Pacifica Stellar Gaze Length & Strength Mineral Mascara

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros: Lengthening, no smudging, no flaking, no weird mascara smell, Etc, etc.

Cons: Brush is really big. (that's it!)

This mascara is awesome!

I have used Physicians Formula Organic Wear CC Mascara for awhile now and wanted to try something else. so my mom got this for me for Christmas.

The packaging is great! I love that it comes in a box! makes it feel more expensive than it really is.

The PF mascara wand is smaller and has a slight curve, this Pacifica wand is HUGE compared. I opened the mascara for the first time and and thought "Oh my god!"
Switching from a smaller curved wand to a bigger thicker wand was a challenge (I got it all over my lid) now I have used it a little more and I'm starting to figure it out.

Now, the formula, it's wet. but the wand holds a lot more product so you can go back a forth between lashes and not have to pump it back in.

The finished look, is very lengthening (Like the package says) but very little volume... Unlike the PF mascara where it stays kinda tacky for a few hours. this dries like you would expect any mascara to dry.

the price, is nice. It's a little more expensive than I'd like to pay for (PF as more sales and rollbacks) but it is worth it!

All n' all, this is a great mascara! and I will buy again! <3

Only for a natural look, will clump really bad if you aim for more.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My favorite mascara was Mac Plush, which has been discontinued. As I have recently discovered Pacifica, I decided to give this mascara a try. I only wore this around the house, but in those conditions it did not flake or smudge. When I went to remove it, I noticed that my lashes didn't feel as hard as they did with Mac mascara - and the mascara came off very easily, quickly, and completely with water. Even if I was very gentle with the Mac mascara, I would sometimes have a lash come loose - not with this one, so far - it just came off so easily and quickly that I didn't have to disturb my lashes very much.

Applying this mascara is a different story - my favorite shape of brush really was what I got with Mac Plush. This brush is different, so the mascara goes on differently. It is quite large - I had been trying to use the thicker "rear" end of the brush for my lashes, but the narrower "front" end poked the side of my nose and got mascara on it (easily washed off), but it was awkward and a bit messy, I had to be very careful. Then as another person suggested, I used the front part of the brush - and that went much more smoothly. This did absolutely nothing in terms of volumizing - it truly is only for lengthening, and even after a few coats, it still looked very natural, though it did build up. It's simple and fresh, rather than glamorous or dramatic.

Edit: I had trouble with my lashes clumping a little when I use this - it's not terrible, but I really like my lashes to be separated. Maybe this is a mascara no-no (?), but I tried using a final coat with Pacifica Aquarian Gaze mascara, and that brush really separated my lashes out well - this also added a bit of volume while still keeping a more natural (rather than dramatic) look. Doing this had the added effect of making the mascara more water resistant - which is great if you don't want it to budge, but then it's also harder to remove.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

For the price, this is a terrific mascara! After all, you're not going to get a Cle de Peau formula for $14.00. Supernova is a deep black mascara that lengthens, thickens and separates.(Supernova is black, Stardust is brown.) It's rather wet, so it can be messy. I find it wears nicely over my IT Cosmetics Tightline Black Mascara Primer. I wear IT Tightline as my regular mascara all the time, but when I add a coat of Pacifica Stellar Gaze my eyes get the Wow Factor. Lashes stay soft and smooth with this mascara too. My only big problem with this is the brush...it's one of those huge ones like classic BeneFit BadGal, and I find myself applying mascara with only the top 1/4 of the brush. The wand is average length, which, for me, makes the large brush even more awkward. However, if you like big brushes and you want a reasonably priced, very dark black (Supernova), hydrating mascara, this is one to try.

I bought this on sale not expecting much but to my surprise, I really like this mascara, it's natural but is effective, gives good volume and length. Holds curls well, doesn't smudge or clump and wears well throughout the day.

It's vegan and uses natural ingredients which is a must for me.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I almost did not buy this mascara because of the low ratings, but I am so glad I did. I love everything about this mascara from the affordable pirce,the packaging itself, to the big daddy of a mascara wand. I have this in stardust which is rich, milk chocolate brown. A hard to find mascara in that it is vegan, plus free of gluten, mineral oil, parabens and FD & C color. The big mega brush with the awesome coat-every-lash bristles is similar to Smashbox Full Exposure mascara wand, which I adore. This mascara wand applies easily to upper and lower lashes and I have small eyes and the big mascara brush is no problem for me. This gives me great length to my lashes. I do agree that it provides more of a natural look versus a va-voom! * here are my lashes* kind of a look. But I like that, and if I use a primer, I do get more volume. The mascara formula itself does not flake or smudge on me. Removes easily at the end of the day with my regular cleanser. I get great length from this delicious mascara. Retails for $14 but I got it on sale for $12. I like this much better than Larenim Minerallash mascara which has a clumpy formula and a puny wand.

This was a nice black mascara, it looked good. The brush is a little large. My problem with this was twofold; it flakes and it I had a huge problem getting if all off at night. Even resorted to an eye makeup remover but still it hung in there and I had racoon eyes in the a.m. Also NOTE i posted this review and similar rating on Pacifica site and it did not show up. Apparently the only reviews they post are positive ones. For shame.

I normally can work with a mascara...Flaws and all but this....Is absolutely terrible.
The packaging to ridiculous. If you have smaller eyes...forget it. I have had mascaras that have had bigger brushes but this is so fat and stubby that to get it into the roots of my lashes, even with the "card trick" it went everywhere. (Which is a problem I never have.)
Then, as it wore it moved and slid down my lashes, into all sorts of places it shouldn't have been.
Also, I have used only organic mascaras for a few years now and have never had one sting. But now I have. Once it started moving around (about 30 mins) it stung like crazy.
And on top of it...It really do do anything for my lashes. (And I have pretty great lashes.)

I strongly advise against this mascara. There are better organic ones out there for the same price.

This is a VERY natural mascara for my lashes - but I'm not really your natural mascara type of gal. I want volume and length, and this mascara just was a bit too natural for my liking. However, I know a lot of people really love this kind of mascara for everyday. For me, this isn't a mascara I would go out and re-purchase just because I prefer more va-va-voom everyday.

Available in brown (Stardust) and black (Supernova). I have the brown shade, Stardust, but it is a very dark brown and even on my lashes you couldn't really tell I had brown mascara on.

I do love the conditioning this formula provides, but there was no real lengthening and certainly no volume to it. In my before and after pics I used two coats on top and one coat on the bottom, just as I do with all mascaras that I review here on my blog. I appreciate that it went on without any clumps - keeping it looking very natural - but again, it was just a little too natural looking for my personal taste.

I'd say if you want a natural, everyday mascara that conditions your lashes and is both vegan and gluten-free, then this is the mascara for you! However, if you prefer the length and volume in a mascara then you'll want to skip this one.

I love this mascara. I've been on the hunt for the best vegan gluten free mascara and I found one! now I must say this mascara does have more of a natural finish, even with a few coats. but it goes on easy and stays strong all day. my favorite natural mascara for bold looks is the mineral fusion volume mascara, but I have to put a drop of oil in it so it's not too dry out of the tube. pacificas is plenty wet out of the tube which I love! plus pacifica is a great company.

Popular Mascaras