July 28, 2014 | 2225 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup Oil Control

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my usual foundation. I own it in the lightest colour but it's still a tad too dark for me. I just have to make sure I blend it into my neck well so that it isn't obvious. Coverage is good but I always end up needing concealer unless my skin is clear. I find it doesn't do much for oil control. I have moderate oily skin and I still end up looking dewy at the end of the day. The only problem I have with the packaging is that it's hard to get product out sometimes, especially when it's running low...
But overall, I still end up coming back because decent coverage and it doesn't break me out of worsen my existing acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Otterchilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been searching for the perfect foundation for some time now, this is just another frog. The item does nothing for oil control, if anything, it's a little oily. It does not promote pimple growth or make me break out, so that's good news. It's a foundation, it does the job, but it's not awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Basic but good product at a price that everyone can afford. I love this one as well as the regular and sensitive skin. Have used the oily one for work and it's not bad-it kept well till lunch hour in an air conditioned office.
No pump. But it's ok, I pour a bit on back of hand and apply with fingers, sponge or brush. Never have smelled like it was contaminated. If it got a little wet around the neck, I use alcohol to wipe and move on. A lot of shades and I like that they have added darker tones under the Queen line. Lots and lots of color I have mixed shades to adapt to color of my skin during the change of seasons.
And I just love that CG smell- it's like been in my use since way back in 8th grade. Bottle has never been broken when dropped and one of the few that I can honestly tell that have used to end. No complaints
I would rate all the these basic foundations A+

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by hnc97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mother has used this foundation for years and years. So when I ran out of a more expensive foundation that I had, I used this to save some money. Now I am 17, and I have pretty good skin, despite it being fairly sensitive. I'm not normally prone to acne at all aside from the occasional small blemish. I decided to try this since it worked for my mom. I used it for a few weeks, and was disappointed when I started gradually getting more and more acne like I was in puberty all over again. I continued to use this (I didn't realize this was what was giving me acne). I was getting cystic acne on my cheeks, big painful blemishes that left red acne marks on my face for months until they faded. Once I realized this was what was giving me the acne, I went out and bought my normal Clinique Stay Matte foundation. At almost $30, it's not cheap. But my face returned to normal and I no longer get any acne. And the oil absorbing power is better than the Cover Girl. The Cover Girl also oxidizes pretty bad and dries darker than it goes on.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sarahb5191

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my usual foundation, it matches my skin tone very well (I bought the buff biege) and it has a nice matte look with just enough coverage to cover up my acne and light scarring but still feel light. My skin does end up oily again after a few hours though. A lot of foundations make me break out but this one does not. The texture is nice, not too runny, not too thick. I use the Clean Oil Control powder on top and my skin feels soft and has a nice matte finish. If I start sweating a lot it's basically over. The cheap price makes it continue to be my regular everyday choice. I'd like it more if it had perhaps a little more coverage and lasted longer.

Also I hate the bottle it comes in. It's so hard to get it out, even with a brand new full bottle. You have to shake it like crazy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by rimalk

The first time i used this foundation was in the shade warm beige, and as summer came around i got a tan and switched to soft honey. And as everyone else here complained, their darker shades give of a pinkish tint when applied.
I think this product is good for users with lighter skin tones, but definitely not for ones with tan or medium brown skin tone - looks very pink.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkbby27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked up shade 535 medium light. I have yellow undertone and it looked just a tiny bit pink on me. It did help with my oiliness. Didn't love the coverage. If I tried to cover my red acne marks it would cake easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by perchta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is foundation that I always go back after I try & fail with something else, lol. I've noticed a lot of complaints about getting the product out of the bottle - I use a cue-tip (the other end having already been used to blend concealer) to dab on the foundation & then spread it with a make-up brush (using small motions). I'd give it one less lippie if I had to use a sponge!

The coverage is light, which I like - if I want fuller coverage, I add a powder. It does tend to get shiny after about 5 hours, but it doesn't move, and almost every other foundation I've tried ended up shiny an hour after I put it on. It has very little smell and it disappears quickly.

Biggest peeve - the colours are hard to match properly - when you do a colour test, wait at least an hour. Back when I first did a skin test, the shades I thought were a match darkened too much!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by coopland7

My skin is quite oily so I thought this foundation might save me from my misery but it made it worse. After a few hours of apply this, my face felt somewhat itchy and was defiantly reflecting oils. Especially on my forehead. Then to make it worse it started blotching up, making it look terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Bunnieskat

Seriously cover girl not everybody looks like a burnt lobster underneath !! They need to make foundations with YELLOW undertones!!!!! This would be amazing if it had a yellow undertone to it. Smh !!! MAKE FOUNDATION LOOK RELAISTIC!!!!!! ADD YELLOW TONES!!!!!!!