MAC Nail Polish

3.4

on 2/1/2015 11:02:00 PM

Mac stocks great colors in nail polishes however the color doesn't last even a day. I was hugely disappointed with the quality of Macs nail polish. I won't buy this product again and wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

these are good not brilliant but not bad they stay on about 3-4 days with only two coats and nothing else so quite good

MAC..... really?! I love you guys, MAC Cosmetics. But honestly? Your nail polish SUCKS.

I've tried several different colors and it was horrible every single time. Yesterday I decided to give them another chance. I needed to go back to MAC to buy a fresh, new tube of their Snob lipstick when I started chatting to one of the girls that work there about nails and she told me they had a Snob nail color too. How cute! It could match my lipstick! So, I bought it.

BIG mistake. "Tell me this is a cruel joke, MAC!" I say, frustrated and disappointed that yet another MAC nail polish had let me down. The nail color was WEAK, it was a streaky, thin formula, and to top it off, it didn't even match the lipstick of the same name! If you looked at my lips and my nails, you'd barely be able to tell that they're supposed to be a matching color combo... I had to literally cake on like 6 coats of the lacquer on my nail to have it look semi-decent... and even then, no. Just no. I have generic, no-name nail polish I purchased for $1 that are better quality than the MAC nail polish.

on 9/14/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I find that the quality is no better than OPI or Essie. Its a shame since they do come out with nice shades time to time. They also have a tendency to chip a ton. I will not repurchase.

on 7/11/2013 8:04:00 PM

These are so sheer, take forever to dry, and chip a ton. I do not recommend them.

on 6/3/2012 12:00:00 PM

I'm very impressed with this. I was looking for a bright red for summer, and almost bought Chanel's "Dragon," but stumbled across MAC's "Shirelle" and decided to give it a go. The formula is fantastic -- I only needed one coat, it dried extremely quickly and went on smoothly, with no clumps. It looks professionally done, and I have MAC to thank. Easy, beautiful, nice finish -- I couldn't have asked for more. I will definitely be purchasing more MAC nail polishes in the future!

UPDATE: After using this now several times, I'm a little disappointed. The application and color are wonderful, but it chips SUPER fast. Bummer.

on 4/4/2012 11:23:00 AM

I got this for Christmas, and it is extremely lovely! Two coats lasted me two weeks and barely chipped at all, with no topcoat. The color is gorgeous and I've gotten tons of compliments on it. I wish they made a sea foam color though, that would be even better. Will repurchase.

Editing to say that this nail polish chips VERY quickly, although is not nearly as bad as Estee Lauder's polishes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It lasts for a very long time. It also lasts on my nails for a long time. They come in many different colors, but I chose black. I have every MAC product made. MAC, clinique, and Bare Escenuals is my three favorite brands, oh yeah and the juicy tubes too fomr Lancome, but the MAc naiol polish barely chips,a nd it looks like a professional nail salon has done it. It has this shiny sheer to it.

on 12/31/2010 4:52:00 PM

I am, in general, nuts about MAC products. However, I have yet to buy one of their nail polishes and be crazy about it. My latest purchase is from the New Years' 2011 collection called "Soiree." A very shimmery reflective bronze/rose sort of color, I loved it when the SA put it on in the MAC store and then when I put it on after getting home it just left me cold. I manicure my own nails and do them about every other night. Use a variety of types of polishes, my favorite being OPI (cost & quality & colors can't be beat) and just don't feel like the MAC polishes are very good in terms of either color or consistency. They tend to either be too thick or thin and most of the ones I own don't seem to reflect the color I think they should by looking at them in the bottle. One thing good I can say - they are all eccentric and unique which I admire about all things MAC. Just have to keep hoping they get better with their colors and formulations.

on 10/17/2010 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I've splurged on a few MAC polishes (they used to be $9 but now are $13), and I've been disappointed everytime. I can't understand how they can't even get the damn brush right. But while some of the colors are downright dreamy (Peppermint Patti for example), the formula ALWAYS blows. PP was so streaky I threw it across the room. Well, the bottle didn't break, I guess that's saying something. WnW runs circles around MAC in the polish department, and they only charge 99 cents, plus their brushes aren't messed up.

Popular Polishes