Too Faced Too Faced better Than Sex Mascara

3.5

on 2/25/2015 6:36:00 PM

I got this mascara in Sephora's sampler box. I've been wearing it for a couple days now and must say its "meh". I've had mild raccoon eyes by the end of the past couple days. It's not the worst but by far not the best.

on 2/24/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this mascara for 4 months now and I find it average.
It does provide a nice touch, the eyelashes are defined, longue and with a bit of volume. The brush is ok, but you have to be handy to separate the lashes, because the first layer will stick them together.
I didn't like the fact that it smudges quickly, after 1-2 hours. I found black particles of mascara underneath the eye and above, on the arcade.

Overall it is an average mascara, beneath my all times favorite Max Factor's False lash effect and double the price. So I think I'll drop it and buy my False lash effect again.

on 2/22/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Sucks, that's all I have to say. I was really excited to get this and it was a total dissapointment. Clump city!!!! I'll stick to my l'oreal and Maybelline and save 40 bucks. I will be returning this product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The perfect mascara that can do both big, dramatic night out lashes easily, as well as naturally full daytime lashes. A must have.

This stuff sucks! Way too clumpy a lot of products comes out on wand and it doesn't go on evenly. I feel like I had spider leg eyes. And the price of this is not cheap for a mascara.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Since I was running low on my Maybelline Lash Sensational, I bought a mini-tube of BTS as a bridge to BeneFit Roller Lash, which has been killing me softly since word hit the streets.

Let's get the obvious out of the way first: "Better Than Sex" is a weirdly nonspecific claim. I guess if you're asexual, or a prude, or saddled with an incompetent partner, then the product name itself is going to resonate a lot more with you.

Moving along, I don't typically spend a lot of money on mascara, but at the same time, I'm hella picky about it. I probably wouldn't be so picky if my lashes weren't a bit rubbish, but they are, so I am. This one is, for the most part, impressive. They don't get much blacker than BTS, so I have to give it a thumbs up for its shamelessly unnatural pitch-darkness (which seems completely disinclined to irritate my eyes), and two light coats crank the volume way past eleven. Even the dented soup can of a brush, which was what kept me off the bandwagon for so long, isn't that bad.

But hold your applause, because it does fall short on two attributes. A] it doesn't lengthen worth a chainsaw, and B] it drops curl from your lashes quicker than a coat of cement. This seems to be the case with a lot of collagen-infused formulas--maybe if they could find a way to whip that stuff into a lighter texture somehow, like cream cheese or frosting or egg whites, we'd have a revolution on our hands.

Nevertheless, it gets an A- for telling the less-is-more demographic to stay in their lane and aiming straight for the hearts of the high-maintenance, with no apologies on the side.

on 2/18/2015 5:42:00 AM

I love how this mascara makes my lashes look. It gives them tons of volume and drama, which was the result I was hoping for. The overall effect is fabulous, this makes my lashes look full and sexy and PLUSH.
Unfortunately though, this mascara is extremely smudgy. Even with lash primer underneath. That is a mascara dealbreaker for me. As much as I love the way it looks, I wouldn't buy this again.

on 2/17/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After all the glowing reviews for this mascara, I was beyond bummed when I tried it for the first time. The wand is WAY too big, which makes it unwieldy to apply; the contours of the wand are useless, as it's far too long. Thick, gloopy and way too much productójust cakes onto my lashes (which are naturally on the long side, so I'm not really sure WHO this product works one!). I find the best results come from a more precise, controlled application, and this one is just a big old mess. The quest continues!

on 2/16/2015 12:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pros: Packaging, hefty Cons: Thick, gloopy, clumps, I prefer plastic wands over fiber wands

on 2/15/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was definitely one of my favorites I've used. The way it first goes on it amazing, leaving my eyelashes so full! The bad thing for me though was the way it rubbed off..it would be above and below my eyes making me have to constantly clean it up even though I'd only had it on for a few hours. A little flaking too but not that bad. As much as I love it, I won't buy this again because of the way it comes off, too much work to periodically check if I have black stuff around my eyes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials