December 20, 2014 | 1723 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Daficaricuchi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Promises:
- Wisk away shine, it is designed for oily complexions
- Unscented, hypoallergenic, oil free and suitable for sensitive skin
- Matte and clean finish

The foundation comes in a glass bottle with 30 mL, with no pump which is quite sad, because the packaging SUCKS. I don't want to be rude, but it actually sucks. The consistency of the foundation is super thick, which doesn't mean it doesn't blend out nicely, yet it is hard to get out of the bottle. After a few days I decided to start using the back of my eyeliner brush to get the product out, which it's working so far, but you have to be realy careful when finding an alternative to get the product out, keeping your tool clean and stuff to avoid contaminating the foundation. Once the product is out of the bottle it is very easy to work with, it blends out nicely, I have tried it with a Beauty Blender and my Real Tecniques Stippling brush, and both of them work quite well. The smell is no diferent from the Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation, so it smells a bit like paint, yet I like it, it isn't awful.
The coverage is medium but it is pretty buildable, it has never looked cakey and I have built it to full coverage. It has a matte and really natural finish, it truly makes your skin look very clean and radiant, I LOVE THE FINISH. I set it with powder always, for Covergirl recomends so, and after all it is an oily skin foundation and if your skin is oily, you certainly want to seal it with powder. I'm sure it Works even better with a primer, I haven't tried it so far.
The color range is good, yet (once again) not every shade is available here in Mexico, which is awful. The darkest shade they bring here is Soft Honey 555, which is one shade lighter than my Covergirl shade, yet, it worked. If you have trouble finding your shade you can use this amazing website I found recently: http://findation.com/ it's really helpfull for finding your foundation shade on so many trademarks.
The staying power of this foundation is not awesome, not as good as I expected when I bought it, it is supposed to control oily skin and so it does, but it isn't as efficent as I thought I'd be. It can't control my oily nose (my skin isn't too oily), yet it worked out with the rest of my face. I don't think it is really an alternative for girls who are seeking for a foundation to control their oily skin, perhaps if you carry rice paper or your pressed powder to help you out.
About the unscented, oil free and hypoallergenic things, I believe they're all true (except the scent, but I wrote about that before). I bought this foundation for this last couple of months I have been having acné, which is totally weird because I have never had that sort of problem. So I started searching for a drugstore foundation that could help me out with the acné, suitable for sensitive skin and I bought this after watching a video on YouTube and my skin problems are going away.
I will definitely buy again, the finish has become my favourite by far and the staying power is very good, it controls oil (but it isn't a miracle product) and it is very cheap. I like the smell too. The only con is that the packaging really sucks :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my usual foundation. I own it in the lightest colour but it's still a tad too dark for me. I just have to make sure I blend it into my neck well so that it isn't obvious. Coverage is good but I always end up needing concealer unless my skin is clear. I find it doesn't do much for oil control. I have moderate oily skin and I still end up looking dewy at the end of the day. The only problem I have with the packaging is that it's hard to get product out sometimes, especially when it's running low...
But overall, I still end up coming back because decent coverage and it doesn't break me out of worsen my existing acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Otterchilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been searching for the perfect foundation for some time now, this is just another frog. The item does nothing for oil control, if anything, it's a little oily. It does not promote pimple growth or make me break out, so that's good news. It's a foundation, it does the job, but it's not awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Basic but good product at a price that everyone can afford. I love this one as well as the regular and sensitive skin. Have used the oily one for work and it's not bad-it kept well till lunch hour in an air conditioned office.
No pump. But it's ok, I pour a bit on back of hand and apply with fingers, sponge or brush. Never have smelled like it was contaminated. If it got a little wet around the neck, I use alcohol to wipe and move on. A lot of shades and I like that they have added darker tones under the Queen line. Lots and lots of color I have mixed shades to adapt to color of my skin during the change of seasons.
And I just love that CG smell- it's like been in my use since way back in 8th grade. Bottle has never been broken when dropped and one of the few that I can honestly tell that have used to end. No complaints
I would rate all the these basic foundations A+

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by hnc97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mother has used this foundation for years and years. So when I ran out of a more expensive foundation that I had, I used this to save some money. Now I am 17, and I have pretty good skin, despite it being fairly sensitive. I'm not normally prone to acne at all aside from the occasional small blemish. I decided to try this since it worked for my mom. I used it for a few weeks, and was disappointed when I started gradually getting more and more acne like I was in puberty all over again. I continued to use this (I didn't realize this was what was giving me acne). I was getting cystic acne on my cheeks, big painful blemishes that left red acne marks on my face for months until they faded. Once I realized this was what was giving me the acne, I went out and bought my normal Clinique Stay Matte foundation. At almost $30, it's not cheap. But my face returned to normal and I no longer get any acne. And the oil absorbing power is better than the Cover Girl. The Cover Girl also oxidizes pretty bad and dries darker than it goes on.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sarahb5191

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my usual foundation, it matches my skin tone very well (I bought the buff biege) and it has a nice matte look with just enough coverage to cover up my acne and light scarring but still feel light. My skin does end up oily again after a few hours though. A lot of foundations make me break out but this one does not. The texture is nice, not too runny, not too thick. I use the Clean Oil Control powder on top and my skin feels soft and has a nice matte finish. If I start sweating a lot it's basically over. The cheap price makes it continue to be my regular everyday choice. I'd like it more if it had perhaps a little more coverage and lasted longer.

Also I hate the bottle it comes in. It's so hard to get it out, even with a brand new full bottle. You have to shake it like crazy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by rimalk

The first time i used this foundation was in the shade warm beige, and as summer came around i got a tan and switched to soft honey. And as everyone else here complained, their darker shades give of a pinkish tint when applied.
I think this product is good for users with lighter skin tones, but definitely not for ones with tan or medium brown skin tone - looks very pink.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkbby27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked up shade 535 medium light. I have yellow undertone and it looked just a tiny bit pink on me. It did help with my oiliness. Didn't love the coverage. If I tried to cover my red acne marks it would cake easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by perchta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is foundation that I always go back after I try & fail with something else, lol. I've noticed a lot of complaints about getting the product out of the bottle - I use a cue-tip (the other end having already been used to blend concealer) to dab on the foundation & then spread it with a make-up brush (using small motions). I'd give it one less lippie if I had to use a sponge!

The coverage is light, which I like - if I want fuller coverage, I add a powder. It does tend to get shiny after about 5 hours, but it doesn't move, and almost every other foundation I've tried ended up shiny an hour after I put it on. It has very little smell and it disappears quickly.

Biggest peeve - the colours are hard to match properly - when you do a colour test, wait at least an hour. Back when I first did a skin test, the shades I thought were a match darkened too much!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by coopland7

My skin is quite oily so I thought this foundation might save me from my misery but it made it worse. After a few hours of apply this, my face felt somewhat itchy and was defiantly reflecting oils. Especially on my forehead. Then to make it worse it started blotching up, making it look terrible.