Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this foundation served me well during year 7- back in the days when i had nothing to bloody cover.
good color choices, especially if you are fair skinned.
price is a bit iffy in Australia... you could get more for your money.
never gave me a single breakout but the smell is putrid... talk about 1970's perfume.
overall its good apart from the shit ass coverage!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you’re thinking about buying this foundation, just don’t.

I bought Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control in the shade porcelain ivory. I bought it because it was for oily and sensitive skin so thought it was the best of both worlds.

First of all, the packaging. It took me close to twenty minutes to get a usable amount of foundation out. The makeup its self is much too thick to be in a bottle without a pump.
I usually like to apply my foundation with a disposable sponge, after I have moisturized. I began to apply it an I began to notice how white it looked. I am quite pale and the color it displayed in the bottle matched but not when it applied on my skin. It looked horrible! On top of that it was so streaky. I just dabbed with the sponge and it was so streaky. I was expecting a medium coverage, and I did not get that. It put on super thin and had to be built up. I also applied the coordinating pressed powder on my t-zone to help with my problem area.

The makeup did not last a full 4 hours. The makeup had practically slide off my face. I was shinny and not only that, the foundation had oxidized and I looked orange. I blotted with toilet paper at least 4 times that day to make myself look half decent.

But I thought it was it was just a bad day and that I should at least try it for a couple of weeks before I gave up completely.

After my first full week in, I began to notice my face was itchy and flaking, but I just contributed that to the changing weather. By my second week in, I could have ripped my face off because it was so itchy, flaky and red and swollen.

I had a severe allergic reaction to this makeup, I particular, the high levels of perfume found in the makeup and other harmful chemicals. Generally, makeup that is suitable for sensitive skin doesn’t have such horrible ingredients in it and such high levels of perfume. I stopped using it immediately.

My face got so bad because of this makeup, that now I have eczema on my face. I was put on medicated creams and serious allergy medications by my doctor to help with the itching, flaking and redness. That was two months ago, and I am still dealing with the repercussions of this foundation. Only now is it starting to get better, and since then, I have not been able to use any makeup.

Overall, the packaging sucks, it is NOT for sensitive or oily skin, does not have a good color to it and is extremely streaky. Please if you have sensitive skin don’t use this.

First time use and I already love it. My face is really oily in the t-zone, and this has taken away the oil, and i feel as if I won't need to blot for the rest of the day. I didn't have to use a lot to get a natural finish or to cover up my acne scars.
paired it with my Rimmel Stay matte Pressed powder
Used Classic Ivory

I've been Using this product for a while, I think it's pretty good...I get extremely oily on my t-zone! I did notice It controlled my oil a little bit, but not as much as I thought it would . I got oily like 5 hours :/ it's crazy how oily my face is ! It didn't break me out tho. I really liked the coverage it gived me :)

packaging sucks but the formula is grest, light and very natural...I've used very expensive high end brands and prefer this but that bottle though...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

UGH I had high hopes for this because the first time I used it, it looked amazing and my mom even complimented my skin which is weird because I've been having a rough time with my skin (super oily and breaking out) I wore it from about 2:45 to 9pm last night and I only blotted once. Now for some unknown reason, it looks HORRIBLE today. I put it on this morning before my 9 hour shift and after 2 hours my face needed blotting and then it just started getting oiler and oiler no matter how much I blotted. My face is so shiny and gross I just couldn't wait to take it off. I even applied the matching powder on my tzone for extra matte effect. But it was a total fail cause it made my skin even oiler. WHY :(

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My sister used this for a musical she was in and it looked really nice on her face and like she had no foundation on, so I decided to try it! I really like this foundation and I am a big fan of this! I don't usually love cover girl products but this one is amazing for me! It gives light coverage and doesn't get cakey when you apply powder on top of it! This is one of my favorite drugstore foundations!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I so wanted this to work because it actually controlled oil for me! Which is rare! I've been using the matching powder for years now and it's my favorite oil control powder by far. But I am so pale and this is too dark on me. It does oxidize, turning orange right away. It does have a weird paint smell like everyone says, I didn't mind though. And the bottle sucks, trying to get the stuff out is time consuming. But the fact it controls oil is impressive. I seriously thought about tanning a bit to make this match me, but I kind of like being pale.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation. I would say that it's a light/medium coverage foundation, it matches my skin color well, and it stays on all day.

I first bought this foundation years ago, and it remains my favorite. It has no significant smell, it blends very easily, evens out your skin tone, covers small blemishes, and gives your face a beautiful dewy look. It is not a matte foundation.

The only issue I have is the packaging. I wish it were easier to get out of the bottle.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used to LOVE the Clean line- until I tried Oil Control. I don't remember the Clean Sensitive Skin liquid formula oxidizing the way this one does on my skin. I wear Classic Ivory and it seems to look fine when I apply it but within minutes it turns more orange! I took a few photos in natural light and the difference between my face and my neck was shocking. Maybe it's just the oil-control formula?