October 21, 2014 | 1005 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Beauty Flash Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Thank God it was a GWP because if I bought it myself (well, I WOULD NOT) I would be jolly furious.

I've tried it under makeup a la Lisa Eldrige (sorry Lisa, your recommendations are usually excellent but this one was not) - no difference and it does not cooperate with many of my foundations (NARS I am looking at you!), rolls off and does not allow the foundation to be applied evenly, not the effect one wants. It does not work as a mask either (and who can afford putting it as a thick layer of mask unless they are Gwyneth Paltrow?! Not for that sort of money they charge for it at Clarins for 30 ml tube!) - there was no difference after I've washed it off (the packaging of the tube itself does not actually say what to do with it after 10-15 minutes on one's face…and it did not come with a box).

Very disappointed and frankly I have no idea what to do with it now I have it in my stash, especially that the list of ingredients is less than natural. Another industry staple that needs to be replaced by a less hyped up product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really loving this as a primer. It works subtly but I look more glowing and less tired and my makeup last longer too

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by chantel1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product!

I pat in onto my skin, and It makes such a difference to my foundation!

I have a love/hate relationship with nars sheer glow foundation, but everytime I use it with this underneath, it makes the world of a difference!

It has lasted me ages, as I only use it for special occasions/nights out etc. I shall be buying this again when it runs out!

I have the large version of this, and I still have so much left in the tube - you deffo get your moneys worth! :-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This has no effect on my skin whatsoever. No tightening, no brightening, I don't even think it works that well as a makeup primer because by the end of the day my foundation has broked up in patches around my nose and upper lip. I applied this to half my face and used my regular moisturizer on the other half. At the end of the day, my face was uniformly shiny (dewy?). Since then I've used it several more times, both rubbed in and not rubbed in (the latter is the recommended application method) and no difference. I'm jealous of other reviewers who got it to work for them, but for me it left me thinking that the emperor has no clothes.

Like most Clarins products I've tried, BFB smells foul. It's a powder-y, mature lady smell that I hope I don't smell like when I'm 80.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by sbrake

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using the balm as a mask three times a week. I apply a thick coating, massage it into my skin and rinse off 20 minutes later. I follow up with my regular day-time moisturizer. It's not an inexpensive procedure but it really keeps my complexion looking good.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Didn't like this product at all. It looked great when first applied but that didn't last very long, about 10 minutes. Also I was very conscious of it on my face, it felt like I was wearing a mask and my skin felt like it was being suffocated. The 'Flash' part of its name is very apt, you get a flash of radiant skin and then, just like that, its gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by constanceyc

I have heard numerous raving reviews for this all time best-seller and I fell in love with it upon first application! the result is very pronounced after the make-up despite I failed to have a beauty sleep the night before. One amazing factor is that since this balm doesn't come with SPF, you can just mix it with your sun-block and apply. :) Another one is that it retains the overall make-up the whole day! (unless the climate is extremely humid that your face keeps sweating haha)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this as a primer and a radiant booster for my often dry-dull looking skin. The product is scented but nothing offensive and has a light champagne/beige color but goes on clear. I did not find that it makes my make-up longer lasting and I don't always get results from this. I used it once in a while and sometimes I do see my skin looking more radiant true my foundation while othertimes I don't noticed anything. I did try it as a mask but that did absolutly nothing. The tube lasted me almost 2 years because you only have to use a tiny amount. This is a weird product because I really don't see what it actually does and it only gives a minimal effect, so I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have but one thing to add:

If you want to experienced the 'tightening' part, try leaving it on for ten minutes before applying makeup, rather than applying makeup immediately as per the instructions.

(And seriously, don't use it every day, your skin will 'get used to it' (as Lisa Eldridge puts it) and the effects will diminish.)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ashlou7891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this little gem .. Smells amazing .. Feels amazing! I used after moisturising as a primer .. Make up went on flawlessly & lasted longer all thanks to Clarins!! X