July 31, 2014 | 1278 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Gentle Facial Peeling

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Em1106

GReat product. I have very sensitive skin and break out with conventional scrubs. Use it 2 x per week. My acne has reduced significantly since using it (about 4 months now and still on same bottle). I will repurchase. I use caudalie hydrating cream mask after I use this.
LEaves my face soft and exfoliated.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jane1234567

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good price for what it does. Very gentle and didn't irritate my skin! LOVVEEE

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by DaryaDarya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been suffering from breakouts since I was about 14-15 yrs old. Only regular visits to an esthetician could keep my skin closest to clear, but I have recently moved to another country and I have yet to find a new one, as I have a problem trusting people with my skin given my experience. After I moved, my skin's state deteriorated and I blamed it on the climate change and stress and so on, but then I realized that my skin has to be helped, it can not function well on its own. I had a couple of samples of this cream (didn't care for it much when I tried it at first), so I started using it every day. Yep, every day. And my skin has cleared much in a week and a half. So I went back and purchased the full size product. I think Clarins Lotus oil is helping a lot as well, as I have noticed that it calms down the inflamed breakouts. I ordered a clarisonic brush and once I start using it I might stop using this Peeling every day, we'll see.
By the way do not throw away a tube once you can't squeeze the product out anymore - just cut it open and you will see that there is enough of it left to use 2-3 times (with a 5ml sample), not sure with the full size tube - have yet to discover))

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by thejacks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

easy on and non irritating to my sensitive skin. tend to have flakey and easily irritated skin and this is very good. do not feel i have to push and pull harshly to make it work. this is better than the equivalent YSL product with no granules.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by olivehuile

I really like this scrub. I have had trouble finding gentle scrubs for my skin. I have an acne problem, but at the same time dry and sensitive skin. This scrub hasn't made my skin break out and it feels soft and clean afterwards. I have used it for 3 weeks now and I really like it. I took a lippie off for the way you have to pull your skin to get the product off your face when finished. It feels a bit harsh, but my skin looks really nice though. Will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by DanielJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I managed to get a bargain on this via eBay. 200ml for 13. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably not have tried it. However, when (or if) I ever run out I will be tempted to look for a bargain once more and here's why:

I was expecting it to be really messy and horrible from all the reviews but what I did was apply it, left it on for 5-10 minutes while massaging it every now and then. Then I just jumped in the shower. Easy.
And the results were surprising! It left my skin feeling 'squeaky' (almost literally) clean. And I found that afterwards my skin would be more evenly toned, there's be less inflammation of spots and generally less redness.

Funny smell though! Did anyone else find this?

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by katchimo

I purchased a 40mL sample for ten dollars from a warehouse sale but checked the website and saw that the treatment actually retails 30 dollars for 50mL. Very expensive purchase for such a small bottle, although I'll admit I've seen worse. I do believe the product works because it caught and removed a lot of the dried flakes I had on my nose from my acne scars. But I think it's more of an exfoliate than a facial peeler since I didn't really see much peeling of the top layer of my skin. As an exfoliate it sticks true to the name, it's gentle and I didn't experience any irritation from it. The application of the product is super annoying. It dries too fast so while I'm still trying to smear it over my entire face it's already peeling away and while that might sound like a good thing it makes it difficult to figure out where I still need to apply the product. It also leaves quite a mess on the table, but that is normal for most facial peelings. In all, I'm not too impressed by the product, I've seen better results from cheaper brands although if you're looking for an exfoliate you might enjoy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by bvbvvbvvv

this peeling is much more gentle than another scrubs from Clarins. but i stop using it after i had acne problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by uh_gabyzinha

Love, love, love this product. I've been using retinol, so my skin gets lots of dry patches and rough areas, making it impossible to wear foundation without it caking up. Furthermore, the retinol makes my skin too sensitive to use products it would otherwise tolerate. This was such a finding! After using it, most of the dry patches were visibly reduced, and I could even wear a light foundation without it caking on the dead skin. Will give it 5 lippies because I can't live without the stuff, but I really wished that it wasn't so small/overpriced. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem paying when it comes to products that deliver, but this one doesn't have any expensive ingredients to justify its price. Also, the packaging is not optimal for this product, since it dries out the stuff when there's not much left.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 8:49:00 AM More reviews by effiexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried numerous facial scrubs & have found them to be harsh so I switched to massaging my face with a hot muslin cloth. This works lovely but I do need something extra once or twice a fortnight so I bought this in the hope it'd work better than a scrub.
I'm so glad I did! This gets rid of my dry skin without irritating it. I've got red patchy skin & find this does not react to his product in a negative way :D
The instructions are rather clear too :)
The only thing is the price :(