Wet 'n' Wild 549A Java

Price: $

on 4/26/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I need to hoard these!! Came upon this color completely by accident at a walmart, I should have picked up every tube they had, silly me coz this lipstick is my new fave!! It is a great replacement for my beloved d/c'ed 901 Mocha Bean. I wore many a tube of Mocha Bean back in the 90s!! This is a total dupe. It's true neutral brown but not too red...not super frosty, more creamy. Still a little clueless on what lipliner goes w this, I like 666 with it. My new fave!!

on 3/18/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely an excellent purchase. A browned mauve with more brown than mauve. So gorgeous with a neutral eye. The formula is very nice with hardly any taste and the consistency is creamy.

on 12/21/2009 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

i got this on bogo at walgreens, & since i love natural makeup looks i got this cuz the colour seemed a lot like my natural lip colour. the swatch on my hand looked to be a light brownish pinky mauve, but on my lips the colour was quite darkly pigmented i was surprised and it looked really really brown but after i used a nice bronzey gloss, my lips looked yummy hehe, & it photographed beautifully btw even kinda had a peachy vibe to it actually, so im really happy with it, and if i must, at 99 cents originally, but i got it for .50 i will definitely repurchase :)

on 7/10/2005 11:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

These were on sale at Walgreens for 50 cents so I just grabbed one that looked interesting, I mean nuthin to lose huh? I put it in the car and WOW! It was my lips but a little browner. Very nice for that natural look. I am a very light olive gal with a tan most of the time, brown/blonde hair, blue eyes, and medium/dark pigmented lips. I can see this being an awsome nude on darker gals paired with a smokey eye. I will be reaching for this one alot.

on 6/23/2005 4:45:00 AM

I am always looking for the perfect nude lipstick, and at Wet'n'Wild's prices, I can afford to experiment! Well, I can stop experimenting now because I found #549. It is perfect on my South Asian skin with yellowish undertones. I scooped it out and put it in a lip compact I bought from Sephora which makes carrying it around a lot neater and convenient. I am going to buy a few other colors from W'n'W to put in my compact to create my own lip palette. I think maybe #512A, based on the reviews of other MUAers?

on 3/8/2003 12:35:00 AM

This is an interesting color for me because it looks different in every light. In the tube it looks like a shimmery medium-dark nude, with mauvish undertones--and that's how it appears on my lips 5 feet from the mirror, but up close, the color can look like a rosey tannish brown or a peachey-brown nude color with shimmer--or even something else! Hard to tell! Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's the lighting, but at a buck a pop, try it out for yourself! I guess it doesn't really matter what color it is, because it looks good for office or evening out, and the formulation is quite smooth and light! At these prices, I just don't know why I bother with Mac or other more expensive lipsticks.

Popular Lipsticks