Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aloe vera gel, triethanolamine, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer 940, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This stuff is my go-to aloe vera. Simple, no-frills, and it works to soothe the skin. Doesn't irritate my skin or give me acne. Not much more to say!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

- really like the healthy shine it leaves on my skin.
- stops irritation
- isn't moisturizing but stops feelings of tightness/dryness
- can pill off skin with rubbing afterwards

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because of iheartmakeup92 on YouTube; she raved about it and said it helped clear up her acne. The first night I put this on I could see why she loved it so much. I had a huge blemish on my temple and it immediately took out the redness and inflammation...it even made it shrink a little bit! I also had a cystic zit under the skin for like 5 months and nothing would make it go away...it's almost completely gone now! I'm shocked. Overall my skin looks so much nicer and less red, which is nice for my sensitive skin. My only complaint is how much my eyes burn when I apply it, maybe it's the urea in it? I'm going to do some research because that kind of worries me but I'm going to continue using it unless it gets worse. Other than that, I highly recommend this product for clearing up acne!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had a similar experience to the poster below. I have rosacea, so my skin is ridiculously sensitive. From what I read, this sounded for a great mask to soothe my skin. Not so...it got even more red and blotchy after just a few minutes.

However, after reading in a review that it can be used as light-hold hair gel, I tried that and it worked pretty nicely! Will keep around for that and for sunburns, of course, but it's staying off my face for sure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After watching so many Youtube videos on how this gel helps with acne I decided to buy it and I certainly regret it. I have mild acne and dark spots on my cheeks and forehead, so I was using this gel as a moisturiser after I cleansed my skin. It actually made my skin even more inflamed and the breakout I had seemed worse after I used this gel. Maybe it is because my skin is extremely sensitive, but since this is a natural product, and after reading and watching so many positive reviews about it stopping acne, I thought it would assist in stopping my breakout, but it made it worse. I will not be using this gel again. I suggest if you have sensitive and oily acne prone skin like mine, be careful what you try.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this product for years and recently I've gotten around to using it again every night and I don't know why I stopped when it helped my skin so much. I use this after my moisturizer and I find it "seals it in" nicely. Aloe vera gel has helped reduce inflammation on my face as well as redness and it leaves it feeling nice and cool. And my face is super super soft in the morning when I wash it off. One warning though, don't get this stuff too close to your eyes because I find that it stings. I usually have to keep my eyes shut while applying this so my eyes don't water. Other than that, holy grail product!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this everyday after my toner as a moisturizer, my skin tends to get oily but the gel tends to prevent this. This product is great for sensitive, inflamed, and acne prone skin. It has gotten rid of SOME pimples, but what I have noticed significantly about this aloe gel is that it calms down the inflammation from my acne completely. It feels extremely lights on the skin!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this helps me in relieving my occasional eczema flares. Absorbs quickly. However, i have to reapply every hourly or so because my skin gets itchy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Aloe vera gel has a cult following. I've seen many acne-prone girls rave about it over the years. Unfortunately this did not work for me whatsoever. But if I were to be completely unbiased - I'd still recommend everyone else give this a try. The reason I say that is because the science backs up the hype. Aloe vera is (typically) wonderful for inflammation and oily skin types. It is top recommended for burns.

Now as for my experience... I've tried aloe vera gel 3 different times with various brands. The result has been the same each time; an angry, red, volcano face full of small pimples. Perhaps I should have taken my eyes stinging like hell when I applied this to my cheeks as a warning sign. But I didn't. And after 3 nights, my face was left beet red once again. It's puzzling to me as I don't know *why* exactly this happens. There are chemicals in Fruit Of The Earth's formula, but those are the same ones I have in my other skincare products. So I want to blame the aloe.

I will not repurchase. And if I do......I deserve the side effects. :P

8/16/2015: I'm using the remainder of my bottles as a shaving gel. It's not 100% ideal as i prefer something with alpha hydroxy acid in it to exfoliate skin cells (leading to less ingrown hairs) but................better than wasting it I suppose. There's also a lot of articles on using aloe vera gel as hair gel. I personally won't be trying that as I'm convinced this product is drying and harmful. At least using it as a shaving gel it gets washed off within minutes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a miracle product for my acne! I have tried so many products to try and help my cystic acne and have had no luck. This stuff is amazing, so cheap, and you get a lot of product for the money. I just squirt a tiny bit of this and apply it to my pimples, and they completely disappear! This completely got rid of the cystic pimple I just had. It made it less inflamed and red. I love this and will continue to use it for cystic acne!

Popular Body Skincare Products