Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion with Cooling Menthol

4.2

on 8/11/2014 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This a great moisturizer - I even use it on my face. Great multipurpose/minimalist product.
I have combi skin and ony use it on my cheeks and forehead. This absorbs super quick and leaves no shine.
I also use it on the random dry spots on my arms and back, this usually makes the red rashes disappear. My skin feels like a baby's butt.
The menthol feel is very nice on muggy summer days.
I buy the tube version for better portability.

on 1/4/2014 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

It's a shame I don't like this lotion because I generally like Aveeno products as a whole!

For some context, I am having the worst eczema outbreak I've had in a while (I always have eczema, but flare ups do not usually last this long or are this bad. I literally cannot sleep, I am that itchy!). The eczema is covering 80% of my body in red, scaly and itchy dry skin and I can't find anything to help it (I refuse to resort to topical steroid cream because it really thins out the skin).

This lotion just doesn't cut it. The cooling menthol sensation is very fleeting, the moisterisation is too light, and I have to re-apply every 1-2 hours so that I am not literally flaking. It also doesn't help the itch either :(

However, for people with more light to mild eczema/psoriasis/dry skin, this could work for you. It does absorb easily and should be sufficient for the day to day needs of most people. But for me, unfortunately I won't be repurchasing.

on 9/12/2012 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

My sister and I have been using this lotion for more than 10 years now. This is the best moisturizing and anti itchy lotion on the the market. My sis even gave a bottle to her friend who has eczema and skin allergy who usually break out with other lotion,s but this one never caused any skin problem for her friend who got hook on it now.

Unfortunately, Johnson and Johnson discontinued the bottle version. The tube is still avaialble under the new name of "SKIN RELIEF CLAMING LOCATION" now. Please bring back the bottle for us. We go through tube too quick.

on 4/12/2012 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Amazing. I used this product on my face and neck and I saw some smoothing. Very even, and not dry after 2 hours like some other moisturisers. The only unfortunate part is that the film left renders a terrible base for foundations. It doesn't always give a 'glow' that I've found some other moisturisers give. It delivers what it says and nothing more.

on 4/8/2012 3:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this product . I used this cream when a had my penicillin allergy ( all my skin was red and itchy ) And it really helps i used this one on my legs and the cooling effect its so cool and realxing i think . I recomend this product and i will buy again . !

on 4/6/2012 7:15:00 AM

I have only used this product for 2 nights so far, so I will do an updated review when i have used this longer, but I must say it really does stop the itching. My skin has been terrible for months now, loads of breakouts and itchy dermitis/eczema on my jaw line. My derm gave me a steroid cream for 5 days which really helped and stopped the itching but when I stopped using it, it started itching again but not as bad as it was. So after reading the reviews on here, I thought I would give this lotion a go and it really does stop the itching. It soaks into the skin really well and the next day my skin felt really moisterised and softer. I'll have to use it longer and make sure it is not causing me to break out but so far so good.

I also used it on my legs after shaving and they were feeling a bit itchy so I put this on and stopped the itching too. So overall a good all round product

on 4/6/2012 1:14:00 AM

This lotion is very soothing on dry itchy skin. The menthol added really adds to the soothing qualities. I'm definitely a fan.

on 8/27/2011 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

amazing. love this stuff! i use it on my face and body every day, its so easily absorbed and the menthol makes it feel refreshing! i have mild eczema on my face, and pretty dry skin on my body/legs but this product doesn't break me out at all, and has really improved the dryness. its my HG facial moisturiser even if its not specifically made for the face :)

on 4/15/2011 5:51:00 PM

I really don;t have much to say about the product other than that it's great! It gets rid of itchy skin nearly immediately while it doesn't leave a sticky residue! The menthol feels amazing on your skin and you are tempted to apply more even if you don't need it! haha! Really works!

on 3/30/2011 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Excellent lotion. The menthol is cooling and helps with any itchiness you may have from any type of skin irritation or just dry skin. Absorbs quickly, non greasy and lasts all day. The smell is nothing to write home about, but that's not the type of lotion this is. The only negative I can note is that the pump does not go all the way to the bottom of the bottle so there is always a lot of product left when the pump action fizzles out at the end.

Popular Lotions / Creams