April 17, 2014 | 1924 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Talika - Heated Eyelash Curler

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by shirininx

Truth be told, this little thing does curl my lashes very well and stay curled all day long). But so does my other un-electrical curlers after 2-3 seconds under a lighter.

The packaging is so clumsy and cheap much like the product itself.

I will most definitely not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by pink_rosies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This worked really well for me. Always curled my lashes and I never burnt myself with it. It was pretty expensive though. I think it was about $30 when I bought it a few years ago? Well anyway it lasted me a while but it broke this year and I didn't want to pay the price again so I went to Ulta and they have one just like it exactly, but it's got pink inplace of the blue of the Talika one. This was only $10 - heats up way faster than the other one. (one minute compaired to 3-4) and doesn't eat up the battery power like the talika one (I'd have to change the batteries every couple weeks). I like this one from Ulta much better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

just a waste of money to me. not worth the high price. doesn't do anything a regular unheated curler can't do

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2007 6:42:00 AM More reviews by porchswing

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works well for my Asian, stick and stubborn lashes. I am suprised. Heats up in about 20 seconds. I "crimp" for about 10 seconds on each side, depending on how much curl I want, and then am finished for the day. 4 out of 5 stars because, though it delivers, it's too expensive for the cheapy plastic that it's made from. I have "gently" dropped this at least 2x and both times the battery cover popped off. I will use this until it falls apart, but I won't be purchasing a replacement.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2007 2:33:00 PM More reviews by xt73

Waste of money. Thought it would take out the extra step to heat my lash curler, but it takes a really long time for the thing to heat up and it doesn't work no matter how much I squelched my lashes.
Save your cash and just heat your metal eyelash curler-- no batteries to replace and so much easier.
See my Shu Uemura curler review for tips.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by 24beauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had such a hard time using this product. My lashes just did not curl with this. It also seemed really cheap with the way it was made. The one I have tried that I find works the best is the heated eyelash curler by Hotlashes. It uses a eyelashcurler like the Shu one and it is heated on a small heater base. I liked it and had curly eyelashes that actually lasted. It is not cheap, but definelty worth the investment. I saw InStyle magazine actually recommended it in their last issue. They also say mild heat is actually good for eyelashes.
I also love makeupalley..I get lots of great advice on this site.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ack, this did so little it wasn't even funny. I was desperately trying to replace manually heating up my eyelash curler with my hair dryer but this product truly was a sad replacement. It must be the curler itself- they should invest in making a better mechanism. It couldn't curl properly at all next to the superior Kevyn Aucoin curler, which sadly will remain being heated by the hair dryer from now on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 5:40:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this $30 heated eyelash curler. It looks like it is made of chrome in the package, but it really is plastic. I doesn't curl my lashes any better than a regular unheated one that can be bought for a few dollars. I won't buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by pinup_chick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not purchase this product, but a very similar model to it for less than a third of the price. You can find a very similar model (it's the exact same concept and technology, but has a less upscale appearance) to this at drugstore.com for $4 so I think this is ridiculously overpriced. The one I did purchase works very well to curl eyelashes, but again, it was very inexpensive when compared to Talika's.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2005 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Resurgam

i'm an asian with very short, very stubborn, and very straight eyelashes. it refuses to cooperate. i use the shu uemura curlers, and though i really like it, it always always always straightens right back out with one coat of mascara. waterproof, no less, to hold the curl. or at least attempt to. i've even tried to heat my curler with a blow dryer or running it under warm water. nothing. i've tried various other methods of curling my lashes, from battery-powered heated mascara wands to just plain burning off the mascara wand with a lighter and running the heated rod over my lashes. nothing.

then i keep reading about these talika curlers. so, from afar, they look pretty, i think. i sorta had my doubts, though, since i haven't had the most wildest curled lash experience in my life. and, let's face it, just looking at the curvature of the curler didn't look like it'd do much curling.

well, on a retail binging spree, i recently purchased these. and without really getting into a 300 page chick-lit on this product, i'll try to break it down as simply as possible:

1. the curvature of the top really isn't curvy at all. if anything, it's pretty straight and all the randomly smaller lashes at the outer end and inner corner of my lashes aren't properly reached. so i have to do it in three sections, which is a complete pain.

2. the position of the gripper is in a really unfortunate place. i have rather chubby cheeks and by the time my thumb gets to squeeze the slidy bit, i feel like i'm screwing up my blush or foundation. not cool.

3. the heat doesn't feel hot enough and it takes too long to curl.

4. the construction of the product is cheaper than shoes from payless. it's flimsy plastic with silver plasticy coating over it. leaves much to be desired and i have a feeling that the coating will chip off with pregressive use.

5. the cost! look, folks, just because Talika is a company in France, don't mistake where it's actually from. it's made in china. isn't chinese labor dirt cheap? what exactly is it that we're paying for??? i'm willing to bet that these people didn't spend more than $1.00 for this product, if not less. through the fabulous marketing power and middlemen, we're paying probably 300 times the cost of it's original product. though i probably won't return it, would i buy it again? never. not for $30. if it was $10, it might make better sense.

6. so, does it curl? yes. it does curl. but since i have kryptonite-busting eyelashes of doom that lives just to drive me crazy with its incredible straightening powers, i have to apply a coat of mascara IMMEDIATELY after i take it off the curler. (i use waterproof hypnoses by lancome. great hold. crap to get off. it still gives me raccoon eyes. i get no raccoon eyes from unstoppable by maybelline, except it does crappy job of holding curl. *sigh* the give and take...) so, putting the mascara on right afterwards is the only way to hold the curl. total suckage, if you ask me.

7. i feel like i have to squeeze the thumb lifty bit really hard and it gives my carpel tunneled thumbs a bit of an ache. i prefer the squeezing scissor action of the traditional curlers, since i can control the strength of my squeezing. the talika curlers doesn't seem to connect between the top and the pad enough for my liking and it takes too much strength. and i'm a pretty strong person!!!

would i recommend this product to any of my friends? no. it's completely useless. they can do better with their existing products. this product truly leaves much to be desired in more ways than one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No