October 2, 2014 | 1457 users online

Skincare - Body - Trader Joe's - Body Scrub

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by sara942

The flip cap is convenient because I have a small shower and don't have to worry about where to put a twist-off cap. It's also an AWESOME deal at $6 for 20 oz. Ingredients are entirely natural and it smells strongly of lavender--slightly on the medicinal/herbal side, but still enjoyable. Highly recommend this on winter nights -- the oils sink into my super-dry skin while I sleep, and my skin is silky soft the next day. I also love using it after I shave for ridiculously soft legs with a healthy glow, even if the salt stings a little when I use it that way. To my pleasant surprise, I also found that once I mix the entire jar up, the oil doesn't settle back on top for more than a week, and the oil:salt ratio is just right! I was worried about that when I first bought it. Compare the price and quality to many other natural brands like Korres and 100% Pure, and it's unbeatable. Quickly becoming a winter staple in my shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by caroline7502

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for the Lavender Sea Salt Scrub. I like this scrub. I use it *before* shaving my legs and afterwards my skin is so soft and silky smooth. The texture is nice, the salt is not too abrasive (the grains are teeny tiny). It is a bit greasy...careful applying it in the shower...it's hazardous on the floor of your tub x_x

It smells awesome, but I love pretty much all things lavender scented hehe. After I had gotten about 3/4 of the way through the jar, it had gotten hard and very hard to get out. But still love it nonetheless. I like the flip top jar, too. It's very handy in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Jillsmith

The TJ tangerine sugar scrub is terrific! It smells great and leaves skin soft for hours. It is also a very good value for the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by taffygirl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells SO heavenly and is great for dry winter skin. The only problem is that it's very oily, so if you don't like the oily feeling on your skin, it's not for you. Also, it leaves the shower floor slippery. I wish they didn't use soybean oil, but that's just a personal preference. Overall, a wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by jomia23

I love this scrub. Feels like a quick spa treatment in your shower, smells wonderful ( I have grapefrui), and it leaves my skin so soft afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the lavendar scrub and I really like it! I thought it would be a bit too oily for me, but the weather has left my skin dry and itchy and this seems to have fixed that problem.
I even used it on my face, again worried about the oils but instead of greasy, it left my skin soft and smooth. Amazing!
My only gripe is that the lid is hard to take off, so instead I just sliced through the foil, making more of a mess. And it leaves the shower kind of slick, but they warn you about it on the package.
All-in-all, a good purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

I purchased the Purity Grapefruit Chamomile Shower Gel Scrub to save money on my HG, Ren body scrub. I am pleasantly surprised. The granules are soft and the grapefruit scent is wonderful. There are brown floating (grapefruit?) with the salt. This is a good alternative if you'd like to save money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2006 7:16:00 PM More reviews by sriddle78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the Trader Joe's Rosemary Mint Purify Salt Body Scrub. WOW!! I LOVE IT! I had been using a BBW Eucalyptus Spearmint sugar scrub and didn't like how oily it left me. Come to find out, they use mineral oil! YUCK! No wonder it left my skin slimy. Plus the BBW scrub retails for $20 for a 16 oz. jar and this TJ's scrub is only $6.99 for a 22 oz. jar! And it's all natural, including essential oils and natural base oils like almond oil. My skin is nice and soft afterward, without the icky oil slick. And the fragrance isn't overpowering. It is nice and subtle. And I almost get a cooling feeling from the mint oil in the product. I am so happy I saw this the other day at TJ's! :) Great find!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2006 5:52:00 PM More reviews by clevereuphemism

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the Purity Grapefruit Chamomile Shower Gel Scrub. I love body scrubs but hate the oil-soaked kind that come in a tub that you have to unscrew in the shower (that always fill up with water...) This one is packaged with a squeeze-top and looks like apricot scrub that you might use on your face. It smells great, exfoliates well, lathers up a bit, and doesn't dry my skin out. Plus I think it's about $4.99. After using lots of DS brands, then splurging on Bliss, I've finally found an HG. I just hope they keep carrying it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2004 7:41:00 PM More reviews by missytoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the grapefruit scent which I love. My only gripe is that the oil (smells like olive or canola oil) is very strong smelling to where I feel like I am greased up to fry in a pan for hours after. I don't mind oily scrubs but the oil scent lingers too much for me. It's not rancid, just, well, cooking oil smelling. :(