November 28, 2014 | 1378 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Long Last - Berry Freeze

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by snis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In general I am not a huge fan of Clinique lipsticks, because I don't seem to find a lot that goes with darker skintones.

I am an NC43-44/ BB Golden and this shade is okay but not something that you could not find a in a cheaper drugstore version. I bought this when I recently purchased the Long Lasting Lipstick in Amberglass (the only Cliniuqe lipstick I use). In the store this looked like a less intense version of Amberglass but when I got home and tried it, I found it had more orange in it than it seemed when it was applied on me in the store.( Ambeglass is a rich bronze color). It pays to wait until you get into daylight to view the true hue of a lipstick.

That said, it will do,I can mix it with other shades or use it with a lip pencil to make it work but it is not worth the $15 it costs. I am willing to bet Revlon, CG or Maybeline or L'Oreal has something comparable for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My perfect red.

I have been looking for the perfect red shade for 20 years (I kid you not). Always they were either too bright, too blue, too orange, too dark... you get the picture?

Anyway, I was recently colour analysed as a Soft Autumn (email me if you want more details, it is something that I recommend to anyone). Soft Autumns have skintones that look their best with muted, soft colours, of med dark/lightness, which are slightly warm. Sounds complicated. It isn't. Think moss green, grey green, slate blue, soft desert rose, dusty gold, slatey grey browns, neutral grey/beige, dusty teal, gentle coral peach, brown-pinks.

If you recieve compliments wearing those sort of colours, then believe me, this lipstick is the answer to your prayers!

I could very easily just have this one bullet and wear it all the time - softly over lipgloss, lightly for a natural look, medium strength at work, and blotted and re-applied for evening drama.

To be honest, I hadn't even identified the colour as 'red' until a read a few of the other reviews. Of course it IS red, but that isn't the first thing you think - in fact, when I look at my face wearing this lipstick, I don't think about the product at all, I think 'healthy', 'bright eyes' and 'flattering' - which is the goal of makeup.

After all, if someone walks up to you and says 'hey, I like your foundation/lipstick/eyeliner' then you know you have got it wrong, haven't you? Because if you had it RIGHT, they would be saying 'you look lovely today', and seeing YOU, not the makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by blushingpammy

I recently got this for free at my Clinique counter and at first I was shocked to see the shade. Though I've been wanting to try red lippies in a long time, I never had the courage to buy one for myself as I wasn't sure if I can rock red lips. But when I tried this on, I was surprised to see how it compliments my skin (MAC NC25-30). I adore this lipstick since it has never dried out my lips and glides like butter. Having read that this color has been discontinued, I'm a bit sad that the first ever red lipstick I had won't be available if I decide to purchase one so I'm off to just finding another red one and enjoy this lippy while I still can.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Edit: I downgraded this from a 4 to a 2. Although the color is LOVELY, it dried up my lips horribly--and NO amount of lip primer/moisturizers/balm/vaseline could stop it (or even slow it down). Also, it wears off so fast!! I'm very dissappointed! Back to CoverGirl Continuous Color....with my allergies, it's the only other lipstick I can now wear. Clinique, you let me down. : (

This is a gorgeous color on me...and it is working with my cool skin-tone that is currently splotched with red irritation, It is not long-lasting (by my definition), but it is lovely and applies easily. It IS a little dehydrating, so I now moisturize with a drop of jojoba oil first, and after it's absorbed, I dab and apply the lipstick; this made no difference in the durability of the product.

Cons: It doesn't last any longer than Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick
Pros: The color is fabulous, and perfect for me! The packaging/tube is great! Having the right color is WORTH the price!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by wontonwendy

this is SUCH a classy colour that goes so well with my asian skin. a kind of browny reddy berry colour it completes any look to take it from day --> night ! :) love it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Long-lasting, moisturizing lipstick in a pretty brick berry shade. There's nothing unique or special about the color, but the formula's nice and it's flattering enough to wear with anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by uberuninspired

this is my everyday lipstick. it's hard for me to find a colour that suits my skin tone, this is good for work because it's not too subtle yet not to OTT. and the lipsticks by other brands tend to cause my lips to peel - think MAC, LOREAL, etc. I like clinque's lipsticks because it doesn't give me peeling problems, the colours are strong enough and i don't have to layer lip gloss below it to keep my lips from getting dry. it generally stays on pretty well, the colour is quite rich. when i get bored with the colour i layer it with other lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 8:24:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the other reviewers that this is a beautiful shade of red, but soft, classy, and very easy to wear red. I love the violet/purple undertones with the slight hint of shimmer. This lipstick applies creamy, never dries out my lips, and wears quite well during the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

i LOVE clinique lipsticks, LLSS especially. so far this is my favorite color, but i am dying to try chianti, as i understand it is like this one but with a warmer tone and no sparkle. i can't really see the sparkle in this one, but it is a nice dark reddish/brownish/berry color. my only beef with it is that it is a little too neutral, almost on the cool side, and i much prefer warm lipsticks. but the texture is great, not drying at all and very smooth, just be prepared to reapply more often than with more matte lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Aji05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When i apply this lightly on my lips, I absolutely love the colour (I'm a NC45 and i like dabbing lipsticks on my lips, not applying them in the conventional way). It gives a red-orangey hue but more red. It suits the undertones of my skin beautifully especially when paired with Nars Taos blush. There is one thing that i dont like about this lipstick and Clinique products in general: They are very dehydrating! After about 20 minutes post-application, even after use on top of a lip moisturiser, my lips feel very parched. Re-application makes them feel even worse. Over the day, my lips feel like they are shrinking and start to look old, if that makes sense. Also, my lip lines become more prominent. Clinique needs to lift its game with moisture.