September 21, 2014 | 2084 users online

Skincare - Face - MD Skincare by Dr. Dennis Gross - Anti-Aging Vitamin C Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 4:40:00 AM More reviews by LVAesthetician

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product has been reformulated since most of these reviews.
Look at this post instead -

It's now in a thicker more lipid based consistency. I cannot use most Vitamin C products because they make me flakey very irritated. I do feel some sensation after using this product - especially if I have been picking at something. But in the morning, my skin looks so even and bright. I love it. I use this and the Radiance Renewal :D

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by pweetygurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin. But the monthlies can get my chin to break out, also the t-zone and forhead area. This gel is quite oily, however it does absorb quickly. in the morning my skin feels great on the rest of the face but on the chin and nose and forehead, a person like my skin could expect break outs.

I wouldn't buy this again. I think its best for people with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 12:28:00 PM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of the serum from Sephora and while it felt nice I don't think I will be purchasing the full size bottle. I did like that it is quickly absorbed and leaves the skin very soft. Its very thick though for a serum and seems to leave a soft coating over the skin.-maybe thats where the softness comes from, not sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is now called MD Skincare Hydra-Pure Vitamin C Serum. I recently received a sample of it. My sample is very thick in texture, more like a silicone-based makeup primer than a serum. It applies smoothly to skin with no balling up, even when I apply other silicone-based products over it. I do experience some minor, short-lived stinging and itching, though I believe that's a common reaction for vitamin C products. I don't plan to purchase this because I want to try SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex, which is supposed to be excellent and which is a bit cheaper than this product.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Squalane, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Quercetin Caprylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Acrylates/Carbamate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Panthenol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Phytic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Gluconate, Tetrasodium Edta, Purified Water, Phenoxyethanol.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2007 11:06:00 AM More reviews by kbrand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've written several reviews for MD Skincare products. I started using this about 5 days ago. I've been using it nightly after my peel and before my moisturizer. I was really afraid of the texture at first; it's an oily consistency that has what appears to be two substances that are separated naturally by whatever oil it is. I'm assuming the darker brown color is the Vitamin C since it reacts to light. I even went back to Sephora to make sure mine hadn't gone bad or something!

Anyway, so I had to put it in the palm of my hand, otherwise it would go straight through my fingers. This product is NOT a gel... more like a serum, and a very runny serum at that. It does absorb very quickly though. I think it's really helping some of my red spots and discoloration from acne marks. The next morning, I've been waking up to very even-toned skin! It's actually quite nice. I have pretty oily skin and I don't feel like it's creating an oil slick. But before I get ahead of myself, I'm wondering if this is causing some surface pimples. I'll update in a few weeks to be sure. I really hope it's not causing it because I really like this product.

Dr. Gross really needs to work on some of his containers. The pump on this is hard to operate, and should be much easier considering the product is so runny. But it is a pump so it's very sanitary. I haven't tried any other Vit. C products so this is my only experince. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. UPDATE: Made me break out horribly. It's perhaps one of my worst breakouts ever. My esthetician thinks that my skin doesn't like all the acid, but who knows. They're changing the formula soon so I think I'll try the new one later.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by rhody

I really like the texture of this gel. It is a true gel that sinks right into skin without feeling greasy or oily. I have been using it every other night and I don't know if it makes a big difference to my skin, but I guess the whole point is that it's an anti-ager, so you don't really know if they're working or not. I will say that the packaging is excellent: there's no way air could get inside and deteriorate the product. One negative: I suspect that this might cause breakouts for me - not terrible ones, but a zit here or there. I have switched to using it every other night in the hopes that that will keep breakouts at bay.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2005 10:40:00 PM More reviews by wawagugugaga

This is the first Vitamin C cream/gel that I used. The texture is very light and easy-absorbent; the scent is nice too. I noticed skin complexion is more even after 2 weeks. It also makes the skin very supple and smooth. But I really want to try other Vitamin C products from other lines just to compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2004 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Jaee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Holiday Anti-aging Set from Md Skincare and this came with it. I love it!! It soaks right in, does not break me out (miracle), and after a few weeks my skin is looking really good. So good in fact that I just bought 5 of the gift sets - the price is great.

Very impressed with this entire line! It has made my difficult skin soft and smooth. Happy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2003 12:44:00 PM More reviews by malane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i've only been using this a few days but so far i really like it. it's not too strong & has a nice light consistency. my skin looks clear & bright. UPDATE: unfortunately, after a few more days of using this i had breakouts.