October 1, 2014 | 1312 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Sally Hansen - Age Correct Retinol Hand Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by cushiekisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love... I can feel my hands tingle when I use this and I love the smell. I will keep buying until it's d/c which hopefully will never happen. I'm young but I can tell my hands are aging first :( hopefully with frequent use of this my hands will match my face (youth wise)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, I love this stuff. I even use this on my face. I get horribly dry skin everywhere and some dry patches and this has worked instantly to remove them. I keep one at my desk at work and one in my purse for those moments when I get flaky skin on my face. I love the orange scent too and it's super thick, so you don't need alot... this is a must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by GryphonLovesLipstick

I bought this in an attempt to preempt/prevent wrinkly hands. I liked that it has retinol and antioxidants, although I realize the ingredient levels probably aren't that high. Didn't notice anything miraculous after using up a whole tube of this, but I do think the skin on my hands, particularly around my knuckles, is a little smoother and finer.

Regardless, this was a nice hand cream. I kept it at my desk at work and used it after washing my hands. The bottle is a pretty generous size compared to most hand creams, which I liked. The cream itself absorbs very quickly and dries to a soft, really pleasant powdery finish. No greasy palms, yet my hands still felt well moisturized. The only negative for me was the scent, which kind of reminded me of a Starburst candy. Some people might like it but I'm not crazy about this smell on my skin. Fortunately it fades pretty quickly and you're just left with soft, smooth hands.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by magentagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Everyone likes this cream except me. My hands are very dry and after reading these reviews I decided to try it as well. I usually use The Body Shop Almond oil intensive hand rescue and like it a lot, but I thought this will be better because it has retinol and will help prevent aging, plus it might lighten a couple of freckles on my hands. Actually, it dried my hands so much, I started to develop wrinkles due to the lack of moisture. It didn't lighten any freckles either, but I was using it only for about 3 weeks (plus high spf sunblock on top) and I had to stop. I think my hands don't like retinol. I tried putting this cream only at night and Almond oil cream on top, and still woke up with dry hands. Now I'm using only TBS cream and my hands are well hydrated and wrinkle free. At night I put castor oil, massage well and wake up with silky smooth hands.
    UPDATE: I don't thing it's retinol in this cream that's drying them out. It's something else. I recently started using Neutrogena Deep Wrinkle retinol Serum on my hands, 1 pump every night under my handcream and they are nice and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by agingfast

This item is one I try to stock up on when I do see it. It helps deal with the crepe-like texture I'm starting to get on my 46-yr. old hands - it plumps up the skin in the short term, AND it does longer-term repair work. I noticed after a while of smearing the excess lotion up my forearms, that the myriad freckles that started accumulating on my fair forearms from about age 30 on faded/disappeared nicely from this lotion, so now I really use it for that. I wish it came in a pump. I'm okay with the citrusy smell, but would prefer no scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really good product by S.Hansen. I definitely do notice visible results when I use this hand creme. And a little goes along way, other wise you'll end up with greasy hands. My hands look smoother, and dare I say, "younger" in appearance when I use this creme. And for the price, it's completely worthwhile to at least give it a try if you're undecided on this one. ***Also, I have extremely sensitive skin and this product, in no way whatsoever, causes any irritation, redness, stinging/burning, etc. Hope this helps! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 6:19:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find my hands softer and able to withstand multiple hand washing the day after when I put this on before sleeping. It is packaged in an orange tube with a white cap. The smell is ok, and you don't need a lot of product to moisturize both hands. The important thing is that this lasts throughout most of the day and guarantees softer hands compared to not putting any hand lotion at all. It works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by abbyten

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently started using this product again. Don't know why I quit using it a while ago other than the fact that I'm easily distracted when it comes to skin care. Now that I have started using a retinol cream on my face (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging), and it has been doing such nice things for my skin, I decided to use this for my hands because it contains retinol unlike many creams that contain retinyl palmitate which really doesn't do much for the skin. I love the texture - nice and light but hydrating, and it sinks in immediately. If your hands are really dry, you can use a heavier hand cream over it. The price is dirt cheap for a real retinol product - $5.99 for a 4.5 oz. tube. Now that I've found it again, I won't get distracted this time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by 1prettygirl

I love this cream, the orange scent smells devine! My hands are like my second face so I pay alot of attention to them. I have been using this hand cream after using Sally Hansen's hand exfoliator and I feel good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by luvandlust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product after noticing I was developing my mother's hands -- wrinkled with dry patches. I have been using this product for a little over a week, at night, with cotton gloves. Wow, what a difference! My dry patches have disappeared, and my skin appears to be a bit less wrinkled as well.

After the first couple of days I was so impressed, I tried it on some dry patches on my legs as well, with the same great results.

I bought the tube, which is really convenient to use. Will definitely repurchase.