Mary Kay Liquid Eyeliner

2.3

on 5/1/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been reading bad reviews on this product and I'm over here thinking like what are they talking about?! I love this liquid eyeliner! It is absolutely my favorite. It's the only liquid eyeliner that works for me. It doesnt smudge, long lasting & drys instantly! I've tried so many other products like sephora, Mac, Tarte cosmetics & all of them smudge away & don't last. It sucks that they're not going to sell these anymore! :(

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This was my first time using liquid eyeliner, and can I just say this has to be the worst eyeliner, since I won't believe that all liquid eyeliners are this horrible! The first week I had it, it was okay, but soon it started to dry out, clump, and was virtually impossible to apply! It crumbles off during the day, especially on the sides of my eyes where the flair is. I can never get enough on the brush, and then I have too much on the brush. It smears easily. If any tiny bit of moisture or water touches it, it's gone, just goes right off. This is just a horrible product, and is expensive, I guess since it's Mary Kay. I honestly think all their products are crap that hide behind the Mary Kay name so people will buy them. Their foundation is equally as horrible. Don't buy this, find another cheaper brand that actually works so you don't spend so much on crap.

on 12/13/2012 8:57:00 PM

Impossible to apply. Like what the others said, the applicator is utterly useless. The line has gaps once I'm finished, not enough product gets on the applicator in order to fully complete one upper eyelid. Would never buy again, threw it out almost immediately.

The only good thing I have to say abut this product is the packaging looks sleek and professional but that has very little importance if the product won't apply in the slightest. Would have given it zero stars if I could have.

on 6/9/2012 8:17:00 PM

I like this eyeliner however I am more of a cream/gel eyeliner person, so I will only be using this until it runs out. It goes on very black and makes nice smooth lines. However, if too much is applied it tugs my eyelids and almost looks wrinkled, but I have experienced this with other liquid eyeliners as well. Also I usually like my eyeliner very thick so if you like a thinner line than this is probably not for you.

on 3/11/2012 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great. It's truly black...no shimmer or glitter, very rich pigment. Tear resistant, no flaking or smudging! I slept in it (i know, so bad!) and woke up to 99% perfect liner...my eyes are super sticky/weepy in the mornings so that's the only reason they weren't as perfect as when i passed out.
This dries in the perfect amount of time...enough time to use a qtip and clean up lines if needed, quick enough not to smudge. It can cake/crack a little as most liquid eyeliners do if you apply too much, but even then I added more into the tiny crack I saw and suffered no flaking.
This product really amazed me, b/c I used no primer and it still really performed. My eyelids are oily and slightly double lidded (mixed asian), so I always struggle with transfer and smudging sometimes even with primer...but not with this stuff. I've had it in my bag for ages...only used it a couple of times before...it's now my HG liner. Wish it came in brown and other colors, too.
Love love love. I'd give it a 5, but I could really FEEL it...super heavy feeling, but I did line all the way around my eyes, which I never do. (Only reinforces the fact that it's staying power is awesome, b/c my lower lid is naturally "puffy" which equals instant smudges, sliding, and transfer...hence never lining the lower) Maybe I'll up this to 5 if it doesn't feel as bad when only on the top lid.
*be careful not to get this on your lashes or u will get flakes off of those. otherwwise still perfect, and doesn't feel heavy on only the top lid!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i get this for free from my grandmother, who sells mary kay, and i LOVE it.
it's the only liquid eyeliner that i'll use.
sure, it flakes off, but only when it's been on for a long time.
the applicator can do broad lines, or you can use the tip for a thin line. i've been using this eyeliner for 3-4 years, and i've never had any complaints.

on 3/16/2011 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Mary Kay used to have a great light brown liquid eye liner, and matching mascara. It was easy to apply, stayed on and was a nice light brown that I could never find before or since. I wish they would bring it back.

on 1/19/2011 10:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had this product when I was at hightschool and loved it. Buyed recently and hated...maybe because I got used to different applicator... I also noticed it doesn't last as expected, it falls off in pieces!!!!!

on 12/9/2010 3:42:00 PM

How disapointing. A liquid eyeliner that stays put but is almost impossible to put in place. The applicator is pointless. If they sold this in a bottle, I could jsut use a brush to apply. Really, I find the price a little outrageous considering the application is so tedious...and I'm great at lining my eyes... It's just too broad.. all the product lies at the top of the applicator and nothing on the tip. You have to dip 10 times to get your upper lid done!
Pathetic. Will not buy again.

on 11/30/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was my first experience with liquid eyeliner, and I thought the stuff just wasn't for me. I was particularly not impressed with the applicator, which in my opinion makes it nearly impossible to get good control.

Top Rated Mary Kay Products