April 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Treatments - Paula's Choice - Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by wendylee526

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I can't say enough. I discovered it from the recommendation of a youtube makeup expert that I follow... and I have very dry skin and had recently hear that exfoliation "scrubs" can really harm your skin and leave popped blood vessels, etc. Petrified that I already did damage to my dry, sensitive, fair skin... lovely right, ugh... I searched for an exfoliant w/ out the harsh granuales... And this was what was recommended. I feel like it's magic in a bottle. And I'm someone who you would call a product junkie. I literally buy everything and anything... in search for the perfect products. It's what I do. I feel like it should be my job. I say this because you search, hoping to find the HG product, or if you're super lucky - find the HG product "line". I feel this may be it. I have very dry skin and I have found plenty of creams to keep the dryness at bay, but it feels like my skin is clogged and greasy. If it's not greasy, then there's flaking on my skin - gross. THIS product does exaclty what it's supposed to. It exfoliates gently leaving really healthy, glowing skin. I can handle getting older if my skin looks healthy. This skincare line is a godsend. Love it!!! Highly recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy grail. I've tried other AHA treatments and this one is amazing! It doesn't sting (I'm looking at you Alpha Hydrox Swipes), it leaves skin very smooth after just a few treatments, lasts a long time and is very affordable!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by fontainemullins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received a deluxe sized sample of this with my Lust Have It subscription box a couple of weeks ago. This stuff is amazing! When I first put it on it stung a little on a couple of dry patches around my nose (after a nasty flu). I only used a tiny amount but because of its gel formula a little went a long way. To me this stuff smells like a mild vinegar, but the smell doesn't last. It stays sticky for about 5 minutes, and then it soaks in and is invisible. Now this is where the magic happened.... I woke up the next day and OMG my skin was like a baby's butt! It was so smooth and hydrated, and the little flakes of skin around my nose were gone! I was so pleased, I even made my boyfriend feel my face! After continued use at night, the tiny bumps I had on my cheeks (where I contour) have gone. And I have had them for over 6 months! My skin has never looked so good! I will definitely be buying the full sized bottles. Hopefully postage to Australia is reasonable. But even if it isn't, I will still fork out the money because I will never EVER be without this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this gel a lot.

My skin is so much better since I started using this. It feels fuller, with less little bumps. It sinks super fast into the skin without leaving it feeling thight and dry. I think in the summer

It lasted me a really long time even if I used it everyday and I'll repurchase soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The stuff really works. It is a light gel that sinks into your skin immediately. it doesn't break me out and I have the impression that it improves my skin appearance in terms of even color and reducing my acne scares. Please, don't use scrubs for exfoliating! Use AHAs! You will not get a baby smooth skin immediately, but AHAs contribute to collagen building which scrubs do not.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by nlutes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this product three lippies because although I think it's improved my skin quite a bit, I don't love the formula. I find it incredibly sticky. The stickiness does not go away and sometimes interferes with my makeup application, such that recently I've taken to only applying it at night and not in the morning. I think a lotion formulation would be better for my skin. That said, I have definitely noticed an improvement in my overall skin texture and tone, due to either this or a combination of this product plus the C15 booster. My pores look clearer and I'm having less flaking. It was a bit irritating at first (slight itchiness after application) but I got the hang of how much to put on and how frequently, and haven't experienced that since.
I would probably buy again, but to be honest if I found another reasonably priced 8% AHA in a better formulation, I would not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used Paula's Choice products for years. I've always used the BHA products and was pleased enough with the results. I recently switched to this AHA gel. It was like OVERNIGHT difference. I know that sounds like exageration but it is true. I continue to get FABULOUS results from this product. I have dry/very dry skin and this takes care of that for me. My face looks brighter. I have ginorous pores on my nose. I think they may look a bit smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I had found this product sooner. I have used many products to attempt to combat my dry skin over the years, and none have really worked well enough for me to want to repurchase. I've wasted time on various hard scrubs - feeling like that had to be the solution, and now I know it wasn't. Not to mention the moisturizers and masks that also never quite made any noticeable difference to my skin even with regular use.
My skin wasn't flaky, just constantly dry and never 100% smooth in some areas. This has made a difference overnight. My skin feels so soft, and silky - it feels flawless to the touch and it's looking pretty good too. Definite HG, definite repurchase, I really, truly hope it solves your skin woes as it has mine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I like this treatment a lot - I had several samples and used it once or twice a week in the evenings (more often than that would have probably been a bit much for my rosacea skin). I like the effect that I see the next morning - more eventoned, smoother skin (with smooth I mean: no dry patches) which has healthy glow to it. I mostly use it without applying a moisturizer on top, because - and that´s the only con about this product for me - it does feel a bit like it creates a slightly sticky layer on the skin. If I don´t feel like going to bed without putting on a "real" moisturizer, I just leave it on for half an hour and then I spritz my face with some thermal water and wipe it off with a cotton pad, before I moisturize. The effect that I have the next morning is just as nice, in my opinion, as when I leave it on all night. But 99% of the time, I don´t feel like I need a extra moisturizer after I put this on. Even though I have quite thirsty skin, this somehow delivery enough moisture on most evenings for me. I will try out more products from Paula´s Choice, and probably get a full size at some point in the future.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this treatment about 6 months ago and stored it in a closet for the first months, I actually don't know why I bought this, maybe because I hoped that I could improve my skin a bit more. But I was so afraid to use it on my face, that I started to use it on my legs and hands. I was shocked how drying this was and the skin of my hands and legs became very itchy and dry. On top of that the gel was very sticky, I hated to use it. So after the experience on my body, I didn't try it on my face after all. For the records, my skin is very sensitive and rosacea prone. Maybe a succes for others, but not for me.