October 22, 2014 | 1694 users online

Masks - Freeman - Rose Brightening Facial Paper Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This mask wasn't terrible, it just wasn't great. The paper mask itself was way too big for my face. It didn't want to stay in place. The exfoliation was gentle. Compared to the Freeman tubes of masques, this is not cost efficient either.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jellybean709

So I've tried this mask 3 times now and I guess I'm still not certain whether it's going to be a permanent fixture in my makeup bag or not. On one hand, when I use this I do see an instant brightening effect. On the other hand, it doesn't last. Also, the packaging is weird. It's the only paper mask I've used, but it doesn't fit well on my face, and because it's so gigantic it extends onto my hairline. It feels nice to use and it's relaxing, but you only leave it on 3-5 minutes so the relaxing feeling doesn't last. I do enjoy using this before I go out in the evenings though, as I do think it gives me a nice glow. Just wish the results were more lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by kewhitaker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started hoarding these single packet Freeman and Montagne Jeunesse masks because I'd buy five or six (they were less than two dollars a piece!) every week when I went to the store. After I had a shoe box full and I was buying more than I was able to use, I decided I should probably actually start trying them out.

This one is amazing! I was pleasantly surprised by how my face felt after. At first, rubbing the remaining serum in made my face feel a bit tacky, but after it settled, my skin was soft. The packaging is inconvenient and leaked everywhere but the price makes it worth the mess. The smell isn't great but it's not too bothersome. Overall, I'll keep buying this one once I get through the others!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by deeinnocent

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The negative reviews are from the under 30yr crowd & this Freeman mask is not for you if you are. It's for dryer 30+ skin types. Very light glycolic concentration but was very nice when I used it.y skin is very tolerable of acids though. I use Retin A, have had professional peels from medi spas. Just recently had a TCA 30 peel & am still recovering. I'll continue to use the mask upon recovery , it's great for the $.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by gracy775

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This didn't cause any redness or irritation on my skin (my skin is used to peeling products or whitening products..so this was nothing) ...the packaging said to put it on only for 5-10minutes but I left it on my face for 25minutes. It really brightened up my skin when I removed it. It is quite effective and it does have a peeling effect on the skin. I've tried oh so many korean sheet masks and this Freeman's mask is as good as those popular Korean ones. I would have liked that it have more serum in it, but can't complain with the low price! Will repurcharse for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This did nothing noticeable to my skin! It left a sticky residue after rising thoroughly and I ended up having to wash my face again. Although I did not have any issues with the mask fitting my face, I think they should've made the mask's in a variety of sizes (S/M/L) instead of a one size fits all. I liked the concept though.. Too bad because I really excited to try this mask :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I don't understand the bad reviews for this mask. I used it ;last night & woke up to glowing skin in the morning. I applied my eye moisturizer & some rose hip seed oil over the top before going to bed. My skin was smooth & glowing this am. I am 32, I think this is a stronger exfoliation, so younger or sensitive skin should probably find a different mask.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by carbongrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a fan of freeman facial masks, but stay FAR AWAY from this one unless you've got tough skin. I have normal skin and this mask turned my face bright red after maybe five minutes of wear. While I was wearing the mask I didn't experience any stinging or tingling but now I look like I have a sunburn. The packaging is terrible and leaks everywhere as soon as you open it. The paper mask is very fragile and rips if you try to move it around much. The shape of the mask is also very awkward.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Ingredients from Freeman's website:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium PCA, Ascorbic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Allantoin, Pectin, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 40, (CI 16035).

I like using masks when I've been stressed or really tired and my skin needs a boost, and I especially like the paper masks (which you can make yourself using cotton sheets and dousing them in serum or a good quality alcohol-free hydrating toner) or "sleeping masks" because they are less messy and not drying like clay-based masks. This one is mostly water, niacinamide and glycerin which is good for moisturising. Some cannot tolerate niacinamide/the preservative ingredients so be careful if you are very sensitive-skinned.

I found this to be easy to apply and not messy at all - I just peeled the mask off, stuck it to my face and squeezed out the rest of the serum from the packet and applied that to my neck and a bit around my eyes. This mask has a light rosy scent that I couldn't smell after a minute. I press the mask in for a minute or so to help the serum absorb, and then go about my housework, reading or work for 10-15 minutes or so before removing the actual "paper" mask.

When I finally remove the paper, I pat in any remaining serum that's still on top of my skin. I didn't feel the need for moisturiser or anything and my skin felt very soft. I also noticed redness had gone down and my skin was no longer itchy or tight-feeling (cold weather = my skin gets much drier, I'm sure this happens to most people!). I don't need any lotions/creams after using it and my make-up applies nicely once the serum has soaked in.

Overall - yes, I would and do repurchase this. The scent was light enough that my sensitive skin and nose wasn't bothered by it, and it really perks up my skin - leaving it moist and soft. Great after a flight, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I didn't experience any irritation from this mask, it was too small to work around my face and I was afraid the serum in it would get in my eyes since the eye holes were close to covering them. It has a nice artificial rose scent but it is a bit strong. It left my face soft and didn't break me out. I have oily, sensitive skin so I am glad that I didn't get any stinging or redness. This mask is just too small to work with. Any excess serum left on your face can be patted dry easily. I will probably not buy this mask again since I like the paper masks from Montagne Jeunesse better.