September 30, 2014 | 1548 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by christyness79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about a week. I previously used Olay's Night Resurfacing Elixir.

I find this product to be significantly stronger, though I don't know how much since Olay doesn't publish the concentration of AHA in their product.

I am so far satisfied with this product, but I think the Olay product is more moisturizing. I may go back to using the Olay elixir, or perhaps just use the PC 8% a few times a week.

Btw - it is very common for people to break out a little when first using an AHA product. It sort of draws out the stuff that's hiding under those layers of dead cells. It usually resolves after a bit with continued use. Using a good toner before application helps keep the breakouts to a minimum.

Also, always use a moisturizer over your exfoliator. Always.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE AND PLAN TO TRY IT AGAIN.
This will work at exfoliating the outer layer of your skin. The texture feels weird but in a way that might actually appeal to most skin types like : dry oily and combination skin types. The texture goes from feeling like a thin watery gel yet goes on thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Kadyjoi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The first few times I used this, it stung for about 5 minutes. Not unbearable, but definitely not pleasant. I'd read so many reviews that said this stuff was awesome though, so I figured I'd give it a week. My skin acclimated to it with no other reactions by the third day. More to the point, this really helped refine my skin's tone and texture. I didn't see overnight results (realistically, milia takes a while to go away!) but after a month of consistent use, I am happy to report the milia is almost entirely gone and my normally dry, dull skin has a healthy glow! Definitely a keeper in my routine.

If your skin burns upon application, I recommend reducing the amount you use. I used a full two pumps the first couple times and when I cut back to just one the stinging lessened. Now I'm using just one to one and a half pumps and my skin is very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ryapapaya

I love this product! The results are amazing, my skin is brighter and clear from blemishes, I look dewy and more youthful.
The product goes on silky smooth and not sticky and dries quite fast.
It smells... different... citrus? bleach? not sure... not bad... but not delicious.

My only negative point about this product is that is stings your face if you have any open blemishes or abrasions. But if you tough out the pain they will heal faster and be gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would consider this gel AHA exfoliant formula to be my HG. It's amazing and results are noticeable the next day.

It's formulated so that you can use it daily, but I use it maybe once or twice a week. It's recommended that if you plan to use it daily, build up to it - so start using it every couple days, then every other day, then daily. I use this at night because it makes your skin more photosensitive. So make sure you're using a good SPF daily if you use this or any AHA.

Whenever I use this, I wake up to skin that is so glowy and smooth. It makes my pores noticeably smaller and helps a lot with clogged pores. It's also quite hydrating.
It smells a little acidic but it's barely noticeable and it fades away quickly. It can also feel kind of sticky, especially if you apply too much, but I believe that is just due to its nature as a gel. Occasionally I will notice a bit of minor stinging when I use this. That being said, this AHA provides noticeable results and delivers on its claim to create more even-toned, radiant skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is hands down my favorite product from Paula's Choice. This does everything that Paula's weekly 10% AHA Resist treatment CLAIMS to do (but fails at), and then some. This is probably because the 8% gel is an everyday treatment (1-2X), working 24-7 on your skin. This product definitely helps pigmentation issues and evens out skin tone, sloths off dead skin, brightens, and hydrates like crazy. When using this on a regular basis my normally dry skin is regulated and I even get a lovely dewy appearance. In all honestly I can also say it has softened my acne scars quite a bit more than I expected. It is strong stuff but you wouldn't know it via usage - I get zero stinging or irritation. This is also gentle enough for neck and decollate and I have to admit, this is the area I first noticed texture improvement. I believe the claims of "cell regeneration" are probably true considering what a workhorse this little gem in a bottle is. This is probably the very best daily product for skin rejuvenation available without a script that I have ever tried.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by wendylee526

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I can't say enough. I discovered it from the recommendation of a youtube makeup expert that I follow... and I have very dry skin and had recently hear that exfoliation "scrubs" can really harm your skin and leave popped blood vessels, etc. Petrified that I already did damage to my dry, sensitive, fair skin... lovely right, ugh... I searched for an exfoliant w/ out the harsh granuales... And this was what was recommended. I feel like it's magic in a bottle. And I'm someone who you would call a product junkie. I literally buy everything and anything... in search for the perfect products. It's what I do. I feel like it should be my job. I say this because you search, hoping to find the HG product, or if you're super lucky - find the HG product "line". I feel this may be it. I have very dry skin and I have found plenty of creams to keep the dryness at bay, but it feels like my skin is clogged and greasy. If it's not greasy, then there's flaking on my skin - gross. THIS product does exaclty what it's supposed to. It exfoliates gently leaving really healthy, glowing skin. I can handle getting older if my skin looks healthy. This skincare line is a godsend. Love it!!! Highly recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy grail. I've tried other AHA treatments and this one is amazing! It doesn't sting (I'm looking at you Alpha Hydrox Swipes), it leaves skin very smooth after just a few treatments, lasts a long time and is very affordable!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by fontainemullins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received a deluxe sized sample of this with my Lust Have It subscription box a couple of weeks ago. This stuff is amazing! When I first put it on it stung a little on a couple of dry patches around my nose (after a nasty flu). I only used a tiny amount but because of its gel formula a little went a long way. To me this stuff smells like a mild vinegar, but the smell doesn't last. It stays sticky for about 5 minutes, and then it soaks in and is invisible. Now this is where the magic happened.... I woke up the next day and OMG my skin was like a baby's butt! It was so smooth and hydrated, and the little flakes of skin around my nose were gone! I was so pleased, I even made my boyfriend feel my face! After continued use at night, the tiny bumps I had on my cheeks (where I contour) have gone. And I have had them for over 6 months! My skin has never looked so good! I will definitely be buying the full sized bottles. Hopefully postage to Australia is reasonable. But even if it isn't, I will still fork out the money because I will never EVER be without this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this gel a lot.

My skin is so much better since I started using this. It feels fuller, with less little bumps. It sinks super fast into the skin without leaving it feeling thight and dry. I think in the summer

It lasted me a really long time even if I used it everyday and I'll repurchase soon.