February 28, 2015 | 1985 users online

Powder - Tarte - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2015 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Chantallalonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this product. I do think it has good coverage and it can be build-able, but it made my face look so powdery and cakey. I have normal to dry skin. So maybe that is why? But I really want this product to work so I continue to use it in hopes of magic one day. But I think I'm going to stop using it. What a shame..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2015 4:32:00 AM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very disappointed in this because the name markets this powder as FULL COVERAGE. It's light coverage and buildable to a medium coverage. Which wouldn't even bother me EXCEPT the fact that all the glitter in this product is packed on 2x more. I bought a shade that sephora claimed was neutral but once I tried it on, it was extremely warm. Almost a reddish pink color. I couldn't even wear this out :/ I had to wash it off because it was clearly different from my neck and chest. If you have decent skin and only need concealer and a dusting of powder I would suggest this. If you can find the right shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2015 4:57:00 AM More reviews by LABeautyGal

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really wanted to like this foundation as I am a huge Tarte fan. After using it for 3 months, I found that I really needed to put a lot of product on my Kabuki brush to get any sort of coverage. (I didn't buy the brush that goes with this). I also tried applying it with elf's flat top brush and it looked way too cakey. It didn't really control oil nor did it cover pores. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2015 11:03:00 PM More reviews by alyssaann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This foundation did not work with my skin because it did not absorb the oil. It went on pretty smooth and looked good for the first hour, but eventually (especially in the heat), it would break apart on my skin and I would become very shiny. This is definitely a foundation for people who do not have oily skin. Also, it is not full coverage unless you build the product quite a bit and then you end up looking cakey.

The packaging was actually very nice, it had a little mesh piece over the loose powder part so that it would not get all over the place. In general, it's not really travel friendly because the container is big and it's a loose powder, and that's unfortunate because this foundations does require touch-ups.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I kind of wish I had returned this foundation... It is definitely not the right foundation for me.

Good:
- lasts a long time without shine
- good coverage for a powder
- nice packaging
- easy to apply

Bad:
- very matte
- does not look natural on my skin

I have dry skin that does not need much coverage... so it was really not a good decision for me to buy this foundation. I think for people who have oily skin this might be wonderful. I have heard people say that when they first put the foundation on it looks too matte but within an hour it mixes with the natural oils of their skin and becomes beautiful. However since my skin produces practically no oil it just continues to look really matte and unnatural all day. So again if you have dry skin don't bother trying this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh. Ugh. Let's go over the product claims vs reality:

"Seamlessly brush over imperfections with this waterproof, weightless powder foundation that delivers up to 12 hours of natural-looking, full coverage for a flawless, airbrushed appearance."

It is a powder. Waterproof? Not even. 12 hours? Not even one. Natural looking? Sure, it's like you have nothing on (as you don't). Full coverage? No coverage. Airbrushed? If your skin is airbrushed, sure. Otherwise this is just a joke of a product. At this price it should be amazing, but all the other mineral foundations I've tried are significantly better. If you're thinking this is like bare minerals, it's not. If you think it would cover or even anything, it won't. I even bought the "airbuki" brush to make sure I was using this right, and no, none of it works. I wish it did because the packaging is pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by poofio

I will say that I have never gotten full coverage with this foundation. And I don't think I ever will without caving and buying the airbuki. Its probably because you're supposed to pack a whole bunch of product on your face, with the ridiculously dense airbuki and the whole stick your brush in the net and apply directly to face instead of the usual swirl and tap method. With the current brush I have now, (elf flat top powder brush) I can get medium coverage, but if I try applying another layer, I get cake face.

The packaging is kinda bulky on this, but I do like the whole stopper thing. It really keeps the powder from making dust clouds everytime I open it. I don't really have an opinion on the net. It's kinda just... there. Something I do kind of worry about is how I will get the powder out once I'm 3/4 the way through.

Overall I'd probably repurchase. I really do love the look of this foundation. It's got an extremely natural finish where it really looks like skin. It does kinda bother me that I will likely need the airbuki to get full coverage, and that's just another cost I don't want to pay. Hopefully I find a cheaper alternative to that!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product! This and a tinted moisturizer and my face looks flawless! And it doesn't break me out. i have very very sensitive skin but this product is very compatible. I am in the shade light-medium neutral.

The coverage can definitely be full. I use the real technique's expert face brush to apply. The powder is finely milled but the powder almost clings together so that the product glides onto your skin...it's not like translucent powder where the powder puffs everywhere. When I swatch on my hand there's tiny tiny little glitters, but on my face I cannot tell at all.

I have combination skin but it's been especially dry where I live so the powder foundation stays on really well. With a heavy hand it can actually look cake. However, my fool proof way is to use a dampened beauty blender and gently tap the bare wet blender onto my face. Helps the powder foundation meld in with your skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Sadly, bought and returned because it made my skin an oily mess. Also, despite trying with various brushes, I couldn't get even a medium coverage with this, which was highly disappointing to me as I've been using Bare Minerals for months and it works great for me.

Packaging is nice, but nothing amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by DrowningInEyeliner

This is actually the first Tarte product I have ever purchased, and also the first powder foundation I've ever purchased. I've always kind of avoided powder foundations, since I thought they might end up wearing off quickly or not have particularly good coverage, but this one has proved me wrong. I actually intended to buy the liquid foundation from this line, since it was recommended by one of my favourite youtubers, Bunny. However, when I went into my local Sephora and walked over to the Tarte section, I noticed the powder version, and was quite intrigued. I'm not entirely sure what came over me, but before I knew it, I was leaving the store with this product in my little Sephora bag. One of the first things that I immediately loved not just about this product, but the entire line in general, is that they had so many different shades, and they all said what skin tones they would work best for. Honestly, I kind of suck at finding my shade in makeup, and have to get an associate to match me, but the descriptive labels on these shades made choosing one a breeze. In the end I went with Fair Honey which says it's ideal for people with "fair skin with peach undertones", and it is so perfect! Although this product is a little bit more expensive than I would usually be willing to pay for a foundation (I'm used to drugstore brands, excuse my cheapskate ways) I definitely think it is worth the few extra bucks. The product goes on beautifully, blends like nothing I've ever seen, and seriously stays on FOREVER. The coverage is just slightly less than full, but it really is minimal in the difference, and most of the time I just deal with the slight imperfections. It does cover redness really well though. The one thing that I took points off for was that it can get a little cakey after the first layer. One layer is fine, but if you go back over it in certain areas to cover up, say, a blemish, it can look a little cakey. Fortunately, if you use concealer under this product, you won't need to do a double layer. Another thing that I really like about this product that I almost forgot, is the packaging! Not only does it look super cute on the outside with it's bamboo texture lid, but the actual inside is so cool! It's got this piece of stretchy net over the product, which helps to control the amount that gets on your brush. To apply, you just press your brush into the net, sweep over your face, and you're done! I will absolutely be using this product again, though I think I'll switch to the liquid version during the winter to stop my skin from drying out.