April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser and Makeup Remover With Cucumber Extract

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: combo/oily skin

This is my HG makeup remover. To remove my eye makeup, I use my Sonia Kashuk oil makeup remover. Then I'll spread this all over my face and start working the product in my skin with my fingers in circular motion. Then, I use a damp washcloth/paper towels to wipe off the product. I'll use a little bit of the cold cream over my eyes to remove leftover eye makeup. Final step is to cleanse my face with an actual cleanser. I use pond's luminous cream cleanser to wash off left over product from my face.

I'm not a fan of makeup remover wipes. Ive been using this product for over 2 years already.

This doesn't make me breakout and it doesn't dry out my skin.

Definitely would repurchase!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Ponds used to be my jam. I used it to remove makeup for years and then suddenly started experiencing intense breakouts. So I quit. That's not to say it caused my breakouts but I wasn't sure if it was contributing to it. Flash forward a year or so and I decide to pick some up. My skin is winter dry and I figure "why not?" Something changed. Not only does this not take off my makeup but actually irritated my skin. It left me with weird dry spots on my eyelids. So, long story short, farewell ponds. It was cool times until it wasn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by stapletonc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Complete win. I don't want to use anything else. Smells good but not too strong, and DOES NOT dry me out. The formula feels like almost a lotion and I wash it off and I don't have to run for moisturizer. Most cleaners aren't worth using to me because they make me scaly for a week if I use it once a day for 2-3 days. This I use every night, sometimes mornings too, and it's never a problem. And my skin only is getting clearer and clearer :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried all variations of Ponds cold cream and honestly it's just alright. I prefer Jergens All Purpose Face Cream. You get more product, the price is cheaper, the jar mouth is wider, and it still removes your makeup. I don't like paying $6-$7 for this when I can pay $3-$4 for a 15oz jar of the Jergens. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by YukiKitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried both the original Pond's cold cream and the Pond's cucumber cleanser, and I by far prefer the cucumber one. My skin type is sensitive, combination, and prone to dryness and breakouts.

A comparison:
Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser (The Cool Classic)
- Thick, greasy texture
- Strong rose-like fragrance
- Needs to be rinsed with very warm, hot water to be fully removed with a washcloth
- Leaves skin very moisturized, but not entirely cleansed
- Leaves skin oily looking later in the day

Pond's Cucumber Cleanser
- Light, moisturizing texture
- Fresh scent
- Can be rinsed with lukewarm water, rinses clean
- Leaves skin cleansed, yet soft. It doesn't over moisturize it, so I can still add my argan oil, SPF, or cream moisturizer without any issues.

Neither of these products have broken me out, however the use of hot water and a washcloth with the original irritated my skin and caused some blemishes. This one onl requires water to rinse, so I would recommend this to anyone with sensitive, dry, oily, or acne-prone skin.

*UPDATE*: I have found out that this cleanser contains parabens, so I switched to Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Cleanser and love it. I liked the cucumber cleanser, but the scent was somewhat strong and my new cleanser is unscented, which is much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by ultraVIOLETnikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff. Although I prefer to use cleansing oils to remove my makeup, I have used this in a pinch because it's so easy to find and so affordable. The formula is much thinner than the classic Cold Cream, but while the cold cream gives me clogs and blackheads, this does not. I apply to a dry face, rub in, and remove with a clean, wet washcloth. I follow with my usual cleanser (the same routine I use when I use a cleansing oil, a double cleanse method) My face feels clean and all my makeup and grime is gone. The huge tub also lasts forever! I do prefer to use cleansing oils to remove my makeup, but if I can't get it for whatever reason, this is always my next choice. Nice light and refreshing scent also. There's a reason Ponds is a classic! If you have problems using the cold cream, try this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by SnowQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beware if you have sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin and It burned a little when I applied it to my face. .It removed face makeup okay but not eye makeup. It just left a smeary mess around my eyes. Rinses off but leaves some sort of a residue behind. I won't repurchase. I ordered it from Ulta and some of it it leaked all over the box in transit. That's ok because I didn't care for this product so it's getting tossed anyway. Too bad I bought the biggest size jar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My mom used Ponds and now I do. There is a reason. It works. Especially now that I'm past the break out years. Smells great, feels delicious and the price is certainly right.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

Works great! No oily residue, no breakouts...just a clean face :-) Smells yummy too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It has made a huge difference in my skin. My skin is so much softer and smoother, I have less breakouts, etc. Takes all my eye makeup and face makeup off with ease. I don't even bother using a second cleanser, I think this does the job well enough. This is a product I will always always use.