Yves Rocher Sublime Skin BB Cream 6 in 1

3.1

on 2/21/2015 2:13:00 PM

I really want to give this product some love, although honestly I will not repurchase. You will likely hate it if you do not know some tips and tricks. If you squeeze it out of the package and apply it, you will probably be unhappy as it is thick and difficult to apply by itself; it will sit on your skin like you just applied glue or wallpaper spackle. The trick is to put a small amount on the back of your hand and then mix it with an equal amount of your favourite moisturizer or a non-silicone primer such as Korres Quercetin and Oak, then apply with a damp makeup sponge such as a Beauty Blender. Voilà! You will now have an airbrushed look. I do suggest a light dusting of powder, as it can look a little greasy or shiny. I have sensitive, rosacea skin and this product actually seems to help my skin. I once walked from Union Station to Bloor St in Toronto in severe wind and my skin still looked great. Now... the cons... and for me, they are insurmountable. Yves Rocher does not cater very well to Irish/Scottish shades of pale. The Fair is just too dark on me, and has a pink undertone (à la Cover Girl!). Also, it does sometimes look shiny, which I could deal with but alas, the Fair is just too dark for my ghost colouring.

on 2/23/2014 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Yves rocher BB cream is Not favorite BB cream is probably One worst Ive tried
First it doesnt Blend fast is like thick BB cream and color selection in terrible the
Medium One was very light and my skin is not very dark Ive sensitive and dry skin
this stuff just accentuate the dryness it gave matte finish is Not very hydrating this
big dowside and Yves rocher BB cream has STRONG scent lingers on my not fan
plus I find expensive for tiny bottle if youre skin is oily probably will be better but for
dry skin girls skip this BB cream .

on 1/26/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Alrighty, so to start off I want to say this isn't a bad BB cream. It has a nice light feeling when you apply it while giving pretty good coverage (redness disappears and leaves skin unified but pimples or any other bump-like things are still a little visible up close). It has a powdery smell that I personally don't mind but I guess it depends on you. The bonus for this BB cream is that it doesn't dry skin out and hydrates your skin. The downside is they only made two shades : Light and Medium. I'm lucky enough to be a close match to the Medium shade and I suppose powder could fix a slight color difference but otherwise you've got to be one of those two.

*Note I give it around a 3.5 - 4*

on 1/19/2014 4:44:00 PM

This is nice. Has an oddly nice smell about it. Not thick enough to really cover up like a foundation but gives a light coverage. Leaves skin looking healthy and dewy.

on 12/9/2013 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This would have been my HG foundation product if it didn't break me out. I tried a sample of the medium shade, coverage is very good (~medium) and the color is amazing! The medium shade is a peachy-nude instead of just nude, and this gave my skin a healthy pink glow that beats the usual ashy/pale/tanned/orange looks by other brands. I also like the fresh and uplifting scent. Just be aware, the medium shade is quite light in color, comparable with the "fair" skin tone of other products.

But this broke me out after just 6 hours, so acne-prone skin should steer clear. It is also weak in oil control, and might settle a bit into fine lines and dry skin.

on 8/23/2013 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is not a bad BB Cream in my opinion.
I use it quite often; it's got good coverage and a nice smell. It is also a pretty good moisturizer and it doesn't look cakey on my face even if I mix it with foundation.

Now what I DON'T like about it.
It literally melts on my face. After a long hot summer day, it blends with the oil and the sweat and it just starts going down my face (I must add that I DO set it with a powder). It's not very noticeable, but still embarassing; it doesn't happen every time, though.
Another thing that bothers me is that after applying it, it feels sticky, unless you set it with a powder.
You should also know that it only comes in 2 shades: light and medium, and it could be an issue for some people.

Overall, it's a pretty good BB cream, but I wish it was better. I'll try other ones too, in the future.

on 8/14/2013 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I did not care for this BB cream at all. It fails it its first task as a BB cream, which is to be an multi-purpose product - treat, cover and provide sunscreen all in one. This has 0 sunscreen. So it's not a BB cream. Why bother with a thick cream that's cakey like this one is, when you also have to wear sunscreen underneath? The color selection is terrible, they only have 2 colors - light and medium. I'm a NC30-35 and the medium is way too light and super pink for me.
This cream also has a noticeable smell which I did not care for. I was not able to use this as a foundation because it's too thick with an added sunscreen, and it's the wrong color. For a day cream, it isn't a sunscreen either. Fail.
Tossed it.