April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Eye Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

So, I've been a huge fan of the Oil of Olay Regenerist and CereVe skin care lines for years, alternating between the two of them with great results. I needed a new under eye cream and bought this because Target, CVS AND Walmart were all out of the Regenerist AND CereVe so I figured I'd give this a try since I had used some Neutrogena skin care in the past and had it work well.

I've been using this in the morning and evening for about a month now and I'm about to give it up and go back to my CereVe eye cream as soon as I get it because I've ordered it from Ulta. I find that this Neutrogena Healthy Skin eye cream just isn't as moisturizing and brightening as the CereVe and doesn't attack wrinkles the same way Olay's Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum does. I don't really have anything bad to say about it, it's slightly moisturizing, doesn't sting or hurt my eyes and absorbs nicely but it doesn't seem to really DO anything or be effective at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I have had amazing results with Neutrogena's products so I was excited to try this eye cream. As I age I am noticing that my eye area looks more lined and dry. For reference I have combination skin, with very dry cheeks and undereye eye area, very oily nose and chin and normal forehead. I do have fine lines under my eyes and the beginnings of crow's feet.

This product has no SPF which is a huge disappointment so I have to use this as a night treatment. I don't use this in the day as I already apply many layers on my skin and I don't want to cause any issues with my makeup application.

After using this consistently on a night for several months, there has been no reduction in fine lines or any change whatsoever in my undereye area. I feel that this product doesn't give as much moisture as I really need in this area and in fact made my undereye area look more crepey and dry. I think that this may be due to the AHAs that this cream contains, perhaps the exfoliating effect is just too strong for my dry skin.

On the plus side, no new lines have appeared. But after using it for this length of time I do expect to see some sort of improvement, however minimal, but instead my undereye area looks worse than it did before treatment. I am now looking for a cream that is a lot more comforting to my dry lined skin, with less of a lightweight texture. I will not be buying this again, I need more from an eye cream than this gives.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is very light, but it does the job that I want it to do.

It comes in a small, squeezable tube. It has a very gel like consistency. It sinks quickly into the skin around my eyes. I use this under the eyes and along the brow bone, as I get very dry all over my eye. I use this only at night.

This moisturizes very well. I can use this at night and wake up with refreshed skin. There's no dryness to be found! However, this isn't as moisturizing at some other eye creams that I have used.

In terms of anti-aging, I haven't seen a huge difference. To be fair, I'm still pretty young, but I've seen a larger difference with some other eye creams. I'll pick this up again, but I might switch to something stronger for anti-aging when I get older.

For those just looking for moisture, this is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this eye cream. I started to notice a lot of fine lines underneath my eyes and with my already parched skin I knew my eye area was in desperate need. I used to use one by olay but it actually burned my eyes, and it was kind of heavy. This eye cream is perfect for someone young getting a feel for eyecream. It's very lightweight and doesn't irritate. I've seen improvement of lines over time and have repurchased. It's actually not that expensive when compared to a lot of other drugstore eye creams and definitely compared to high end. The olay was probably a few dollars cheaper but for no burning I can sacrifice. It works for me right now being 19 but if you're older you probably need something a bit more intensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Casanchez18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was over all "meh" for me. Mainly because I used it for about 3 months and saw no improvement in any thing. And a few time it stung upon application. It just didn't really do much for me and I was about 3/4th done with it and decided to just throw it away. Do not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I initially reviewed this cream very favourably as it was working wonders on my saggy eye-hoods. But I must have developed sensitivity to it as it caused some irritation. Damn. I have very sensitive eyes though.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Azamataz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello!

I just wanted to issue a little warn of caution to anyone using this product, or other products that contain variations of retinol. Sometimes, included in the list of ingredients, you'll find "palmitate." It has recently been found to be a possible carcinogen. I don't want to ring any giant warning bells, as the jury is, as always, still out - but I thought that the responsible thing to do was to mention this to all of you gorgeous women out there who are just as concerned with safety as you are beauty!

I'm on the hunt for the perfect products myself, and I can't say how nice it is to have a whole community of smart, lovely ladies to help me in my quest!

Thanks so much for your time and attention, and as always, Stay Beautiful!

Az

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was referred to this by a skincare guru as a "preventative" measure (AKA she's telling me to start using an eye cream). I accidently picked up Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Moisturizing Cream (both day and night) instead of this and those have done wonders. However, this, I do not like. I have been using it for a good three weeks and can say that it makes me have MORE wrinkles (temporary, obviously) and that it has contributed to some milia under my left eye. Not moisturizing at all and I don't see any positives about it to be honest. Really wanted this to work - its such a reasonable price for an eye cream!!! ;'(

Perhaps it would be good for oilier skin, but my skin is very dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Cpdang

I have super oily skin, so I hated wearing sunglasses as it left them all oily too. but one day I looked in the mirror and realized that I got this huge, noticeable wrinkle under my left eye, I freaked out and ran to the store to look for an eye cream with hope that it could magically reverse my mistake. At the time I was using Lancome multi vitamin eye cream in the morning but I used nothing at night. so I picked up this one and wow within a week my new born wrinkle was gone, and the area under my eyes became so bright and smooth. So much better than before. Of course I learned to also get used to wearing sunglasses along with using this cream at night. I could not be happier. The texture is really smooth and not greasy at all. The smell is subtle. Perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

This is the first eye cream I have ever bought. I have very fine lines and darkness around my eye area since forever. I'm 21 so I figured I have to be preventive about future wrinkles too. This liquidy pale translucent cream absorbs quickly on the eye area and feels refreshing. Not sticky or oily at all, it helps concealer glide easier. It's been months since I first bought it and I haven't noticed any difference on my eye area... It just gives a firming feel to the skin for a couple of hours but that's about it. Will keep looking! *sigh*