December 20, 2014 | 1097 users online

Blush - Pur Minerals - Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Blush

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this in cherry opal as I was looking for a red-ish blush and it was on half price for clear-out at shoppers drug mart ($11 CAD). I'm assuming they're redoing the line or the packaging or something. I really like it. The colour is very red so I have to dust my brush off before applying as I am very pale, and sometimes have to tone it down with my Pur minerals pressed powder. I still enjoy how red and noticable it is. I have many pale pink blushes that look kind of blah on my skin, where as this gives me a definite flushed look which I like in the winter. Can't wait to see what they do with their line of blushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this in Natural Bornite and its a nude pink color. I was talked into this by the sale rep for Pur when I was in Ulta. It's a nice blush and I like the color and how it looks. I am NW20 and pretty pale and this just looks very natural.

I wouldn't repurchase this simply because its not that pigmented and for the price I think it should be. I gave it 4 lippies because Pur is all natural and chemical free and this is a good blush, just not my favorite. Lasting power is average and it blends ok. I just prefer other blushes to this and don't find myself using it anymore.

They're $16 and I just don't feel they are worth that. I used to be a HUGE BE junkie and find their blushes better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by skpriya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I originally wanted Nars "Orgasm" blush because I feel like there is so much said about that blush that it's become one of those things, like a rite of passage, that you must try and own and become inevitably disappointed when it does not magically transform you into Megan Fox as the ancestors once promised you.**

I had a giftcard to Ulta which does not carry Nars products, but a saleslady told me about this blush which she said was a good dupe. She gave me the color "polynesian pink". I am horrible at saying no to sales people, especially when they take the time to put the damn make-up on my face. This lady was even so nice as to lie and say I have nice skin--I was committed to the pot at this point. I had to buy the stupid thing.

So anyway about this polynesian pink:
pros:
-it's a good colored pigment. it's a nice rosy pink, with the correct amount of shimmer to it to make you look like a coy fairy nymph (that is the look you want, right? why else would you put shimmer on your face?)
-if applied lightly, it can be a good subtle look

cons:
-it does not blend terribly well with other make-up. I usually wear it with Smashbox bb cream, with okay results.
-the staying power of this blush is pretty lame--I ADMIT I do not use any sort of setting power or other fancy things, but other blushes I have used in the past have lasted longer than this.
-the tiny brush they give you is pretty horrible to apply with--you'd be better off with your fingers, honestly.

overall, I do use this blush and I like it well enough. But I won't be buying again because I think there are better blushes to be had. Greener--or should I say rosier--pastures are out there, I believe.

**the secret, you will someday find (as in the last act of any Pixar movie), is that Megan Fox has been inside you the whole time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do really like this blush. It applies evenly, lasts all day, does not irritate my skin (unlike their powder foundation), and looks natural. I have the colour "Roselite", which is a dusty rose, coral colour, not the garish tone shown on the Purminerals web site.
However, I wouldn't repurchase it because I can find blushes that are just as good for less. Also, the packaging irritates me: on the backside there is a separate compartment with a tiny, itsy bitsy, useless mirror and a tiny, itsy bitsy, useless brush. I'm sure those components add substantially to the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by savyy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best powder blush. Others have made me break out. It's not too dry/powdery looking and not too sparkly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Muchaca28

For years I'd been using the blush from Kohl's makeup line, but the ingredients are horrible. So I decided to try this because I loved their 4-in-1 powder foundation. My main complaint is that it really doesn't blend well over the foundation, or in general. Maybe it's too chalky? However, their pigments are strong, so a little goes a long way = longer lasting. And the ingredients are slightly better than standard blushes, which makes it lean heavily in its favor for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this with my 20% off at Ulta in Polynesian pink and I think it might be an ok dupe for Nars o. The price was great and I love the color it's gorgeous peachy sort of pink and it shimmers but much less so on the cheeks. I only have one issue with it and that's that it kind of dissolves when a brush touches, there's a lot of fall-out from the packaging which is kind of a waste, but I still love it, I might need to try other colors now!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by victoriaemilyf

I was given this product for christmas and I've carried it with me in my makeup bag ever since. I have naturally rosy cheeks and this blush (in a light pink) does a good job of blending out the natural red and defining the cheek bone.

It's a very natural color and can contour without looking fake. I would recommend it for a quick, easy, natural look. However - this product will not layer and does not always play nice with other makeups. When I used bare mineral foundation powders, it was phenominal - but when used on top of other foundations (makeup forever, color stay, smashbox tinted moisturizer...) it seems to 'sit'.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by alm1217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This company makes very pretty blushes, especially in the limited edition palettes they've been coming out with lately. The colors are pigmented, soft, and wearable. It really livens up my face. My only complaints are the lack of shade range and the packaging. While the packaging is sturdy and easy to work with, it looks very cheap. I'd like to see them re-vamp the blush packaging to resemble the new foundation compacts. One thing I do like about the packaging is the clear lid. I like knowing which color I'm grabbing without turning it over first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i have this blush in cherry opal. i'm nw43 in mac so pretty brown. this blush shows up beautifully against my skin. i wear meow minerals foundation but hadn't found a blush in that line that was flattering on me. i wanted a mineral blush and the pur minerals rep in ulta had me try this one on. i'm glad i did. really this is the only blush i wear and sometimes i layer it with the bronzed blush by the same line. to me the color looks natural and just gives a healthy glow. even with my oily skin it lasts. i really haven't looked for another blush since getting this. i like that it lasts, plays well with others and is also a good stand alone product.