Bobbi Brown Kir Shimmer Lipstick

4.3

on 2/26/2010 6:58:00 PM

I've been on a Bobbi Brown kick lately, so I swapped for this one. I usually use a lot of nudes, beiges and light pinks, but Kir looked so pretty that I just had to try it.

It's a gorgeous berry plum with shimmer/pearl to it. I was initially afraid that the "metallic" aspect of it would be too prominent, but it wasn't. And, surprisingly, it isn't too cool-toned for my light beige skin. It actually really brightens my face, and gives me a polished and elegant look. It's also quite long-lasting and doesn't bleed outside of the lip line.

That being said, I did take off a lippie because the formula *is* slightly drying, which I have found with all BB lipsticks (outside of the Creamy ones.) Oh well. Very pretty, and I would recommend to everyone. continued >>

on 1/23/2009 9:48:00 AM

i first bought kir shimmer in 1999, and still love it 10 years later- it is a wonderful by itself or over a light pink. not to glittery or sparkly and doesn't leave my lips greasy or dry. love it!!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've had bad experiences with BB lipsticks. They're far too drying and the colors are either too dark or too light. But I decided to give this a shot and am glad I did. The color itself is the perfect red for me as it is brown-based and the shimmer is a little golden. Brightens my face even when I'm not wearing blush. The texture is still dry but I find that it does not bleed and stays put for a good part of the day. Even when it wore off it left a nice stain on my lips which allows me to just put on lipgloss after lunch if I don't feel like reapplying the lipstick.

on 2/28/2008 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I almost never wear lipsticks, especially dark ones (kind of scared of them against my fair skin--I prefer glosses) but this one proves an exception. Aptly named, the color is a gorgeous, *slightly* sheer and shimmery, berry-wine color (like a rosy plum). Its YLB-much-B. The shade is definitely obvious, but not overstated. I imagine it looks best on cool-toned complexions.

I received it as part of a GWP a couple of years ago, and haven't attempted to purchase the full size, but definitely will when the tube reaches the bottom. I have never found a lipstick I like better.

on 9/27/2007 11:57:00 PM

This is my new go to lip color for the fall. My expectations of what this color would look like were certainly mistaken when I visited my local BB counter at Holt Renfrew. I figured it would be a plum shimmer, which to some extent it is. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are 3 colors in this lipstick that I see, plum, brown and red. The predominant color is plum, the base color on my lips is a mix of plum and brown. Having a hint of red mixed in with plum and brown just makes it so multi-dimensional. The shimmer is so subtle and elegant, it's a really great MLBD {my lips but darker} shimmer lipstick for fall.

on 9/24/2007 10:25:00 PM

I can't help but feel slightly underwhelmed by Kir Shimmer. On me (NC42) it's like a YLBB shade with shimmer. Nice but nothing special. I suppose I was just expecting something more noticeable, although the website description (plum brown) is accurate. The quality is unsurprisingly excellent, typical of a BB product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this color! It is a sheer brownish red(on me at least)and a hint of shimmer. My only gripe is the fact that it is a bit on the dry side, which I alleviate by adding a dab of Kir Sugar lipgloss over it. Love it and will repurchase if and when I run out.

on 3/10/2006 5:26:00 PM

Made me look like an extra in 'Night of the living dead'!!

This is another evening shade for me. A lovely shimmery plum. Very classic. I love my Bobbi Brown lippies!! They never fail me.

on 10/15/2005 7:28:00 AM

One of my staples. Very natural dark shimmery rosy color, nice texture to me despite other reviwers complaints. This is a real "my lips but better shade" for me and can be worn day or night. Love it

Popular Lipsticks