December 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Moisturizers - L'Occitane - Immortelle Precious Crème

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample pot of this in one of the kits (I love the L'Occitane sampler kits) and it was disastrous on my skin. Smells fabulous, but within ten minutes my face was bright red, hot and itchy. Had to wash it off. Sample first, or avoid, if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Aase1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my second container of this creme in the last 2 years. I do love products, and I am constantly switching products. But this I did rebuy, and probably will again, although I will try some other cremes after I finish this batch.

This time around I also used the serum with the creme. I have to say, they are both incredibly long lasting. It is pretty cold in the wintertime, and my skin can get really dry with all that indoor heating + cold outside air. But while using this, my skin has been soft and supple! No breakouts due to this creme (although the occasional breakout due to other causes), and I do feel that my skin texture and look has overall improved.

I do not think it is a good creme for the summertime, as it may be too heavy if your skin is normal-oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a sample in a beauty boxe. I really liked this cream, it's a really good product. The smell is really great but really really powerfull so if you are sensitive to fragrance you might need to avoid this one. My skin felt really full and plumped after I used this. It's slightly greasy and I really had to wash my face in the morning, but it's a good cream! I will not purchase because it's too expensive for my liking but I enjoyed using it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I had high hopes for this cream as I totally adore the "Precious Fluid" and "Divine Cream". This one on the contrary was horrid. It REALLY dried out my skin and made it so scratchy and itchy. I used it for a week and still didn't get any better instead it was getting worse. Back to "Divine Cream" I went asap and my skin returned to normal. Thank goodness! No repurchase for sure!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I received a deluxe sample of this in my monthly beautybar.com sample box.Reading the ingredients list this lil sample will be used as a handcream as it contains phenoxyethanol which is a highly irritating preservative (and that makes my skin very angry) and C13-14 which is the scientific term for glorified mineral oil. In a cream that is expensive for full size mineral oil should NOT be included. And both ingredients happen to sit pretty high up on the list in this formula. Such a shame. I'll be sticking to my ReVive and Renee Rouleau skincare lines.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used a sample mini-jar of this given to me by the L'Occitane lady when I browsed in my local store. While I like this cream (and love, in theory, the use of helichrysum essential oil in products) it is too expensive and seemed like "just another" moisturizer to me.

OK - but no way I'll buy a full jar. I love my trusty BeautiControl and SkinCeuticals.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Lenulka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a good moisturiser and finally found it! I love this cream! been using it now for 3 months and my skin is soft, even toned, pores are smaller and no break outs. I'm in my mid 30's but constantly being guessed as 24 :-) that's nice result! i combine this cream with the Immortelle Precious Serum and get better result on fine lines, they have disappeared and my skin feels plumped and fresh... The cream jar is still more then half full, as the cream is quite rich and little amount is enough, same for the serum, 2 drops are for the whole face... Will definitelly purchase again, worth the money plus I always get lots of samples which are great for travels....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by vatel7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used it for a while, but didn't help me much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by desertraisin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my regular stand-by night cream. It doesn't irritate or worsen my acne and manages to keep my face very moisturized. Currently I'm trying the almond line which I like as well but I've used this for several years and I felt it definitely improved by skin's health. I'm not yet into eliminating lines but at my age, I want to maintain the moisture and keep lines away. It also doesn't smell bad, a nice mild pleasant scent.
It is rather on the pricey end although since I use it only for night time and sometimes during the day if it was windy or especially dry, one jar can go a long way. Sometimes I get fed up getting disappointed with trying different moisturizers trying to see whether anything is better. Then I end up coming back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by weirdpoh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A quality product. I'm in my mid 20s and my skin is severely dehydrated but most of the time when I use anything heavy duty, it'll just leave my skin oily and congested.

The cream feels like it's been whipped up. It's a whipped cream consistency and does feel quite luxurious. It sinks in well and no shiny t zones anymore. What I like about it is that it's supposed to be a heavy cream yet it manages to stay matte as well.

If there's a downside I'd say it's the scent. I'm not a fan. Reminds me of fermented flowers but for something that my skin likes, I can deal with it.

I've already gone through 2 tubs of this and would recommend anyone to try it.