August 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Illuminating Eyeshadow/Ombre Creme- Peninsula

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2004 1:45:00 PM More reviews by neicy81

This is a very nice bronze chocolate shade with flecks of gold. The formula is creamy but long lasting. I only wish this color was more intense.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2004 4:28:00 AM More reviews by mayag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A True-Bronze cream eyeshadow, but not from the really creamy kind: it has a lighter, and more pressed formula. Still, if applied alone, will never dry completey; true cream. Can be applied with finger-tips, or with a synthetic eyeshadow brush. Tends to crease, even on well powdered skin. Doesn't crease if washed over by a powder eyeshadow. My Tips for DayWear (29, medium tone, brown eyes&hair): With Chanel's #1 Eyeshadow Brush* I apply the Peninsula on my powdered upper lids, always starting from the center and moving sideways. I blend evenly with the brush whithin the crease and brow-bones contours. After wiping off the brush with a tissue, I use it again to highlight my brow bones and inner corners of the lids with the Ombre Unique Creme in Delta*. I blend very well. I wash over my upper lids with Chanel's Irreelle Ombre in Sphinx*, using Chanel #2 Eyeshadow Brush*. With the same brush I wash over the Delta with Irreelle Ombre in Fussion*. I then line the whole length of my upper lids with Lancome's Le Crayon Khol in Buzz Buzz*, and smudge with Chanel's #4 Eyeliner Brush*. I then reline the outer 3/4s of my upper lids (closer to the lashes' roots) with Chanel's Le Crayon Khol in Ambre*, and don't smudge. I line my lower eye-rims with Mac's Eye Khol in Light Green*, and finish with Lancome's Definicils* mascara in Black (followed by a lash-comb). *=See my other review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2004 4:21:00 PM More reviews by valora

Beautiful chestnut brown cream shadow with a hint of shimmer. You can apply this sheer or build up the color. For evenings I pair this with Atlantis(light green Ombre Creme) or Jeans de Chanel(limited eyeshadows palette). A little goes a long way so don't be afraid of spending for any of these great Chanel Cream Shadows!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2004 5:03:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do love the way this creamy, brown shade never makes me look muddy when brown powder e/s are often looking muddy on me. It is just so natural on my cool PPP colouring and not too frosty and shimmery. Makes a great smokey eye or natural eye. Too bad it is not very long lasting on me. I still want to try one lighter color you know because it might just be this shade. I hope so. This is so pretty but is not spectacular. Actually I think Benefit Creaseless Creme e/s has better staying power but I hate the way they are too shimmery.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2004 12:11:00 AM More reviews by naima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color of this eye shadow is absolutely gorgeous. It's a rich, warm and creamy bronze with a subtle golden shimmer.

Unfortunately, this shade doesn't want to stick to my oily lids. It even creases & slips off my best bases. For that reason I had to swap it away.

If you are someone with drier lids and a penchant for warm bronzes, this may be worth a look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2004 1:03:00 PM More reviews by PetLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have auburn colored hair and very light eyebrows. I could never find a brow pencil, powder or gel that was the right color, etc. I stumbled upon Peninsula and have been using it with a brow brush instead of traditional brow products. It works wonderfully! It goes on nicely, the color is perfect - not too red, a slight shimmer, and it really lasts. If I ever go through this amount I will definetly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2003 3:57:00 PM More reviews by grenadine_00

Shimmery, subtle sable brown. No creasing. De rigeur compact. No e/s aficionado am I, but I do like this. A lot. Atop a light tan, almost heavenly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2003 5:12:00 PM More reviews by erinsab

Yet again I like these! Delta is a taupey color. I like to layer this with the Variation Quad. A little goes a long way and they are very cremey. Last longer then most creme eyeshadows.....will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2003 3:56:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Shimmering deep brown cream shadow. Doesn't crease and I LOVE that it lives up to it's advertising. I use this one mostly in the crease and on the brow bone as an accompanyment to the other cream shadows. These shadows rock for a glammy sheen of color.