Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aloe vera gel, triethanolamine, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer 940, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea.

on 8/20/2015 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this everyday after my toner as a moisturizer, my skin tends to get oily but the gel tends to prevent this. This product is great for sensitive, inflamed, and acne prone skin. It has gotten rid of SOME pimples, but what I have noticed significantly about this aloe gel is that it calms down the inflammation from my acne completely. It feels extremely lights on the skin!

on 8/19/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this helps me in relieving my occasional eczema flares. Absorbs quickly. However, i have to reapply every hourly or so because my skin gets itchy again.

on 8/6/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Aloe vera gel has a cult following. I've seen many acne-prone girls rave about it over the years. Unfortunately this did not work for me whatsoever. But if I were to be completely unbiased - I'd still recommend everyone else give this a try. The reason I say that is because the science backs up the hype. Aloe vera is (typically) wonderful for inflammation and oily skin types. It is top recommended for burns.

Now as for my experience... I've tried aloe vera gel 3 different times with various brands. The result has been the same each time; an angry, red, volcano face full of small pimples. Perhaps I should have taken my eyes stinging like hell when I applied this to my cheeks as a warning sign. But I didn't. And after 3 nights, my face was left beet red once again. It's puzzling to me as I don't know *why* exactly this happens. There are chemicals in Fruit Of The Earth's formula, but those are the same ones I have in my other skincare products. So I want to blame the aloe.

I will not repurchase. And if I do......I deserve the side effects. :P

8/16/2015: I'm using the remainder of my bottles as a shaving gel. It's not 100% ideal as i prefer something with alpha hydroxy acid in it to exfoliate skin cells (leading to less ingrown hairs) but................better than wasting it I suppose. There's also a lot of articles on using aloe vera gel as hair gel. I personally won't be trying that as I'm convinced this product is drying and harmful. At least using it as a shaving gel it gets washed off within minutes.

on 7/26/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a miracle product for my acne! I have tried so many products to try and help my cystic acne and have had no luck. This stuff is amazing, so cheap, and you get a lot of product for the money. I just squirt a tiny bit of this and apply it to my pimples, and they completely disappear! This completely got rid of the cystic pimple I just had. It made it less inflamed and red. I love this and will continue to use it for cystic acne!

on 4/25/2015 2:47:00 PM

I have normal skin, so I rarely break out. When I do, it's because of something oily I put on my face. Recently, I've been putting my bangs over my forehead. Even though my hair is dry, my forehead wasted no time erupting in pimples. And the biggest, reddest ones decided to settle right in the middle of my forehead. Yikes.

I quickly pushed my bangs away, and tied my hair up and away from my face so I wouldn't get anymore pimples.

To get rid of the pimples, I grabbed one strip of Bounty, placed two ice cubes on it, and then closed the napkin, dabbing/pressing it onto my forehead for 15 minutes. After about 5 minutes, the skin around my pimples turned red from the cold. I continued anyway. In about 10 minutes, all of my pimples shrank to one-half their size. The redness was still there, but they were small.

Before I slept that night, I rubbed the aloe vera gel onto my forehead. The next day, I applied toothpaste onto my pimples. After they dried (it took about 30 minutes), I washed them away, and applied the aloe vera gel on my pimples (and the skin surrounding it).

For the next two days, I only applied the gel onto my forehead. It's the fifth day now, and my pimples are barely noticeable. They're red, but tiny. I didn't use any other treatments for my pimple.

The aloe vera gel was a big help in getting rid of my pimples. But I don't use it as moisturizer. Whenever I use this on my face, the gel dries up nicely. But when I wash my face some hours later, some gel comes off. Gross. If the gel can't be absorbed properly, how can you receive all it's benefits? I don't recommend this for moisturizer. The gel isn't even full aloe vera- only 40-60% of it are actual aloe vera. But since this gel is so effective in helping my breakouts, I buy it anyway. It's pretty cheap, sanitary (comes in a bottle with a pump), and you get a lot of product. I'd say it's a bang for your buck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this to "lay down" my edges whenever I have flyaway hair after flat ironing. Just the slightest dab on my fingertips speckled onto my hair. Then I pull a silk or satin headband or bandana back over the area and leave on while I apply makeup. In about 10 minutes, it's completely dry, with no flakes and my edges look naturally straight, flat and silky. And it's still quite pliable and soft. It also doesn't strip the moisture and sheen from my hair. (Everything else I've tried did.)

I've tried Trader Joe's brand when I ran out once, figuring aloe vera gel is aloe vera gel. NOPE! That brand has alcohol in it (Fruit of the Earth's sole ingredient is "aloe vera gel") and it stiffened my hair and left flakes that looked like dandruff. I went from flyaway to "sticky uppy".

Previously, I've also tried all manner of "edge cream" and "edge wax", shea butter...you name it...from moderately to quite expensive. They either had no or minimal effect, no lasting effect, or completely botched the job.

So nowadays, I keep a big bottle in my arsenal (a little dab'll do ya!) that I've had for a year now.

on 3/1/2015 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for well over a year. I originally bought it to manage my 7 year olds curly ethnic hair that wouldn't harden, flake or build up. Leaves her curls in tact and soft to the touch. I have thick hair and when I straighten it I have annoying fly aways over the top and the edges of my head and I use a pea size amount to lay them down without any issues. And believe me I've user everything. I also put on a thick mask of this on every couple days to heal a pimple fast and to continue to even out my blemishes and skin tone. I've only found this at Walmart and I buy it by the bottles. Definitely HG product for me for many things.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I use this morning and night on my face, after I apply L'oreal's Youth Code Dark Spot Corrector... And when I say I have clear smooth glowing skin... I mean it!!! So cheap! I grab the $.99 ones from Target and keep it every where... It's like my go to product!!! I'll rebuy foreveeeeer!!

on 1/12/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product.

Living in Australia I'm always sunsafe but on occasion the sun can catch you out. I've tried many aloe vera products and Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel is superior to all others. I've only used it on mild sunburn so I don't know how it works using it for other things. But for sunburn, it's unbelievable. It's so cooling when it goes on. It is a bit sticky but quickly soaks into the skin. I apply it in the evening and in the morning (and again if necessary) and I've avoided skin peeling and it greatly reduces that "hot" feeling when you are a little bit sunburnt. This is a staple in my bathroom for when you have had a little bit too much sun.

It is pricier than other aloe products but well worth it in my view. I tend to apply the gel quite generously so the tube doesn't last that long.

on 1/1/2015 10:32:00 AM

Read up a little on Aloe Vera and the benefits are amazing, good for spots, dry skin, anti ageing etc.

Ordered some and wasn't disappointed.

Tiny bit is needed for each area of the face. Lightly rub on, takes about a minute for my skin to absorb it. Feels little tight at first and after a few minutes it goes away. Skin isn't breaking out so much. Haven't been using it long enough for huge benefits yet.

BUT I HAVE STOPPED USING THIS PRODUCT.

I noticed on the bottle it said 100% gel, not 100% aloe vera, mmmm so off I go to google and there is only a tiny bit of aloe vera inside! apparently if aloe vera is in a gel form, it has lots of other stuff in, pure, 100% natural aloe vera is like water. I want something natural without many products inside. Can't say this is misleading, as it states it on the bottle, my own fault.

Off to search 100% aloe vera, water like form, organic :) read this one is the anti ageing one :)

Popular Body Skincare Products