September 20, 2014 | 1866 users online

Skincare - Body - Pears - The Original Transparent Soap

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ninny26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The new formula burns my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Mn96

I have really oily skin and my mum used to use this soap so she recommended it to me. I wouldn't say it is bad, but I won't say it's good either, because it hasn't really brought any difference to my skin. I have some acne on my skin and found that this soap made my skin realllllly dry but neither reduced not increased my break outs. And another minus is that I read online that facial soaps are really bad for the skin, it may be pore clogging but I'm not sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

one of the easiest ways to fix dry hands is to change your hand soap to one that is mostly glycerine. look at the ingredients...glycerine should near the top of the list for it to make a difference. if the glycerine is a bar soap, it will feel particularly odd at first; very slippery, with very little lather. i recommend cutting bar soaps into smaller pieces...they're easier to hang onto that way.

pears is the first soap that i started using that helped to alleviate my dry hands, which we all have from time to time. if you lean towards the gourmand or floral sort, pears' unique piney fragrance will leave something to be desired. then again, the price point and its ability to leave your hands softer than the average bar of soap might turn you into a fan. (it certainly worked on me.)

i kind of imagine it working on a man quite nicely, actually. i picked it up at a drugstore (i think it was rite aid, maybe walgreens?) for probably $2 or something. really cheap. recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use it in the shower, when I became allergic to feminine shower gels for intimate washing.

I've used it for years without a problem. My gynaecologist recommended it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For reasons passing understanding my d/s ran out/stopped carrying/whatever my HG Neutrogena glycerin bar soap. I don't know what was up with that, especially since I couldn't find it at any d/s in town, but whatever. There are a number of cleansing bar soaps on the market, but I've never had great luck with them, so I picked up the only soap that looked similar - Pears. A 3 bar box costs about $3, which is what I was paying for a single bar of the Neutrogena and it works just as well and doesn't have the weird raw potato smell the Neutrogena does. I never used the "original" formula that everyone is lamenting the loss of, but, for me, this is an HG now. It cleanses my (dry, sensitive) skin without stripping it, irritating it, or otherwise causing more problems than it solves. And I like the scent. Call me weird, but whatever... it smells good to me though it only lasts until I wash it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

MAN...BUMMER.
I loved this stuff in my young married life. The smell reminds me of playful showers with my beloved. I picked a box up on a whim and didn't think to check the ingredients. I did when I took a shower and stepped out covered in hives..I felt like crying, literally. The formula has changed for the sake of corporate greed...the ingredients are no better than dishsoap now.
Boo & HISS @ you Pears.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Pauser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst-smelling soap I've ever used. Ever. It has a medicinal almost industrial cleaning fluid smell. It did lather well, which I appreciate, and is the reason I gave it two stars. But I find the smell extremely unpleasant and could only use it once. Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by summeristhebest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Went to walmart yesterday hoping that they had the neutrogena cleansing bar :( bad luck my mom suggested that i should get pears soap.... On my first day of using it my skin felt soft but a little sticky on my hands... hoping to see some good results!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

My parents love using this, and I did use this for awhile because of its lovely 'Victorian' scent (old formulation)! Think it is quite cheap and affordable. Average product for my skin; didn't dry it out or anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by chrishy74

FOR THOSE WHO WANT OLD FORMULA - ALTERNATIVE PRODUCT FOUND!

So for those who loved the old formula, I found one that is VERY similar - minus the fragrance. The order of the ingredients are a bit different but I wonder if the old package was really in the right order anyway. Also, this bar is not clear - so perhaps there is a little less glycerin but its worth a shot! The only ingredient that is IN there but not in Pears is the Sodium Citrate - which I looked up and it appears to help with the Ph - which honestly is a good thing - better Ph balance.

Sensitive Bar
Ingredients: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Water/Eau/Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium Citrate.

Refresh Bar
Ingredients: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Water/Eau/Aqua, Glycerin, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Sodium Citrate.

Calm Bar
Ingredients: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Water/Eau/Aqua, Glycerin, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Sodium Citrate.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No