November 22, 2014 | 1716 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Sisley - Botanical Eye and Lip Contour Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eye balm works a wonder for depuffing eyes and also calming. Applied it to my eye while it had a sensitive reaction to an insect bite and the swelling went down in almost an hour. The only con is the packaging: I honestly do not get tub packagings....i just wish it's packed more like their eye complex, which is a pump. other than that I'm satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this eye balm for nearly ten years and while I might stray to another product even more expensive than this one, I always come back. I don't find it to be overly sticky. It is a miracle worker for congested, puffy eyes, and it doesn't sting my eyes like some heavily-fragranced eye creams. This little jar contains a lot of product, and it lasts a long time. With consistent use you will notice a difference, at least "eye" did!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I've been using this for the last couple weeks and I can't say that it's done anything for my eyelids. It has slight moisturizing effect, but it also has a tendency to be a little sticky/tacky. I like that it's unscented and absorbs quickly, so you can wear it under makeup. My eyes don't look any better when I use this. I'm currently using a sample that has lasted much longer than I expected, so I imagine the full size would last quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by DavidCH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really good simple product. I suffer with eczema around my eyes and this is the only product I can tolerate. Very hydrating and calming. Would prefer it in a tube though. It lasts abut 6 months

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Bonkersalert

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This left my dry eyes INSTANTLY hydrated and soothed. In fact, my crepey lines were instantly smoothed out before my very eyes. I think it's a MIRACLE in a jar! I think it's best for those with fragile crepey skin around the inner eyes (near bridge of nose), rather than for the wrinkle lines you get from the outer edge of eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by RobChester

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very good product. I think it is particularly suited for males. It is a very simple - it provides moisture and is soothing - very good for hydration and for toning under the eye. If you look at most eye creams, they contain petrolatum or paraffin - even the very expensive ones. The petroleums and paraffins can be highly irritating and also cause blockages in the eye for me resulting in conjunctivitis. This gel does not cause any irritation, it is intensely hydrating, is a very simple formula - the expensive eye creams are just too heavy and full of too much ingredients - so much so that the delicate eye area cannot deal with it. Try it. . . Put it on, then leave for 5 mins, then tap any excess into they delicate eye area with a cutton budd - it will be fully absorbed. A great product - a simple formula containing tomatoe extract - tomatoes being a great antioxidant; also contains witch hazel, but not in any amounts that will dry the skin - it acts as a soothing toner for the eye

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was pleasantly surprised by this. This stuff feels light, is instantly absorbed into the skin and gives a good level of hydration to the eye area. Its perfect if, like me, you haven't yet developed deep lines and wrinkles but would like to prevent them and gently soothe the eye area. This product has converted me to eye gels rather than creams. The only reason I haven't given this product five lippies is because Olay did a nice eye gel too, for cheaper, which worked very well too!
UPDATE: I've always liked this eye balm! And I still do! I understand Vickypollard's review (one of the ones below) about this products formulation being dated but I have noticed since finishing this pot and trying to purchase a similar eye balm product that there really isn't anything much like it on the market.....eye 'creams' seem to be all the rage at the moment (I have tons) but this product I feel offers something different than most; its focus is on de-puffing the eye area rather than trying to reverse wrinkles. I'm still in my mid twenties and I find eye creams generally too intense, heavy and trying to resolve problems I simply don't have yet. This is a really nice preventative product that also helps to set eye-makeup. Other de-puffering products tend to have a roller ball application, which I am not a fan of, I feel it is more likely to damage the eye area. This gel glides so easy using my finger tips it doesn't need a roller ball and absorbs beautifully. This formulation may be old but, the reason it hasn't changed is because it works wonders as it is in my opinion! I find this to be an addictive and good product!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by runstile

I have been using Sisley since 2004, and this eye cream for 5 years. I really love that it absorbs completely and it lightweight (when fresh) and it does reduce puffiness and fine lines; I haven't noticed much for dark circles, but I don't have that problem.

I feel that it only works well when fresh, and it does lose its fluidity (read: sticky) after about 2 months in the jar. A way around this is to get samples and refill the jar, one packet at a time. I've found a sample packet lasts around 1 month. If this eye gel works for you, then this is worth it. They really should consider putting this into an airtight pump to preserve its freshness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by nastycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

when I 1st purchased this, over a year ago (a little does go a long way)- I thought "Yes! I found the perfect eye gel". I didnt like creams- tend to get milia. this felt light and spread easily. as the months went by, I started noticing the stickiness. it got so bad 1 day- my hair was sticking to it- I just washed it off. I would say I loved this little jar for about 2 months, then it started changing into just a sticky, do-nothing mess. too expensive, wrong packaging

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by charissez

Hmm. This product is alright for me. I got it because I felt that the eye gel i was using (from Lancome's Primordiale range) was a bit too mature for my young skin. I walked around and found myself in the Sisley counter. The SA recommended this because it was the lightest gel. I really hate thick eye creams because i find that it really really messes up my eye area make up such as concealer etc. I didnt really think much and just purchased it.

First i must say i hate hate hate glass jars. i think its one of the most unhygienic methods to store lotions and potions. Especialy for 68pounds! The smell is alright and the texture is lovely and light. it does tend to get slightly sticky. i think most of the reviews all talk about the stickiness - if it stays sticky all day, then you are OBVIOUSLY applying too much. i really only use about a drop the size of the head of a matchstick on each eyes and it is more than enough. with that amount, it doesnt cause any stickines and i have NO problems with my makeup or whatsoever.

So far it seems like an alright product. nothing great, nothing bad. and because of that i will not be repurchasing. simply too average for the price.