Maybelline Volum Express Mascara

3.6

on 6/19/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My go to for about 11 years! Tried more expensive brands and I always go back to this. I love doing 2 coats of this and then recently have done a coat of a NYX mascara. I get asked a lot if I have fake lashes or extensions in!

on 3/28/2015 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this mascara after being unable to buy my previous favourite when it was discontinued. This is such a good product that I wouldn't now go back even if the other one miraculously reappeared. One minus point for people like me who can be clumsy: it has quite a chunky brush which can touch the eyelid easily if you're in a hurry - cotton bud to the rescue! However, the brush is the best I have ever used at separating and coating the lashes with just the right amount of mascara. I don't like a heavy, spiky look, but prefer more soft and natural lashes. Mine are fairly long and not too sparse. They are brown but the tips have no colour! I use a lash curler first as they are quite straight. This mascara then holds the curl amazingly, all day and evening with no loss of colour, curl or general effect.The price is very modest too: I paid just over 5.00 for it online. I have bought a few more against the day when this one too is discontinued!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My favourite mascara. I tried so many in my life and not one compares to this. Gives me long, full looking lashes and looks great all day.

on 7/22/2014 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara is ok...it lengthens & adds volume, but smudges really easily and gets clumpy if I apply more than one coat.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have been buying this product off and on for the last 6 years and I always end up coming back! Incredible volume & length. Separates my lashes perfectly :).

This is one of my favorite Maybelline mascaras! It does not clump, formula is not too thick & just adds great volume & length. It doesn't flake either. Love love love this!

on 10/5/2013 10:47:00 AM

HG!! best mascara ever. I've been using it for 10 years and no mascara can compare to it. I always keep a back up just in case and buy 2-3 at a time.

on 9/9/2013 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I used to wear this mascara years ago. Bought it again recently, and was disappointed to find that it kept leaving big smudges under my eyes. Perhaps they changed the formula? I only wear one thin coat, so it's not like I was loading it on.

I've given it two stars as it did add a fair bit of volume, but because of the smudging issue, I threw it away and won't be repurchasing.

on 7/16/2013 2:53:00 AM

I have been using this product for years and I do think it deserves more credit than the reviews gave! I use it after i put on my lash builder by Shu Uemera. I use the lash builder more like a protector for my eyelashes as I find that they tend to drop out if I dont take this precautionary step.

This mascara is very easy to use, definitely opens up my eyes and both thickens and lengthens my eyelashes. Very easy to build upon for dramatic effects.

on 6/19/2013 7:56:00 PM

The Volum' Express deserves more than 3 and a half stars! I have now used it 15 years and still no other mascara haven't left it behind.They also sell all kinds of volum express mascaras,different types of it for example volum'express the colossal or the rocket as the newest one.The original VE does everything what we want a mascara to do.It is a perfect creation,a perfect piece of makeup art.It never lets you down,I say.Other mascaras do that often,but not the original volum express.Why? It makes lashes look fabulous.It has that perfect brush,bristles are thick and strong enough to comb lashes and shape them like nothing else.Lashes look stylish and beautiful a use after another. Mascaras come and mascaras go but Volum Express has been and will be.