October 20, 2014 | 1919 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Cream Eyeliner -Image

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the color, and staying power is good, but not sure I'd buy again. Just not the strong color play i was hoping for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The eyeliner goes on great and the colors are great, but there is no staying power. The line I make with this eyeliner does not stay all day like less expensive liners do. I'm very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by summerbrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review of the Smashbox creme duo eyeliner in bronze/caviar (black). Overall I find that it does not have the quality you would expect from a brand like Smashbox, and that goes for the packaging as well as for the actual product inside. 1) Packaging: it has a screw-on lid, which is somehow faulty, because it does not shut tight, so it was pretty dry already when I received it (bought from Strawberrynet). Moreover, the plastic seems dry and brittle. 2) Product: this goes on sheer (both the brown and the black), which isn't what you would expect from a liner. No matter how much I load on my angle brush, I cannot get a solid line. So have to use it w/ a pencil liner underneath to make it work. 3) Overall: dissapointing product, hope they discontinue it soon so people won't be wasting their money on it. Given the expensive price I give it a one lipstick rating, as it is really not worth this amount of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by stinkpot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would be willing to buy tis again, even though I have to apply it again after lunch because the color is an absolutley gorgeous shimmering dark green. I don't use it as an EL but instead as an ES applied with an Es brush to the lid and crease (as I do with BB Gel EL and Stila Pot EL). I have very dark hair , pretty fair skin, and hazel eyes. When it first goes on, it is BEAUTIFUL. It's my favorite ES color. The problem is, whereas the BB and Stila don't budge all day, this smears ans creases after lunch, which requires re-application. I don't understand how the smearing would allow this to work as an EL. I will buy again because the color is so gorgeous, but I have the same feeling about this as I do Lorac's Green Room ES, which never stays on. I feel like they're worth the trouble.

Update - I've been using an ES primer with this, and no creases! Changing my review to 5 lippies!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mtycer

I bought this as part of the Brow Tech & Cream Eye Liner Palette in the Try Me! set. The following cream liners were included: Image (sparkly green black), Caviar (black), Thunder (grey), Picasso (midnight blue), Putty (brownish grey), Midnight Brown (dark brown). I like the high pigmentation of this liner, as well as the creamy quality. While I understand the concept of cream liners being soft smudgable for smokey eyes, IMO they they should set eventually so that they look the same later in the day as they did when you were finished applying your makeup. I actually don't have smudging problems with this product (no raccoon eyes or anything like that)-- it just doesn't last (it just seems to disappear...) However, I think it's a little overpriced given the quality--I cannot get the liner to last on my lower lashline for more than a few hours even using eye primer and setting it with some powder.

Overall: This isn't my HG, feel that there are better d/s cream liners, and will keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by jennanika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite color out of all of them. Great staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by animalsrbetterthanpeople

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As others have mentioned, this is a deep golden khaki color with a slight bit of shimmer. When applied to the eyelid, I don't notice as much of the "green" color (or the shimmer) as when you look at it in the pot. It looks more of a taupey green on the eyelid. As to the staying power, if you use "Shadow Insurance" eyeshadow primer, by Too Faced, this will stay put and not move or smudge. I use a Merle Norman cream eyeliner brush, which, I think, gives a much more even line with no "skipping" and easier application than the Smashbox brush which is intended for use with the cream eyeliner. The Merle Norman brush is much thinner, and firmer, which gives a "cleaner" line, but still doesn't look harsh. I happen to like this better than all of the other colors of Smashbox cream eyeliner, and Lava would be my next favorite. I think this color is very flattering to my hazel eyes, and the application if much easier on the skin of the eyelid than a pencil, i.e. no pulling or tugging. Got this at Ulta and it will most probably be my "go to" eyeliner because of the ease of application, the staying power, and the flattering color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by cheekygal15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a super easy-to-use, everyday eyeliner. I have dark brown eyes and thought that black was the only way to go when eyeliner was concerned. But when I tried image, I found that it was the perfect way to define my eyes without such a "done" look. Image is a deep olive green with a slight black/bronze sheen. Perfect for when you are doing a softer eye or just having a Tshirt and jeans day. I recommend using with the Smashbox brush 21....I get a perfect application every time!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous shimmery olive gold that...fades very quickly. I cannot get a solid line of color out of this, either. I do love the packaging, though. But i have to sent it back to Sephora, 'cause there's no sense in holding on to something that doesn't do what you want it to do, eh?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, we seem to have a wide variation in our color descriptions! Here's my take on the color: it's a deep charcoal-based golden olive with golden olive shimmer. Of the cream liners, it's my favorite color. It softly defines my lashes without looking too dark, harsh or too colorful. Smashbox cream liners are definitely different than Bobbi Brown or MAC - they just don't dry down to a bold, solid line. The effect I get when using Smashbox is a smudged kohl look, and personally I prefer this to having bold lines. I do have to set these liners with a powder shadow because they never set to a transfer-resistant finish, so they're really not the perfect liner. But I love how I can get a soft look from using this and the texture allows a lot of blending time. This pairs really well with the new Viewfinder Eye Shadow Trio.