December 20, 2014 | 875 users online

Mascara - Pacifica - Stellar Gaze Length & Strength Mineral Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I almost did not buy this mascara because of the low ratings, but I am so glad I did. I love everything about this mascara from the affordable pirce,the packaging itself, to the big daddy of a mascara wand. I have this in stardust which is rich, milk chocolate brown. A hard to find mascara in that it is vegan, plus free of gluten, mineral oil, parabens and FD & C color. The big mega brush with the awesome coat-every-lash bristles is similar to Smashbox Full Exposure mascara wand, which I adore. This mascara wand applies easily to upper and lower lashes and I have small eyes and the big mascara brush is no problem for me. This gives me great length to my lashes. I do agree that it provides more of a natural look versus a va-voom! * here are my lashes* kind of a look. But I like that, and if I use a primer, I do get more volume. The mascara formula itself does not flake or smudge on me. Removes easily at the end of the day with my regular cleanser. I get great length from this delicious mascara. Retails for $14 but I got it on sale for $12. I like this much better than Larenim Minerallash mascara which has a clumpy formula and a puny wand.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Duster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a nice black mascara, it looked good. The brush is a little large. My problem with this was twofold; it flakes and it I had a huge problem getting if all off at night. Even resorted to an eye makeup remover but still it hung in there and I had racoon eyes in the a.m. Also NOTE i posted this review and similar rating on Pacifica site and it did not show up. Apparently the only reviews they post are positive ones. For shame.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally can work with a mascara...Flaws and all but this....Is absolutely terrible.
The packaging to ridiculous. If you have smaller eyes...forget it. I have had mascaras that have had bigger brushes but this is so fat and stubby that to get it into the roots of my lashes, even with the "card trick" it went everywhere. (Which is a problem I never have.)
Then, as it wore it moved and slid down my lashes, into all sorts of places it shouldn't have been.
Also, I have used only organic mascaras for a few years now and have never had one sting. But now I have. Once it started moving around (about 30 mins) it stung like crazy.
And on top of it...It really do do anything for my lashes. (And I have pretty great lashes.)

I strongly advise against this mascara. There are better organic ones out there for the same price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by valentinekisses

This is a VERY natural mascara for my lashes - but I'm not really your natural mascara type of gal. I want volume and length, and this mascara just was a bit too natural for my liking. However, I know a lot of people really love this kind of mascara for everyday. For me, this isn't a mascara I would go out and re-purchase just because I prefer more va-va-voom everyday.

Available in brown (Stardust) and black (Supernova). I have the brown shade, Stardust, but it is a very dark brown and even on my lashes you couldn't really tell I had brown mascara on.

I do love the conditioning this formula provides, but there was no real lengthening and certainly no volume to it. In my before and after pics I used two coats on top and one coat on the bottom, just as I do with all mascaras that I review here on my blog. I appreciate that it went on without any clumps - keeping it looking very natural - but again, it was just a little too natural looking for my personal taste.

I'd say if you want a natural, everyday mascara that conditions your lashes and is both vegan and gluten-free, then this is the mascara for you! However, if you prefer the length and volume in a mascara then you'll want to skip this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by meganhowdy

I love this mascara. I've been on the hunt for the best vegan gluten free mascara and I found one! now I must say this mascara does have more of a natural finish, even with a few coats. but it goes on easy and stays strong all day. my favorite natural mascara for bold looks is the mineral fusion volume mascara, but I have to put a drop of oil in it so it's not too dry out of the tube. pacificas is plenty wet out of the tube which I love! plus pacifica is a great company.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a natural mineral mascara "infused with coconut oil and vitamin B to hydrate each lash as it lengthens, strengthens and adds volume." I got the color Supernova, which is black. This product is 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without FD & C color, parabens, talc and mineral oil.

I really wanted to love this mascara. But it just darkened and lengthened my lashes a bit. The conditioning is nice, if it did indeed condition my lashes, but I have Dior primer for that. There was no volumizing to speak of. I don't glop my mascara on, maybe if I did I would get the volume it promises. But alas, no. This will not be my HG natural mascara, and I won't repurchase this.