Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aloe vera gel, triethanolamine, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer 940, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea.

on 4/25/2015 2:47:00 PM

I have normal skin, so I rarely break out. When I do, it's because of something oily I put on my face. Recently, I've been putting my bangs over my forehead. Even though my hair is dry, my forehead wasted no time erupting in pimples. And the biggest, reddest ones decided to settle right in the middle of my forehead. Yikes.

I quickly pushed my bangs away, and tied my hair up and away from my face so I wouldn't get anymore pimples.

To get rid of the pimples, I grabbed one strip of Bounty, placed two ice cubes on it, and then closed the napkin, dabbing/pressing it onto my forehead for 15 minutes. After about 5 minutes, the skin around my pimples turned red from the cold. I continued anyway. In about 10 minutes, all of my pimples shrank to one-half their size. The redness was still there, but they were small.

Before I slept that night, I rubbed the aloe vera gel onto my forehead. The next day, I applied toothpaste onto my pimples. After they dried (it took about 30 minutes), I washed them away, and applied the aloe vera gel on my pimples (and the skin surrounding it).

For the next two days, I only applied the gel onto my forehead. It's the fifth day now, and my pimples are barely noticeable. They're red, but tiny. I didn't use any other treatments for my pimple.

The aloe vera gel was a big help in getting rid of my pimples. But I don't use it as moisturizer. Whenever I use this on my face, the gel dries up nicely. But when I wash my face some hours later, some gel comes off. Gross. If the gel can't be absorbed properly, how can you receive all it's benefits? I don't recommend this for moisturizer. The gel isn't even full aloe vera- only 40-60% of it are actual aloe vera. But since this gel is so effective in helping my breakouts, I buy it anyway. It's pretty cheap, sanitary (comes in a bottle with a pump), and you get a lot of product. I'd say it's a bang for your buck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this to "lay down" my edges whenever I have flyaway hair after flat ironing. Just the slightest dab on my fingertips speckled onto my hair. Then I pull a silk or satin headband or bandana back over the area and leave on while I apply makeup. In about 10 minutes, it's completely dry, with no flakes and my edges look naturally straight, flat and silky. And it's still quite pliable and soft. It also doesn't strip the moisture and sheen from my hair. (Everything else I've tried did.)

I've tried Trader Joe's brand when I ran out once, figuring aloe vera gel is aloe vera gel. NOPE! That brand has alcohol in it (Fruit of the Earth's sole ingredient is "aloe vera gel") and it stiffened my hair and left flakes that looked like dandruff. I went from flyaway to "sticky uppy".

Previously, I've also tried all manner of "edge cream" and "edge wax", shea butter...you name it...from moderately to quite expensive. They either had no or minimal effect, no lasting effect, or completely botched the job.

So nowadays, I keep a big bottle in my arsenal (a little dab'll do ya!) that I've had for a year now.

on 3/1/2015 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for well over a year. I originally bought it to manage my 7 year olds curly ethnic hair that wouldn't harden, flake or build up. Leaves her curls in tact and soft to the touch. I have thick hair and when I straighten it I have annoying fly aways over the top and the edges of my head and I use a pea size amount to lay them down without any issues. And believe me I've user everything. I also put on a thick mask of this on every couple days to heal a pimple fast and to continue to even out my blemishes and skin tone. I've only found this at Walmart and I buy it by the bottles. Definitely HG product for me for many things.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I use this morning and night on my face, after I apply L'oreal's Youth Code Dark Spot Corrector... And when I say I have clear smooth glowing skin... I mean it!!! So cheap! I grab the $.99 ones from Target and keep it every where... It's like my go to product!!! I'll rebuy foreveeeeer!!

on 1/12/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product.

Living in Australia I'm always sunsafe but on occasion the sun can catch you out. I've tried many aloe vera products and Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel is superior to all others. I've only used it on mild sunburn so I don't know how it works using it for other things. But for sunburn, it's unbelievable. It's so cooling when it goes on. It is a bit sticky but quickly soaks into the skin. I apply it in the evening and in the morning (and again if necessary) and I've avoided skin peeling and it greatly reduces that "hot" feeling when you are a little bit sunburnt. This is a staple in my bathroom for when you have had a little bit too much sun.

It is pricier than other aloe products but well worth it in my view. I tend to apply the gel quite generously so the tube doesn't last that long.

on 1/1/2015 10:32:00 AM

Read up a little on Aloe Vera and the benefits are amazing, good for spots, dry skin, anti ageing etc.

Ordered some and wasn't disappointed.

Tiny bit is needed for each area of the face. Lightly rub on, takes about a minute for my skin to absorb it. Feels little tight at first and after a few minutes it goes away. Skin isn't breaking out so much. Haven't been using it long enough for huge benefits yet.

BUT I HAVE STOPPED USING THIS PRODUCT.

I noticed on the bottle it said 100% gel, not 100% aloe vera, mmmm so off I go to google and there is only a tiny bit of aloe vera inside! apparently if aloe vera is in a gel form, it has lots of other stuff in, pure, 100% natural aloe vera is like water. I want something natural without many products inside. Can't say this is misleading, as it states it on the bottle, my own fault.

Off to search 100% aloe vera, water like form, organic :) read this one is the anti ageing one :)

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Use daily for or as primer with mineral makeup I had horrible acne scars and reaccurring acne it has helped clear it up last week. I use it as hair gel as does great with any style. I have flaky skin in winter and has helped big time with flakes. It works great with me . It will vary on the person uses it because it can be worsen. I been using it 5 months and get the bottle at local walgreens.

on 9/10/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good for a bug bite I recently got. Read aloe can help with inflammation from acne. Recently, I started getting huge pimples (cyst like) on my face... And wondered what I had done different in my routine. I remember; I used this in hopes it would calm redness. THIS is what caused these huge pimples on my face that are taking FOREVEr to get rid of! I can't even leave my apartment I'm so embarrassed!

on 8/24/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I ordered this off of amazon, since my walmart for some reason wasn't carrying it that day. But the price for a 24 oz. bottle was less than $10! I've been using this product for almost a week now, and my skin looks A LOT better. I have been getting a lot more breakouts lately and my regular spot treatment isn't doing its wonders for my skin anymore. I also have many acne scars on my face (and a lot on my chin) and I have been using this aloe vera as a moisturizer every night and morning and my acne scars are slowly reducing! My chin scars have cleared up almost 80% from when I started using aloe vera. I also put it on a really big breakout and by the next morning it was almost gone. I even got my mom to start using it because she said my skin has been looking a lot better, so she wanted to try it for herself haha. The only thing I don't like about this is that if you get it close to your eyes, it will burn your eyes! It feels like you just cut an onion. But other than that, this product is my new HG! I will definitely be repurchasing! :)
Oh you can also use this underneath your makeup as a primer and moisturzier! I use this under my BB cream and concealer and I hardly get oily and this helps the BB cream stay on A LOT longer!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this aloe vera gel as a facial moisturiser and to help with redness/inflammation, hyperpigmentation, and blemishes. It comes in a generous size pump bottle, which will last me a long time, and is more hygienic as I won't be dipping my fingers into a container. It feels a bit sticky upon application, but quickly absorbs into the skin.

Popular Body Skincare Products