Clarins Active Face Wash

4.4

Aqua (Water), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauramide Mipa, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Dimethicone, Parfum (Fragrance), Cetearyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyisopropanol, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Citric Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Extract, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Hierochloe Odorata Extract, Grindellia Robusta Extract, Alpinia Officinarum Root Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Disodium Edta, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Bht, Limonene, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Ci 60730 (Ext. Violet 2), Ci 42090 (Blue 1)

on 10/20/2013 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Cleanses incredibly well, skin feels clean and fresh. Love the smell of it. Use this in the morning as a morning facial cleanser, although it contains SLS, which others may avoid but I have no problem with it.

on 1/18/2010 9:37:00 AM

This face wash is a tricky one. This is around 14-18 for 125ml.
It annoys me that it's difficult to find the full list of ingredients not just the so called "Active" ones. I would write it all out, but the list is huge.

Bad Points- The liquid is slightly blue much like the rest of the Clarins Men skincare line. I hate this as it has no benefits to your skin whatsoever- I'm guessing it's meant to make it more 'masculine' which is just stupid marketing for you.
Another annoying thing about the face wash is it does not foam efficiently. However, this wouldn't bother me EXCEPT that the second ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) which can be harsh on the skin but makes a good foamer - except in this case it doesn't. Weird and annoying to have a harsh chemical as the second ingredient that doesn't even do it's job. Also, straight after rinsing and patting dry my face always feels very sticky but...

Good Points- after patting dry the sticky feeling eventually disappears (after say 5-10 minutes) and my skin feels very soft and clean. Not too tight either. I also like the consistency, it feels good on the skin although I find I need to keep adding water as it dries out pretty fast. Even though it has a very slight twinge of that chemical soapy smell, overall it smells nice and clean. It also contains a fair amount of natural plant extracts as with all Clarins products which I always love - however these are pretty far down the list of ingredients so it doesn't contain much of them. This product also lasts a long long time as you don't need to use too much which is always great when it's fairly expensive.

I've been using this fairly regularly for a few months, my skin hasn't showed massive improvement although this has been difficult to judge as I've been on acne medication.
I don't feel that it breaks me out which is a good thing, and the immediate results are pretty good.

Still haven't found my perfect cleanser yet...

on 7/20/2006 4:39:00 PM

ClarinsMen is an excellent skin care line. I switched from Biotherm Homme, and am very glad I made the switch indeed. Clarins creates a far superior product, in my opinion. ClarinsMen Active Face Wash is gentle yet extremely effective on my skin (which is combo). I also use their exfoliating scrub, which is fantastic.

HIGHLY recommended.

on 4/1/2006 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have no idea why there are claims that this facial wash foams well; in fact, it foams so little, its similar to the gentle foaming cleanser (I've tried that too).

Although it doesn't foam well, it cleanses terribly well. It has a nice scent, and it leaves the skin balanced.

on 12/15/2004 8:12:00 AM

My hubby loves this cleanse. The just bought his 3rd tube. He don't spend much on faical wash, but after using this he is willing to spend $38 for a cleanser. 1 tube can last for 9 months to a year.

on 12/11/2002 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample of this with my Gloss.com order and I gave it to my boyfriend so that he could test it out. He really liked it and I felt his face after he washed it and it was nice and soft!

on 11/4/2002 5:33:00 PM

My husband likes it. Nice citrisy fragrance. Says it leaves his face a little tight now that the weather is colder, but uses the moisture gel right after to fix that. Both items combined has improved the texture of his skin. Very soft and clear. Bought the starter set from Gloss.com which includes full-size Active Wash and Moisture Gel along with travel size shampoo and Fatigue Fighter in nice blue travel bag. $28.50. Great deal.

Popular Men's Products