August 22, 2014 | 2034 users online

Lip Treatments - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick Sheer Tint SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by emblain

This is a must have product and it is one of the only things that keeps my lips soft and supple. I love the pink shade as well!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love Elizabeth Arden Eight hour cream and I often use it on my lips, too. It really makes even the dryest lips soft, and I decided to try the lip balm version too. It´s easier to use and your fingers do not get sticky.

The stick is really chic, it looks elegant and expensive. And it is expensive, it costed almost 15 euros at airport, and in my opinion that´s quite much for a lip balm. The balm has the same fragrance as the original cream, and some might find it horrible. I am used to that smell and even my husband told me one day that the smell of eight hour cream is comforting. The formula is quite basic, hard and a little bit waxy with some oiliness. It is almost invisible on lips, though it adds some shine. It is not very sticky, which i personally like since most of lip glosses and some lip balms are so sticky that my hair sticks to my lips. It moisturizes my lips very well and does not leave white residue (which often happens to me!) but it does nothing special. Most of the drugstore lip balms have the same moisturizing effects.

There is only one downside (if you forget the high price): this lip balm does not last long. I bought mine 2 months ago and I have not used the balm every day (maybe 4 days a week and only twice a day) and it is nearly gone. Since this balm is nothing special, it costs a lot and it runs out fast, I can not recommend it. It is just waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by koreancosmeticsaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I was in Hong Kong in Sasa for HKD50. The lip balm comes in a lipstick form which i thought looked very elegant. It comes in spf 15 which is always a plus. The lip balm glides on very smoothly and does not really get absorbed into your lips, which i wasn't quite fond of because i felt like there was this plastic film on top of my lips. Secondly, the bullet of the lip balm broke off so easily. It didn't break and crack, the bullet literally just fell off as I was twisting it up. I knew this was definitely not because I dropped it as the base of the bullet was still round when it fell off. I hope you understand what i'm trying to say. I do like the product, it has some flaws here and there but because the consistency is so creamy to the point where the bullet can't stay even after me melting the base and trying to reconstruct it back together, it just doesn't cut it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by itsimmortalitymydarlings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this from my mom, who told me that t was given to her by a friend. This constant swapping of owners should have made me wary of the product, but being the naive person I am, I thought I'd try it. I don't see that much of a difference on my lips as I thought I would, with the product being so expensive, and from a well known brand. I have this in the clear color, and it just feels sticky and heavy on my lips.
As many others have said on this page--- the smell. I absolutely detest this smell. It reminds me of a detergent or clinical sanitizer kind of smell.

All in all, if you are looking for a good moisturizing lip product, get Baby Lips by Maybelline :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by tonkatoy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, absolutely NOTHING has been able to get the "crack" out of my lips...until I discovered this product. It is the only one that acually makes my lips feel soft, supple and not dry. I never figured I would find one that would heal my lips. The only thing I do not like about it is i feel the stick is a little flimsy, I am afraid to press on my lips too hard for fear that it will break.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought it with the 8 hour Cream from E. Arden. It has the same or very similar scent, I actually dont mind the strange smelling when the products do work for me. This does definitely! It is nice, goes on easily, leaves a bit of shine, doesnt stick and leaves a good feeling on the lips. Also like the fact that it does have an spf 15.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this stick. Fresh Sugar it's not...but for a cheaper alternative, it's a good buy. One real positive for me is that Eight Hour works way better under lipsticks/gloss than Fresh Sugar (I wear the Rose by itself), so Eight Hour may work that way for you, as well. Eight Hour lip cream does last for hours, and it does moisturize, fill-in lines, soften lips, and provide sunscreen. A little goes a long way, and the container is sturdy and portable.

Unfortunately, it smells just like a citronella candle. If you're not into that scent, you won't like this balm. I don't mind the scent, which I notice only upon application, and I tell myself it's a preventative against mosquitoes who may ponder over feeding on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by yayayu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disappointed with this so-called moisturising lip tint. 8 hours? More like 8 minutes. I put some on whilst watching tv (not even eating or going out), and in less than 10 minutes my lips feel dry again. The colour doesn't spread very well on lips - maybe you need to moisturise before putting the lip tint on to aid an even distribution of colour, but doesn't this negate the purpose of buying a moisturising lip tint? Colours online are more subtle than in real life so don't buy before trying. If your lips are dry, I don't suggest using this. Oh, and packaging is uncreative and uninspiring.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by murphyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in the blush color, and it has failed me in many ways:
the tube broke when I dropped it, the bottom part cracked and would not swivel until a screw was drilled in the side.
I find it too sheer.
It does not moisturize my lips or make them less chapped.
It is highly fragranced and tastes chemically.
It is too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by PanPan70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the untinted version of this in wacky 60's style violet packaging. I don't really like it. It doesn't have effective UVA protection and the packaging seems cheap like somethign you'd get with a GWP. I like the smell and it seems reasonably emollient but I haven't found myself reaching for this very often.