August 23, 2014 | 1125 users online

Moisturizers - Lumene - Vitamin Advanced C Energy

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by ewmcgrath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is for the night cream which is an awesome product for those with dry skin. it moisturizes so nice!! i go to bed with nice soft skin adn wake up with nice soft skin. it does not make me greasy, it has not broken me out, and most important, it has not irritated my sensitve skin.

edit: after using this for about a month i noticed that my chin was getting really clogged. So unfortunately, it is not for me, but it is still a really nice moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by rebelrebel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has very clever packaging and I really wanted to love it, but it did nothing for me. It's full of "Parabens". The bad outweighs the good, I am sending this back to CVS!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by zhongnanone

I am ambivalent toward this product and hence the less-than-perfect review rating.

What I like about it:
- the light, gel like texture is lovely.
- I like the citrusy fragrance. Quite refreshing
- The price $2.99 for .5 OZ is not exactly cheap but at least affordable.
- It has not broken me out.

What's not great about it:
- It tends to be "glowy" in a bad way. Upon application it gives my skin an instant "glow" that quickly transforms to "greasiness." With such light texture, I did not expect it to be greasy.
- It could be irritating to certain spots of my skin (around the nose).
- Its moisturizing property is not superior.
- I'd prefer a dispenser type of package rather than having to dig my finger into the tub. Not very hygienic.

Bottom line: to me, this is a take it or leave it product. I spent 3 bucks for a little experimentation and am not entirely satisfied. For the price, there might be better products out there. So I will not purchase if I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by BlueRed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice everything except I got a big undergrounder zit after two nights and woke up with puffy eyes the second day (I had applied it twice the previous night). Not sure if it wouldn't have done either if I had only applied once, but I didn't love it (i.e.: the texture, the immediate feel after application) enough to risk again. I bought the sample size at 'buy one get one 50% off) so it was a cheap experiment.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have been using this product for four years. The container has no spatula to avoid contamination, I docked it a point. The product has a lovely orangey smell. It spreads on easily. As with any product with natural ingredients, you can have an allergic reaction to the natural ingredient. (I have this with a lot of anti-ageing products that contact shitake mushroom extract)
This product is not allergy producing for me. It does sting a bit when I first put it on, but that is true of most anti-ageing products including the really expensive retinols that people get from dermatologists. It moistures well during the more humid months, but is not adequate for the low humidity, freezing months in the northeast, so I docked it one more point. It is not a holy grail....but good enough.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by neener563

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in search of a new night cream that does not cost a lot. I am a bargain beauty product person who firmly believes that cost does not always translate into quality. I have been using Avon face creams for a long time and while they are good I would say not fantastic. After much success with Lumene Eye serum in the rollar ball applicator being the only product that helps depuff my ugly eye bags I thought I would give this sample size cream a try. I have only used it twice, but last night after cleansing and toning I applied this to my entire face including the eye area. Instant love! My skin looked instantly better, glowing and smooth. I can see applying a more moisturizing cream over this since I am 56 and need it however when I woke up this morning could this be true? The verticle smokers line on my lip looked softened! For 2.99 I think this sample jar will last a long time and then I can just go buy another one! I will update after I have used this for about a month but so far this one is a keeper. I love the smaller sample jar as I think in time it is going to keep the cream fresher. I dont notice much of a smell if any a faint orangey scent which fades away fast. This one is a keeper!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by emmi66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm pretty happy with the products I've been using (Weil Plantidote from Origins), but needed a moisturizer to carry me over until I could make it to the store to replenish. I bought a sample of this and used it twice before it started to wreak complete havoc on my face. My entire t-zone turned red and I broke out into white heads all over my lower cheeks and chin. I've had products that have given me a break out here and there, but never had such a negative reaction as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by mommy2ingrid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm about to buy my third jar of this wonderful day cream. (I'm reviewing the SPF 15 version of Radiant C Energy -- I am 99% sure this is the new name of this product.)

I have had ONE acne pimple in the 6 months of using this product, and it was from a foolish switch from my HG Philosophy MMU to a cheaper Neutrogena MMU that lasted one day.

My skin can get really, really dry, AND is acne prone and sensitive. A bad combo all around. I have not felt any tightness, seen any redness or irritation since I started using the cream. I've already established my acne problem is now under control for the first time since I was a teenager, and I'm now 39!

As to the non-hygenic jar issue, yes this can be a problem, and I do like tubes or pumps better. I am just diligent to wash my hands before application.

FYI, for those of you who don't live near a CVS, my Target does carry a limited Lumene line (moisturizers and washes only, no makeup), so check out Target, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by christychason

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It seems like this product works for a lot of people, but I'm in that group that had some sort of allergic reaction. I have clear, radiant skin that everyone compliments, but I'm turning 30 soon, so I found myself browsing the skin creams lately.

I applied this to my face before bed for 3 days. Now my skin looks horrible! It has made my face incredibly dry, and I have tiny raised bumps all over my forehead and chin. My face is red and itchy. I have NEVER had such blotchy skin or reaction to something. It must be an ingredient in the cream. I will definitely discontinue use. Not sure if CVS will let me return it, but I might try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by GRUDGRIME

I believe it is now called Radiant C Energy.

I have skin that is breakout prone but very dry and tight. This is one of the few moisturizers that actually moisturizes but doesn't make me break out.

I haven't noticed any great de-wrinkle effects but my skin does stay supple, smooth and moisturized with it.