December 22, 2014 | 1888 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Active White Super City Block SPF 25

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2006 4:39:00 AM More reviews by valngau

I've been using Super City Block 25 for years now so I figured I'd try the new one. Active White Super City Block SPF 25 is more expensive than the normal City Block and it's more moisturising, maybe from some "extra" whitening ingredients. Frankly, I find it sticky especially when I use it the humid climate and it has this whitish cast (maybe for instant whitening????), so I will stick to the older version.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2005 1:15:00 PM More reviews by aneli0101

They should change the name from active white to "tinted". I was so disappointed with this sunscreen because it was tinted. I liked the tube, I liked the consistency, I liked the feel, and it was more moisturizing that the regular city block. The only problem is the color. When you are really pale, this is not going to work. I wont buy again, but, it would be great for someone darker than me. Dont buy this if you are pale. Also, the price is too high for the amount of product you get. As far as protection, it's great. The zinc/titanium combination is super. But, not for me because of the shade/tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2005 10:29:00 AM More reviews by tappgl1

I have very oily skin, but I'm also at an age where I get brown spots when I get too much sun. I love this product because it does not make me oily and it has enough SPF to keep the spots away. As for the tint, I don't notice it showing up at all on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2004 12:36:00 PM More reviews by happyend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

200% agree w/ nekomeaow, very oily. When I try it on my hand it was perfect, but on my face... since I dun do make-up, the color of it really stands out (mine's a SPF30/PA++, might be slightly diff than SPF25, I dunno). Maybe that's why it's called "Active White"? Coz after applying it my face's cover w/ a white thin layer - I've dark skin. I'm now using it for my hands - better than trashing it, right?

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2004 4:19:00 PM More reviews by nekomeaow

It made my face very oily after apply it within an hour. Sorry dear, I have to quit and so long.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by xinlinyuan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried many sunscreens, and this is the first one from Clinique. My skin is oil-combination/acne, this product doesn't make trouble at all! I will say this is the best sunscreen i ever wear. I still choose not buy it again, since the white color looks not natually on my yellow-poned skin. If you wear foundation after this, it is a good makeup base. I will try the one without "white active".

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2004 6:58:00 AM More reviews by jaimmie

Not bad at all. I don't know about "whitening" but it's a nice sunscreen that is absolutely NOT greasy, gives a nice finish on my oily-ish skin and it stayed that way for the greater part of the day. No complaints at all on the sunscreen itself. I'm just not one to get this again because it's a physical sunblock.. and I prefer chemical ones, plus it's tinted beige.. and I prefer no tint in my sunscreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2003 1:18:00 PM More reviews by jaychou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favourite Sunblock indeed, it's sheer, doesn't cause any acnes, also helps hold makeup in place. i definitely will continue using this product ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 8:17:00 PM More reviews by bzbibi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you like the reg super city blk you will like this one. it does a great job of making my skin ready for makeup and fills in pores a little bit. gives a great even complexion and even whitens over time. slowly though, slowly. it is a bit more exp than the regular version of super city block so maybe you just want to get the whitening serum and get the regular scb...