October 25, 2014 | 918 users online

Moisturizers - Skin Biology - Emu Oil for skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Cluekeeper

Fabulous Emu Oil. The trick with EMU oil is that when applied topically it will push whatever product you have on your face, deep into your skin. This is great if you are using another serum. I use Estee Lauder's Night Repair Serum first, then layer on the Emu oil. My skin has never looked better. Plumped up lines, clearer and brighter skin. Negatively, if you have something like Poison Ivy on your face, do not use Emu oil on it. The Emu Oil will push the poison ivy deeper into your skin causing worse problems. So, try your favorite serum/light moisturizer first, let it soak it and then add a few drops of Emu Oil. In the morning you'll be pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, would have preferred a pump to keep bacteria out of the emu oil and for ease of use. Thankfully, Emu Oil is bacteriostatic.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by girly2222

I used thunder ridge emu oil 100 percent refined.I have used this several times over ten years always thinking it would work with some different products or maybe i would use it differently.NO MORE.I heard this plumps up the skin and goes 7 layers under skin,well after all the tests I've done here's what I can say. 1.It plumps up the skin fairly well, and every WRINKLE swells also, LINES are really noticeable, especially under eyes. 2.Can cause pimples or cysts on cheeks. 3.Very greasy when on can't be worn under makeup, unless skin is cleaned first. 4.Has bad smell. The only thing I have ever used that PLUMPED up my skin ever is CETAPHIL DAILY MOISTERIZER SPF.And I have been through every cheap and expensive and brand name creams, lotions, and oils.And this was my only pick of a great face plumping product.The best face PLUMPING facial cleaner is DICKINSON PORE PERFECTING WITCH HAZEL.I have sensitive, dry skin.From just them two products which one is all natural, I swear I look 30 again. :0) I look Awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now, it is time to review what an amazing oil this is. My review is the one I purchased from Emu Tracks, Australia. It is expensive but heck it works so wonderfully. I used emu oil underneath my moisturizer twice daily, and because of this I do not have to use face serum so often. It plumped up my face significantly and my fine wrinkles around my lips have reduced to such an extent I do not need to use fine lines corrector anymore. It is the best lip balm for me. Another thing, I mix a small amount of emu oil with grapeseed oil and viola, I have my HG hair serum. Try it and you be amazed. I received a lot of compliments for having such a good complexion and radiant skin despite my advancing age from many sales assistants. Emu oil, how I wish I knew about you long ago.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Leeanna58

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My review is for Emu oil in general, the brand I bought was from the Organic section in Super Store and is called Kalaya.
This is the best product I had ever bought, and I buy every product. I'm addicted to finding the best products out there for my face, no matter the price. In my view, God only gives us one face and we need to do anything and everything we can to help it stay healthy, hydrated and young looking! I have extremely dry skin! I've never been able to find a moisturizer that does enough for my skin, and I've bought every single top of the line cream! I also have eczema which breaks out on my face. Now that I like in Calgary Alberta, and extremely dry climate my skin has gotten worse, the outbreaks covering most of my cheeks and chin. A coworker told me about Emu oil, and went straight to Super Store and got it. Not overly priced at all in my opinion. Within 3-4 days of using under my moisturizer (I now use Aveeno because it is all natural and contains lots of Oats, great for eczema) my eczema is gone!! Seriously! No more red, flaky, gross, itchy, tight, painfull skin!!!!
What a miracle!!!! Thank God for Emu Oil. I now only use it under my creams at night. My skin has NEVER been so soft and plump! It's like I've taken years off my skin! My Skin looks younger then ever!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a review for Emu oil in general. I have been using the Laid in Montana Emu oil that I get from Nigels. LOVE LOVE LOVE and can't live without. i use it under primers and sunscreens in the morning, and over treatment creams at night. My skin is plump and smoother than its ever been. At 47 years old this is THE product i wanted to find before it got too late to save my thinning ageing skin. I just started mixing it the Josie Maran Argan oil for an added boost and love it even more.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by georgide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am in an oil obsession right now and emu oil started it. I read reviews online that it is basically a cure-all for all types of things and I totally buy into the hype! I get mine here for about half the price of skin bio http://long-island-organics.com/ (she always gives free samples of other products with your order).

I def had reservations about it as I am vegetarian, but i guess my vanity out-weighs my compassion. I use it on my face once or twice a day and esp after washing. It acts as the skins natural oils. As you age and when you wash, your skin loses it's oils. It also has some crazy trans dermal property that allows it to travel deeper into your skin than most products--it's good to use on top of other products to help the active ingredients travel deeper into the skin's layers. I use it on my body when I have an itch and it goes away immediately. Also, helps wounds heal faster. It's anti-fungal, anti-inflamatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-septic. It doesn't clog pores and helps with the inflammatory property of acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by samant106

I bought my emu oil from uk ebay. it was quite cheap 30 pounds for a litre so not sure of the quality. But my skin loves it its great for eczema and for repairing skin. my skin is very sensitive and helps heal the skin after many attempts to treat my stretch marks.
its so hydrating i use it on my face and feels very anti aging and nourishing

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by lattelisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like how this makes my hair feel, a little bit goes a long way. I bought mine on Amazon and consider it a good deal. Use it at night and then shower in the morning because it truly SMELLS AWFUL!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Emsauce

I've been using emu oil for about a year, I had read great reviews about it so I purchased some off Ebay. I use it with a q-tip to get my eye makeup off, and I like to dab a bit around my eyes for my fine lines. I don't feel that it makes a HUGE difference really with my fine lines/wrinkles, more than say any other lotion, but, just recently my nose piercing became infected, like a big disgusting boil with pus, and wouldn't go away, I tried everything that anyone suggested for it, but nothing worked. So, one person somewhere had mentioned emu oil for their infected nose piercing, so I was thrilled I already had some! Anyways, I started dabbing emu oil around the piercing and on the "boil", then covered it with a bandaid and within the first 8hrs or so I checked on it and it had shrunk already, and I am so stoked that now a week later my piercing looks GREAT! Even the small bump that had been present next to the piercing since basically the beginning, seems to be gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by HayJenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So with getting older and my skin needs changing, I heard a lot of good things about Emu Oil and thought I would give it a shot. Based again, on a recommendation from a previous review, I purchased mine on Ebay from seller Brokenwingmending - and I have to say her emu oil is the BEST. I started using it last year and had great results with it. She stopped making it for awhile and I tried some other sellers on Ebay but none of their emu oil was nearly as good as hers (some were just outright awful- stinky and yellow). She's back selling now and I just received another bottle and my skin is loving it again. I cant recommend her emu oil enough. Generous amount for a small price. And she is lovely person to do business with. Two huge thumbs up! Would give a rating of 10 if I could...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No