July 24, 2014 | 1040 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is ok...it lengthens & adds volume, but smudges really easily and gets clumpy if I apply more than one coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by gypsyqueen1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been buying this product off and on for the last 6 years and I always end up coming back! Incredible volume & length. Separates my lashes perfectly :).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

This is one of my favorite Maybelline mascaras! It does not clump, formula is not too thick & just adds great volume & length. It doesn't flake either. Love love love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG!! best mascara ever. I've been using it for 10 years and no mascara can compare to it. I always keep a back up just in case and buy 2-3 at a time.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by theredsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I used to wear this mascara years ago. Bought it again recently, and was disappointed to find that it kept leaving big smudges under my eyes. Perhaps they changed the formula? I only wear one thin coat, so it's not like I was loading it on.

I've given it two stars as it did add a fair bit of volume, but because of the smudging issue, I threw it away and won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by LisTan

I have been using this product for years and I do think it deserves more credit than the reviews gave! I use it after i put on my lash builder by Shu Uemera. I use the lash builder more like a protector for my eyelashes as I find that they tend to drop out if I dont take this precautionary step.

This mascara is very easy to use, definitely opens up my eyes and both thickens and lengthens my eyelashes. Very easy to build upon for dramatic effects.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by siruhi

The Volum' Express deserves more than 3 and a half stars! I have now used it 15 years and still no other mascara haven't left it behind.They also sell all kinds of volum express mascaras,different types of it for example volum'express the colossal or the rocket as the newest one.The original VE does everything what we want a mascara to do.It is a perfect creation,a perfect piece of makeup art.It never lets you down,I say.Other mascaras do that often,but not the original volum express.Why? It makes lashes look fabulous.It has that perfect brush,bristles are thick and strong enough to comb lashes and shape them like nothing else.Lashes look stylish and beautiful a use after another. Mascaras come and mascaras go but Volum Express has been and will be.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Firslty this smelt gross I work at a drug store and alot of people have mentioned the same thing. Feels like black tar when applied and makes my lashes stick together did not like this at all, my lashes started falling out more from this mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the original Volum Express mascara that started my love affair with all the new mascaras in that line. I used this product years ago as my go to mascara when I wanted lots of volume. Great staple DS mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by amwatson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I occasionally buy this macara when I am tried of trying new ones and being disappointed. Lately I have been applying maybelline classic volum' express for thickening and then maybelline illegal length for length. The second product works okay but not well enough to stop trying new options.