Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aloe vera gel, triethanolamine, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer 940, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I use this morning and night on my face, after I apply L'oreal's Youth Code Dark Spot Corrector... And when I say I have clear smooth glowing skin... I mean it!!! So cheap! I grab the $.99 ones from Target and keep it every where... It's like my go to product!!! I'll rebuy foreveeeeer!!

on 1/12/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product.

Living in Australia I'm always sunsafe but on occasion the sun can catch you out. I've tried many aloe vera products and Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel is superior to all others. I've only used it on mild sunburn so I don't know how it works using it for other things. But for sunburn, it's unbelievable. It's so cooling when it goes on. It is a bit sticky but quickly soaks into the skin. I apply it in the evening and in the morning (and again if necessary) and I've avoided skin peeling and it greatly reduces that "hot" feeling when you are a little bit sunburnt. This is a staple in my bathroom for when you have had a little bit too much sun.

It is pricier than other aloe products but well worth it in my view. I tend to apply the gel quite generously so the tube doesn't last that long.

on 1/1/2015 10:32:00 AM

Read up a little on Aloe Vera and the benefits are amazing, good for spots, dry skin, anti ageing etc.

Ordered some and wasn't disappointed.

Tiny bit is needed for each area of the face. Lightly rub on, takes about a minute for my skin to absorb it. Feels little tight at first and after a few minutes it goes away. Skin isn't breaking out so much. Haven't been using it long enough for huge benefits yet.

BUT I HAVE STOPPED USING THIS PRODUCT.

I noticed on the bottle it said 100% gel, not 100% aloe vera, mmmm so off I go to google and there is only a tiny bit of aloe vera inside! apparently if aloe vera is in a gel form, it has lots of other stuff in, pure, 100% natural aloe vera is like water. I want something natural without many products inside. Can't say this is misleading, as it states it on the bottle, my own fault.

Off to search 100% aloe vera, water like form, organic :) read this one is the anti ageing one :)

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Use daily for or as primer with mineral makeup I had horrible acne scars and reaccurring acne it has helped clear it up last week. I use it as hair gel as does great with any style. I have flaky skin in winter and has helped big time with flakes. It works great with me . It will vary on the person uses it because it can be worsen. I been using it 5 months and get the bottle at local walgreens.

on 9/10/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good for a bug bite I recently got. Read aloe can help with inflammation from acne. Recently, I started getting huge pimples (cyst like) on my face... And wondered what I had done different in my routine. I remember; I used this in hopes it would calm redness. THIS is what caused these huge pimples on my face that are taking FOREVEr to get rid of! I can't even leave my apartment I'm so embarrassed!

on 8/24/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I ordered this off of amazon, since my walmart for some reason wasn't carrying it that day. But the price for a 24 oz. bottle was less than $10! I've been using this product for almost a week now, and my skin looks A LOT better. I have been getting a lot more breakouts lately and my regular spot treatment isn't doing its wonders for my skin anymore. I also have many acne scars on my face (and a lot on my chin) and I have been using this aloe vera as a moisturizer every night and morning and my acne scars are slowly reducing! My chin scars have cleared up almost 80% from when I started using aloe vera. I also put it on a really big breakout and by the next morning it was almost gone. I even got my mom to start using it because she said my skin has been looking a lot better, so she wanted to try it for herself haha. The only thing I don't like about this is that if you get it close to your eyes, it will burn your eyes! It feels like you just cut an onion. But other than that, this product is my new HG! I will definitely be repurchasing! :)
Oh you can also use this underneath your makeup as a primer and moisturzier! I use this under my BB cream and concealer and I hardly get oily and this helps the BB cream stay on A LOT longer!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this aloe vera gel as a facial moisturiser and to help with redness/inflammation, hyperpigmentation, and blemishes. It comes in a generous size pump bottle, which will last me a long time, and is more hygienic as I won't be dipping my fingers into a container. It feels a bit sticky upon application, but quickly absorbs into the skin.

on 7/4/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I actually like this as a super light hold hair gel. I have yet to find a salon product that gives a little hold with zero stickiness...and this works, so I'll keep using it for that purpose. I put it on when wet and it provides just enough hold to keep my hair in place until it dries, then I brush through or run my hands through...my curls are soft and fluffy. I also sometimes use this in the summertime in place of my regular facial moisturizer...or sometimes along with it. It works nicely to apply to (and around) lips prior to applying gloss or lipstick...makes it go on smoother. It has a lot of uses and it's an all around great product.

on 5/29/2014 12:17:00 PM

This stuff makes my eyes burn and water even when I don't put it close to my eyes! I see from other reviews that it has preservatives. Misleading as it says 100% aloe vera gel.

on 5/22/2014 8:03:00 PM

Well they aren't exactly lying, this is in fact "100% gel". Problem is, people will see the packaging and think it's 100% aloe, which it is not (the package does not say 100% aloe, it say 100% gel). Usually I buy real aloe from Aubrey Organics or Mountain Rose Herbs. The ingredients in those are just aloe, a little bit of xanathan gum to thicken and vitamin C/E to preserve so it doesn't go rancid (but you still need to refrigerate after opening). It's still a liquid, which needs to be applied with a cotton ball, has some color (translucent beige), and *does* have a bit of a natural/ herbal aloe scent, since aloe does have a scent. It also heals skin very quickly, provided you don't have an allergy to aloe (not common, but it does happen).

This Fruit of the Earth gel is "100% gel", not a liquid like real aloe, is clear in color, and has no smell. The reason I bought it is because I wanted to take something with me in my purse that did not require refrigeration. I appreciate that they did not sneak in green coloring or alcohol like some other aloe gels, but I wonder what percentage of this is actually aloe. I was not able to find a figure online. It also does not heal my skin as well or as quickly as real aloe, so I'm thinking not much. I put this on a rash, and by morning it did not look any different. With real aloe, applied to a burn or rash, there is a vast improvement in my skin by the next day. Oh well, it doesn't hurt anything and does feel nice on the skin. You can get a large 10 ounce bottle of this at Walmart for about $5, but I bought the 6 ounce flip top tube for portability. If you have a legitimate skin care issue that you are going to use this for, I would go with real aloe, this doesn't really cut it.

Oh, and FYI, on the acnegenic/ comedogenic scale (0 being least likely to cause acne, 5 being the most likely), one of the ingredients in this gets a "2", one of them gets a "1", so it might be too risky to use this for acne.

Popular Body Skincare Products