefruit toner with little results. I switched from that and started using this and wow! I am glad I made the switch. I'm really enjoying this product line. I also purchased the buffering lotion which i use in combination right after using this toner and I noticed that really helps bring down the acne swelling. Mind you, it probably wont bring it down 100% right away but it does speed up the healing process. Will buy again! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by McVeay

This is a good every day soothing toner! It refreshes the skin and leaves it soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Ccottam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't tried to many toners, but I think this gets the job done. I have extremely sensitive skin, which if my face doesn't like something, talk about the worst breakouts ever. All of mario badescu's products that I've tried have been heaven sent. He is the best choice for us sensitive skin girls. I use the enzyme cleansing gel beforehand and then tone only at night. It always removes any excess dirt, but there usually isn't much left behind if any at all from the cleanser. Great product and product line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Meebo

I love mario badescu and I use this along with the seaweed cleansing soap, the seaweed night cream, the drying lotion and the olive eye cream

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this toner for about a week, and am quite happy with it. I have combination skin, with an oily T-zone and normal to dry skin on my cheeks and the rest of my face. This product definitely removes any remaining makeup you may have on your face, so I think it's most beneficial at night. I don't wear foundation, so for me it really just gives me an extra boost to ensure that my pores are clean and that my skin is prepped for serums and moisturizer. For anyone who uses BB creams or foundation, this is going to be your magical product. The only negative I can really think of is that there is definitely a strong scent of alcohol, which is common with many toners. Since I don't wear foundation I may try something more gentle. Again, it's an A+ for anyone who wears foundation and the like.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would describe this product as "meh". It does an alright job at cleaning up any leftover dirt or makeup after cleansing but that's about it. I didn't notice any amazing after effects. The smell is nice, clean and fresh and the packaging doesn't give me any cause for complaint. Even though they give you a large quantity of product it seems to go really fast, I only use about a quarter size amount on a cotton round for my my whole face, probably even less than that actually. I have only had it about 2 months and already I am almost out of it. I have used the Paula's Choice skin balancing pore reducing toner and that lasted more than twice as long and has less product than the MB one. When I run out I am planning on going back to the Paula's choice toner.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jamboreeo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this toner for years. I would try other products but would keep going back to this one. It smells fresh and tones well, I use a cotton pad and it removes the excess dirt etc that was not removed from my cleanser. Although there is alcohol in this product, it does not dry out my skin. I recommend for folks with oily/combination sensitive skin. It works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is INCREDIBLE. I cannot even believe such a product exists. First off, I would never have even considered trying such a boring-sounding toner (oh, cucumbers and alcohol, that's nice...) had I not received it as a free sample with my order (MB, aside from making really good-quality and affordable products, is an amazing company with good customer service practices. Generous with free samples and extremely reasonable return policy). I tried it because "hey, why not" and am SO GLAD I DID. My skin is both very sensitive and INCREDIBLY OILY. So oily that on an average day, I have to use THREE oil blotting sheets within five hours of applying foundation. Very, very oily (strangely, not acne-prone. Just oily).
With this toner, my skin has been DRAMATICALLY less oily. So significantly that, since I've been using this toner, I haven't had to blot my face during the day...... AT ALL. Not once. Not at all.
I went from using three oil-blotting sheets a day... down to ZERO.
Oily-skinned girls, listen up! This toner will answer your prayers!
It has not dried my skin out. In fact, it creates a beautiful, smooth canvas for putting on makeup (I use Bare Minerals). My skin is very sensitive, and this toner has created an almost magical balance in my skin... it has given me "normal skin"! I always wondered what "normal skin" was, and now, because of this toner... I have it. AMAZING. For reference, I am using this toner morning and night, in conjunction with MB's Enzyme Cleansing Gel (morning and night) and Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin (only at night).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by CanadianMegan

Receiving a free sample of this product saved my skin!
My skin used to be combination- oily and dry. Using a toner would dry out most of my skin while moisturizers would leave it feeling oily.

Within a week of using the cucumber cleansing lotion my skin became so soft and smooth. All of the dead skin cells were gone leaving fresh, glowing skin. I've been using it for 2+ years now without a break out.

I have very sensitive skin so this was a lifesaver.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by YWMCC

Since some of the Mario Badescu products work so well for me, i thought this is THE toner for me, unfortunately, it isn't. It's an ok toner, nothing good or extremly bad. Feels like there are so many products out there just like this one. I will not purchase it again. Actually, finding a good toner seems to be as hard as finding a good acne treament!