November 24, 2014 | 1819 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by luckystarre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff made me break out like crazy. In addition, it left a flaky layer on my skin (and I didn't use much at all so this is not due to excess). I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by dtn06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I prefer this one over the positively radiant. It didn't break me out and felt pretty good on my skin. I agree that it is a bit expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by WinnieQBear

MAN! This stuff breaks me out like no other!...
The moisturizing element is not that great.
Price is too high. I use it for my hands now...Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is merely okay; however, I will probably purchase again.

The pluses: it doesn't make me break out, it smells nice, it has made the hair on my upper lip softer and finer, and it makes the other hair on my face easier to remove. I pluck and epilate on my face, and it seems less painful for me to epilate, and when I pluck, the hair just sort of eases out of the follicle. I do like that. But that is not to say that the hair is becoming less noticeable...

The minuses: it doesn't control oil, it stings a bit on application, it is pretty sticky, it has no sunscreen, and it doesn't do a thing to make the hair on my chin, throat and sideburn area finer or softer.

So why will repurchase, if the bad outweighs the good? Because I am desperate for results. So I'm willing to buy at least one more bottle and pray that it will eventually work. But this stuff is expensive, so I probably will only buy it one more time if 2 full bottles doesn't produce the desired result.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by serimay

This product was okay, it made my face slightly greasier but it did make my face pretty soft. As for minimizing the appearance of unwanted hair, I didn't notice any difference whatsoever so for that purpose, I think it failed miserably. It also left residue on my skin. I think it did improve the texture of my skin though. I thought it was pretty expensive and I don't think I'll be buying this product again after I finish the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2006 7:20:00 PM More reviews by reyiru

I think I used about 2 bottles of this, why is that, I don't know because I don't think it did anything for me. Strong fragrance, slight burn at application, a bit oily and has a tendency to ball up. I guess it moisturized, but you can probably get a much better product!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2006 7:29:00 PM More reviews by islandgirl1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is sticky and gloopy. It does sink in, but it kind of leaves a powdery finish...I'm not sure what it is. And not powdery in the sense that it makes your skin matte, but literally powdery. It also doesn't moisturize well. I have acne prone skin that was oily, but is now more combo leaning towards dry. And this does not do the job that I need at all. I can pile it on, and my face feels tight and dry. This is very weird as I don't need a ton of moisture. I used up about 2/3 of the bottle and was going to wait until I finished to purchase something else. But I felt my facial skin was being damaged, so I went out and bought a new moisturizer today. I'll finish this sticky stuff up by using it on my neck at night.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sarboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Only giving it a 3 because I haven't been using it for long. It doesn't sting on my skin (brown, South Asian), and it's not greasy. It doesn't have SPF so I tend to use it as an early morning moisturiser (followed by my SPF moisturiser before I go out). It's definitely evened out my skin tone which was looking a bit blotchy of late. As for the hair minimizing, I've been told by beauticians that if you use these products religiously, you should see some difference but it only lasts as long as you use the product. In any case, I've definitely noticed a reduction around the upper lip area - the rest is still the same. Will keep using it and see how I go.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2006 12:10:00 AM More reviews by FtJingles

This is definetly a bad product. it did not moisturize my normal skin a bit. it did improve the smoothness of my texture but it also got rid of my softness. i also have the positively radiant one and they are both the same. no moisture, no nothing. i think they're the reason i got pimples on my always clear skin. i got like 4 pimples!!! more than i've ever had at once!!!! i usually only get 1 at a time. but i think its probably due to the lack of moisture. dont buy; its very expensive for a useless product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by PeaceLuvMusic

I've been using this product for over a month now along with the Aveeno skin brightening daily scrub. As previously stated, it didn't improve the appearance of unwanted hair but it did do it's job as a moisturizer without causing a single breakout. (I usually get breakouts w/ OLAY products) I do find my skin to be a little olier than usual when I wake up in the morning but my skin was a little dry before-hand so i'm ok with that. It was about $11 and I'm halfway through the bottle. I will probably repurchase this product in the upcoming months.