April 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

Toners - Mario Badescu - Cucumber Cleansing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Meebo

I love mario badescu and I use this along with the seaweed cleansing soap, the seaweed night cream, the drying lotion and the olive eye cream

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this toner for about a week, and am quite happy with it. I have combination skin, with an oily T-zone and normal to dry skin on my cheeks and the rest of my face. This product definitely removes any remaining makeup you may have on your face, so I think it's most beneficial at night. I don't wear foundation, so for me it really just gives me an extra boost to ensure that my pores are clean and that my skin is prepped for serums and moisturizer. For anyone who uses BB creams or foundation, this is going to be your magical product. The only negative I can really think of is that there is definitely a strong scent of alcohol, which is common with many toners. Since I don't wear foundation I may try something more gentle. Again, it's an A+ for anyone who wears foundation and the like.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would describe this product as "meh". It does an alright job at cleaning up any leftover dirt or makeup after cleansing but that's about it. I didn't notice any amazing after effects. The smell is nice, clean and fresh and the packaging doesn't give me any cause for complaint. Even though they give you a large quantity of product it seems to go really fast, I only use about a quarter size amount on a cotton round for my my whole face, probably even less than that actually. I have only had it about 2 months and already I am almost out of it. I have used the Paula's Choice skin balancing pore reducing toner and that lasted more than twice as long and has less product than the MB one. When I run out I am planning on going back to the Paula's choice toner.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jamboreeo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this toner for years. I would try other products but would keep going back to this one. It smells fresh and tones well, I use a cotton pad and it removes the excess dirt etc that was not removed from my cleanser. Although there is alcohol in this product, it does not dry out my skin. I recommend for folks with oily/combination sensitive skin. It works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is INCREDIBLE. I cannot even believe such a product exists. First off, I would never have even considered trying such a boring-sounding toner (oh, cucumbers and alcohol, that's nice...) had I not received it as a free sample with my order (MB, aside from making really good-quality and affordable products, is an amazing company with good customer service practices. Generous with free samples and extremely reasonable return policy). I tried it because "hey, why not" and am SO GLAD I DID. My skin is both very sensitive and INCREDIBLY OILY. So oily that on an average day, I have to use THREE oil blotting sheets within five hours of applying foundation. Very, very oily (strangely, not acne-prone. Just oily).
With this toner, my skin has been DRAMATICALLY less oily. So significantly that, since I've been using this toner, I haven't had to blot my face during the day...... AT ALL. Not once. Not at all.
I went from using three oil-blotting sheets a day... down to ZERO.
Oily-skinned girls, listen up! This toner will answer your prayers!
It has not dried my skin out. In fact, it creates a beautiful, smooth canvas for putting on makeup (I use Bare Minerals). My skin is very sensitive, and this toner has created an almost magical balance in my skin... it has given me "normal skin"! I always wondered what "normal skin" was, and now, because of this toner... I have it. AMAZING. For reference, I am using this toner morning and night, in conjunction with MB's Enzyme Cleansing Gel (morning and night) and Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin (only at night).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by CanadianMegan

Receiving a free sample of this product saved my skin!
My skin used to be combination- oily and dry. Using a toner would dry out most of my skin while moisturizers would leave it feeling oily.

Within a week of using the cucumber cleansing lotion my skin became so soft and smooth. All of the dead skin cells were gone leaving fresh, glowing skin. I've been using it for 2+ years now without a break out.

I have very sensitive skin so this was a lifesaver.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by YWMCC

Since some of the Mario Badescu products work so well for me, i thought this is THE toner for me, unfortunately, it isn't. It's an ok toner, nothing good or extremly bad. Feels like there are so many products out there just like this one. I will not purchase it again. Actually, finding a good toner seems to be as hard as finding a good acne treament!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by cassie1986

was really excited about getting this product as after suffering for years with my problematic skin and trying product after product the mario badescu range had an overall postive rating however this was not the case for me! the smell i really liked,the fact it had floating bits of cucumber was interesting and the tingly feeling i got after using it was nice and indiacted to me that my skin was clean so therfore must be doing some good! no not at all! my skin became really conjested and i developed big cyst like lumps(not unusual for me but the amount and how quickly they was appearing was definatley worrying)as you can imagine these are painfull and itch like mad but i dicided not to be too judgemental and stick it out for at least 2weeks.....bad idea! the more i used it the worse my skin became, very irritated and i looked awfull! had to stop using it and within days my skin started to recover! i have still got a few cyst as they take along time to disappear but my skin is calmer and not as angry! feel annoyed at myself for yet again been tempted by something that sounded too good to be true and wasting money on an expensive product that had a bad effect on my skin! will not reccommend and will never repurchase but my search and desparation for problem free skin will continue.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Lala324

I am pregnant and had a terrible case of hormonal acne all over my chin and jaw line (forehead also, just a little). Since Im pregnant Im very limited to what I can use. NOTHING and I mean nothing was working for me. Until I discovered Mario Badescu's skin care line. I went to the actual Spa Center on East 52nd Street. They're customer service was amazing! I sat down with one of the girls and she gave me a free consultation on what type of skin I have, my problem areas and what products would be best for me. She recommended the Cucumber Cleansing Lotion and I must say this product has given me AMAZING results in just a week and a half. My skin has done a complete transformation. I love how fresh and clean my face feels with this toner and it never over drys my skin (I tend to over dry at times with other products). My skin is less oily and I have had NO new breakouts. I love Mario Badescu products. They have changed my skin completely.I use this Toner twice a day and it never leaves my face feeling dry it actually feels soft and moisturized. I would recommend this product and skin care line to anyone but especially pregnant women who are very limited to what we can use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by aishouss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product, the only thing I don't like is that if I use it twice a day, it will dry out my skin because it has 4% alcohol, so I usually just use it when I have a little breakout, and whenever I feel like my face needs to be disinfected with alcohol.
Here is a review of a couple of Mario Badescu products I have tried, including the Cucumber Cleansing Lotion.