November 28, 2014 | 1932 users online

Powder - Tarte - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh. Ugh. Let's go over the product claims vs reality:

"Seamlessly brush over imperfections with this waterproof, weightless powder foundation that delivers up to 12 hours of natural-looking, full coverage for a flawless, airbrushed appearance."

It is a powder. Waterproof? Not even. 12 hours? Not even one. Natural looking? Sure, it's like you have nothing on (as you don't). Full coverage? No coverage. Airbrushed? If your skin is airbrushed, sure. Otherwise this is just a joke of a product. At this price it should be amazing, but all the other mineral foundations I've tried are significantly better. If you're thinking this is like bare minerals, it's not. If you think it would cover or even anything, it won't. I even bought the "airbuki" brush to make sure I was using this right, and no, none of it works. I wish it did because the packaging is pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by poofio

I will say that I have never gotten full coverage with this foundation. And I don't think I ever will without caving and buying the airbuki. Its probably because you're supposed to pack a whole bunch of product on your face, with the ridiculously dense airbuki and the whole stick your brush in the net and apply directly to face instead of the usual swirl and tap method. With the current brush I have now, (elf flat top powder brush) I can get medium coverage, but if I try applying another layer, I get cake face.

The packaging is kinda bulky on this, but I do like the whole stopper thing. It really keeps the powder from making dust clouds everytime I open it. I don't really have an opinion on the net. It's kinda just... there. Something I do kind of worry about is how I will get the powder out once I'm 3/4 the way through.

Overall I'd probably repurchase. I really do love the look of this foundation. It's got an extremely natural finish where it really looks like skin. It does kinda bother me that I will likely need the airbuki to get full coverage, and that's just another cost I don't want to pay. Hopefully I find a cheaper alternative to that!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this product! This and a tinted moisturizer and my face looks flawless! And it doesn't break me out. i have very very sensitive skin but this product is very compatible. I am in the shade light-medium neutral.

The coverage can definitely be full. I use the real technique's expert face brush to apply. The powder is finely milled but the powder almost clings together so that the product glides onto your skin...it's not like translucent powder where the powder puffs everywhere. When I swatch on my hand there's tiny tiny little glitters, but on my face I cannot tell at all.

I have combination skin but it's been especially dry where I live so the powder foundation stays on really well. With a heavy hand it can actually look cake. However, my fool proof way is to use a dampened beauty blender and gently tap the bare wet blender onto my face. Helps the powder foundation meld in with your skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Sadly, bought and returned because it made my skin an oily mess. Also, despite trying with various brushes, I couldn't get even a medium coverage with this, which was highly disappointing to me as I've been using Bare Minerals for months and it works great for me.

Packaging is nice, but nothing amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by DrowningInEyeliner

This is actually the first Tarte product I have ever purchased, and also the first powder foundation I've ever purchased. I've always kind of avoided powder foundations, since I thought they might end up wearing off quickly or not have particularly good coverage, but this one has proved me wrong. I actually intended to buy the liquid foundation from this line, since it was recommended by one of my favourite youtubers, Bunny. However, when I went into my local Sephora and walked over to the Tarte section, I noticed the powder version, and was quite intrigued. I'm not entirely sure what came over me, but before I knew it, I was leaving the store with this product in my little Sephora bag. One of the first things that I immediately loved not just about this product, but the entire line in general, is that they had so many different shades, and they all said what skin tones they would work best for. Honestly, I kind of suck at finding my shade in makeup, and have to get an associate to match me, but the descriptive labels on these shades made choosing one a breeze. In the end I went with Fair Honey which says it's ideal for people with "fair skin with peach undertones", and it is so perfect! Although this product is a little bit more expensive than I would usually be willing to pay for a foundation (I'm used to drugstore brands, excuse my cheapskate ways) I definitely think it is worth the few extra bucks. The product goes on beautifully, blends like nothing I've ever seen, and seriously stays on FOREVER. The coverage is just slightly less than full, but it really is minimal in the difference, and most of the time I just deal with the slight imperfections. It does cover redness really well though. The one thing that I took points off for was that it can get a little cakey after the first layer. One layer is fine, but if you go back over it in certain areas to cover up, say, a blemish, it can look a little cakey. Fortunately, if you use concealer under this product, you won't need to do a double layer. Another thing that I really like about this product that I almost forgot, is the packaging! Not only does it look super cute on the outside with it's bamboo texture lid, but the actual inside is so cool! It's got this piece of stretchy net over the product, which helps to control the amount that gets on your brush. To apply, you just press your brush into the net, sweep over your face, and you're done! I will absolutely be using this product again, though I think I'll switch to the liquid version during the winter to stop my skin from drying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by TaylorSchriver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin, but I enjoy powder foundations, especially during the summer months. After testing this foundation out for a week, I'm really impressed. It gives good coverage, looks natural, and doesn't make my face look really dry and patchy. I would recommend using a brush like the ones Tarte carry or one like the sephora mineral powder brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand, seriously. It doesn't cover barely anything, why is it called "full coverage"?? If this was sold as a finishing powder or whatever, I'd probably leave a better review. Mind you, I dont even have that much to cover, only some spots, but all this powder does it to slightly even my skin tone, and that's it. It keeps my face shine-free for a long time, that's a good thing I definitely have to say about it, but I expected at least a decent coverage, so I'm totally disappointed.
And also, I can only wear it over clean / moisturised face. If I wear it over sunscreen (I've tried it over Bioré's, Skinceutical's and Vichy's sunscreens), this powder just go straight inside my pores and fine lines and make they scream "heeeey, we're here!!" - and they're definitely not visible in my bare skin! seriously, this powder over sunscreen made me see a line in my forehead I was never aware of!! Which means, I can never wear this during the day, only at night. But at night I usually prefer more coverage, which this has not at all, so... wasted money, I'm giving it away :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this because of essiebutton and missglamourazzi on youtube and I must say that I really love this. First the packaging, it's travel friendly. Second, it's amazing on your skin.
I used this on everyday basis, if I have some pimples on my skin I just used some concealer and this powder and I'm good to go. It's easy and saving a lot of time when you're getting ready. After a couple hours when this powder mixing when your skin oil wow I love the result. It's like second skin, so pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Gucciandglitter

I've used this foundation for about a year and this is a great foundation! It evens out skin tone super well. It hides acne and acne scars very well without really blocking pores. I like how it comes with a kabuki brush that really gives you the "airbrushed" yet "natural" look, and people have told me I look like I'm wearing no make up with this foundation. This foundation is long lasting, I've worn this for over 12 hours and it still looked flawless. I have acne prone, oily skin and this does tend to make my skin a bit oily by the end of the day, but all in all I'd buy this again. The only downsides I would say that this foundation has is that this foundation takes me way too long to apply. Maybe that's because I need more coverage than others but it doesn't glide on the face, and so it takes me about 5 or more minutes just to put this foundation on. Also, another downside is that this is really pricey for me. I bought this foundation for 37 dollars and then the kabuki brush for around 30 and that is a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrant

First I should say that I am very much a fan of mineral powder makeup. I don't wear any kind of liquid on my face since my face is oily. I have scleroderma, a rare skin disorder that causes large spots all over my body. That being said, this foundation covers and conceals perfectly. I should also say that I don't have any kind of acne on my face so I'm not sure how it could compare on acne prone skin but I really love thia foundation. I use it when I want more full coverage for going out or for special events. This can also be used as a concealer under the eyes by packing it on a bit heavier under the eyes. I recommend it to all my friends. The packaging is good but i don't think that it travels very well because the only thing keeping the powder in place is a net. I would choose this over BareMinerals.