September 2, 2014 | 1850 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Colorstay Nail color

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by kabshop

Love this. Of colors tried, Spanish Moss is my favorite. Perfect combo of green and grey. Formula is great - almost a OCW, but I do two coats. I get a decent amount of wear before cracking and tip wear. Probably about 4 days, which is great for me. Would definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this line of polishes a lot. However, it is a line and you need to use their base coat, polish and topcoat to get excellent results.

I find it applies very well, and two coats makes it very opaque. I like the brush, as it is a bit wider and flatter than most with a nice rounded shape at the bottom, all of which I find makes application easy.

It isn't a fast-dry polish, but I don't find it takes any longer than other polishes. I find it tends to last me about 10 days. It isn't quite as tough as a polish cured with a lamp, but it's also much less expensive and can be removed with regular polish remover.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by fiestygrrl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, this about wraps it up for me and 50 years of using Revlon polish. Despite base & top coats, several nails had chipped the next day. It's bad enough when this happens with an ordinary polish, but something that is supposed to last 14 days? Whatever happened to truth in advertising? Color me gone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by sjrice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read reviews and watched several you tube video reviews on color stay nail polish. i bought the base, color and top coat and put it on. I let it dry well before doing anything with my hands.4 hours later i had wear on my nail tips despite me capping my nails well. the next day, not even 24 hours later i had a chip on one nail. 2 days later almost ever nail is chipped and the nail polish is dented and looks like trash. I'm returning this polish and won't buy it again. I'll stick with my gel nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lizardfield

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really surprised by this. I bought this brand because one of my favorite YouTubers was raving about one of the colors, and because there was a half-off coupon (I got 2 bottles for $5). The shades I have are Velvet Rope, a dark red, and Indigo Night, which is a bright medium blue. The polish has a nice consistency, is really opaque, and the brush is rounded. It only took 2 coats to get my nails solid. I have yet to see how it wears, but I predict it'll stay nicely because I use a really good base and topcoat. The color selection is decent in my opinion, it's not really extensive but they have some rather unique colors, which I'm a fan of. It also dried pretty quickly so I don't know what happened to those who found it dried slowly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I love the revlon color stay polish in the Pale cashmere color. It is the perfect clean and bright light pinky nude for me (olive skin) I find it applied great after 2 coats. The first coat is streaky but once you put on the 2nd coat it evens it out perfect. I used the old revlon color stay polish before when they had two bottles and also the new one with just one bottle. I love it, and I usually use Essies polish in adore a ball. It is the same quality in my opinion and $2.00 cheaper. Love

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased two of these polishes after hearing raves about the Colorstay line from several Youtubers. I was hesitant at first because they are pricey for drug store nail polish, but I found them at Walmart for around $6 so decided to try them. I chose the colors Provence, a gorgeous pale lilac-grey, and Indigo Night, a bright, saturated medium blue. In short, Provence was a complete fail for me. It was streaky and thick to apply, slow to dry, and bubbled on nearly every nail. I tried it on two different occasions because I so loved the color and got the same result each time :( Indigo Night was better application wise - nicely opaque (almost a one coater). The only issue I had was that it dried much darker than the bottle color - it looked dustier and at least a shade darker on the nail. I like the color but it's not the same as it looks in the bottle. So, I may or may not repurchase from this line. I will definitely be staying away from the pale colors. But if I see a really unique color I may pick it up. Otherwise, I will stick with the regular Revlon line.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ejtan0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the pale cashmere color of this nail polish. I do like the color but with any light colored polish, it did go on somewhat streaky. Took 3 thin coats to make it more opaque and hide the streaks. I have had that problem with pretty much any light colored polish though, so that is not unique to Revlon for me.

I also agree with some other reviewers that said that it takes a very long time to dry. It will seem like it's dry to the touch, but then when you start doing things with your hands, or go to sleep, you get dents and sheet marks. I think I read somewhere that this colorstay system is "UV cured". I have a LED light from a DIY gel nail polish kit, so I thought I'd try that to see if it would help. I painted a thin coat of the top coat (over my smudged, sheet marked mani) and put my nails under the light for a minute. It worked! I know a lot of people may not have one of these lights laying around, and Revlon says nothing about needing anything like this, so I took off a couple of lippies for that. But for those of you that have one of these lights and like me, don't like how long it takes to remove a gel mani at home, give this a try! With this method, this nail polish did last longer on my nails than any other nail polish I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so impressed with these polishes that I purchased three colors from this line. I will likely buy more if I come across colors that catch my eye. These truly last longer than regular nail polishes I use and each coat is so pigmented.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Bountiful23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Um, I would think that colorSTAY means that the color is suppose to actually STAY on your nails. I got this nail color in Stormy Night, which is a gorgeous grey/purple fall color for me. However, this stuff was chipping the next day! I tried putting the colorstay top coat on it, but that did not help much. I'm kind of disappointed with this product. I love Revlon, but not these.