September 20, 2014 | 1897 users online

Bronzers - Laura Mercier - Bronzing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by CityGirlNY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is extremely sheer, which makes it look really natural on my face--and is easier to apply than the well-reviewed Chanel bronzer. It has more color and less shimmer than the body bronzer, so I use it on my legs too. Of course, the color transfers, so don't use it when wearing white.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Fabulous: a miniscule amount added to tinted moisturiser lends an ever so subtle bronzed glow (i.e. very much a natural looking sun-kissed radiance). Oil free, so non-greasy. And, generously sized and reasonably priced for what you get. Overall, then: thoroughly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I love this! I ordered it online without ever seeing it in person and when I saw the color I thought I'd hate it. I don't. It's a very natural color (great for my NC 20-25 skin). Blends like a dream without being greasy and it actually lasts on my skin (I minor miracle) I add it to foundation sometimes to give a little more color and that works really well. On weekends I sometimes just use this and some concealer and it looks great. Much more natural than powder bronzer IMO. This one really surprised me and I'm so glad I tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by JCM123

This is an absolute HG for me! I love love love this bronzer! I hate it when I go on holiday, get a tan and then all of a sudden I am left with ridiculously pale foundation to wear for the next few months; not with this baby! Literally a little of this mixed in with which ever lighter foundation you have a you are set, you can build up the colour so go gradually but you will always be able to get the colour right. On its own it is a really lovely build-able bronzer, that dries and doesn't leave you feeling all oily PLUS it has absolutely zero shimmer so you can use this to achieve a nice natural tan look. If I am going out and want to get the pasty legs out and I have nothing to help, then a bit of this mixed in with my body lotion and suddenly I have gorgeous tanned pins (expensive for legs so try not to do this too often)... the list could go on for uses I have found for this! I highly highly recommend! This gives a lovely tanned natural colour, not some weird orange that so many bronzers have!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 6:29:00 AM More reviews by lillamyspysen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very nice bronzing gel. When the MA asked if she could try it on I was a little bit sceptic, when I looked at the colour. It looked like the old bronzers from the 80žes.But it gives a nice glow to the face and still look natrual. I like that it comes in a tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by LovingMe830

I find this bronzing gel very easy to work with, it blends effortlessly and you can build color, which I need to do, as it is somewhat transparent. I also mix it with Pout's 'After-glow' illuminator and the finshed look is very pretty! I love to use this combo on weekends, when I want a low-mainatnence look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

Smooth, non-greasy and easy to blend, great natural colour (not orangey at all), and sheer enough for my very fair skin. It has a very subtle shimmer, but not noticeably sparkly- just enough to keep the colour from looking 'flat'. Also, it does not leave your fingers stained after application like other gels do. I've tried quite a few bronzing gels and this is deffinately the best. Recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2005 10:00:00 PM More reviews by elsie_elle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A true natural bronze. Gel, so you can layer and layer without it looking like makeup. Blendable, non sticky, non-greasy. Very nice for summer. However, for me, the shade itself is too warm, and I'm cool toned. That's ok, I'm not such a bronzer fan anyways, but for anyone that is, give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2005 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Polish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mix a squirt of this with my tinted moisturizer in sand and it gives my skin a beautiful, glowy radiance. I would be devastated if this was ever discontinued. I use this combination all year round; I just adjust the bronzer to tint ratio depending on how tan I am. Highly reccomend!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2003 8:55:00 PM More reviews by catsplash

I have mixed feelings about his bronzer. I like it, but I'm not sure it's a justified "liking." I love the texture of this product--it is very light and non-gooey. It is also very sheer; you would have to try really hard to mess up the application. It's so sheer, however, I have to put a LOT on to really tell I'm wearing it, and my skin is fairly light. Don't buy this if you're looking for something to make you look noticably sunkissed. I like to have it around anyway because it's nice to slap on on a hot day if I want a little "something" without a full-fledged makeup job. A slight glow or dewey-ness is really all I get. For a true sunkissed (but natural) look, I find myself turning to my Bobbi Brown powder bronzer. I would probably repurchase the LM Bronzing Gel, but will never have to because even a heavy application requires only a small amout of product.