Too Faced Too Faced better Than Sex Mascara

3.4

on 4/18/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I've been wearing MUFE smokey lash forever and was looking for a change, I had the benefit curling lash mascara in my hand but the sales associate told me if I like full lashes to try Better Than Sex instead. I'm really glad I did, it's just as good as MUFE maybe even a little better.I love thick dark mascara and this stuff is good.

on 4/18/2015 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one I don't dislike, but I don't think it's that special and certainly not better than . . . . you know. Anywho, the packaging is adorable and I love the pretty pink tube. Marketing certainly earned their money on this one. This product goes on thicker than what I generally prefer and it is very bold. Because of that I feel it's better suited for the night a night on the town look vs everyday or work wear. The brush is OK, but nothing others can't rival or even beat. Again, I just love that the tube is pink and oh so cute.

on 4/13/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Too bad this isn't waterproof!! I don't normally fool w non-waterproof mascara but this is about my fave non-waterproof mascara (besides benefit). I just adore it. I don't really like "saucy" names for makeup (eg Nars, Too Faced, UD...), I got this in the "Sex & Chocolate" set which comes w a smaller-than-full-retail mini mascara & bronzer. Love the set, gr8 way to spend only $15 & I don't need a full sized mascara if imma throw it away in just a few precious months! I wanted to get the Chocolate Bar but I'm on the fence about which one so I ordered the Morphe JH Faves but idk how much this mascara is at full retail I mean I kno it's not cheap ($49 chocolate bar palette is a lot of $ so I'd expect this mascara to be >$20) but at $15 is a good deal when they throw in the bronzer but >$20 I would not buy it unless they come out w waterproof. TF makes good quality products but as my work horse mascara I will stick to my elf $3 studio waterproof mascara coz I find that waterproof versions hold curl much better & don't give me the pandas. "Better than sex?" Most def!!

on 4/12/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

like this is my favorite mascara ever.. i love it...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The best mascara ever. The end.

No but seriously. It's pretty much better than sex, or a close second ;) I love this mascara so much, in every single way!
I have pretty long lashes as is, so I don't know how this would go on very short lashes, but for me, it's absolutely ah-may-zzziiiiing. I can't rate it high enough. I love everything about Too Faced, the packaging, the cruelty free policy, and most of the all THE PRODUCT QUALITY. It's true that this mascara can go on quite clumpy, and the first few times you use it there will be SO much product on the brush, but it's easily fixable with a eyelash comb/clean spooly/other mascara brush that's good at separation. I usually wear falsies on my top lashes so having semi clumped mascara on the top doesn't really bother me as they get blended into my falsies anyway, but if I didn't wear false lashes I'd still be all for this mascara. It does everything it says it will, and like I said, it's prettttty close to being better than sex. And the silver medal goes to!!..... *drumroll*
I only apply one or two light coats of this mascara, never 3 like Too Faced suggests, I did the first time using it, and while I was very impressed, it was a touch too clumpy for me, I fixed it with a clean spooly however and was good to go! What I'm really impressed with when it comes to this mascara is how it makes my bottom lashes look, they look like dolls lashes, and when used with a doll like pair of falsies I literally have dolly eyes and I'm in lurrrrrrrrrrve. After I apply a coat to my top lashes I use the left overs on my bottom lashes, and the effect is phenomenal. I never want to run out of this mascara. Buy it. Support a cruelty free company, and get an awesome tube of mascara that is packaged beautifully.

on 4/1/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I am so glad this is a GWP. I have to control myself so my review won't be flagged but all I have to say is this the most over-hyped and lame mascara I have ever used. It is too wet. Kind of like a kiss from a nerd who has never kissed anything but the back of his hand or his gramma....I will stick to my Jordana Best Lash Extreme with the purple writing on it! 2.97 vs 23.00 that's a 20.00 savings baby!

on 3/31/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was excited when this came as a gift with purchase, since it had such amazing reviews. I tried to like it, but couldn't. It is very clumpy and wet and flakes like crazy. It made my lashes stick together in the worst way. The only plus is thay I didn't actually buy it.

on 3/31/2015 4:17:00 PM

This is an amazing mascara ! it gives lenght and volume, it separate and define the lashes so well and it makes them look very long !
I wish there was a waterproof version of this because I have very watery eyes and this mascara it's not long lasting

on 3/30/2015 11:48:00 PM

I love too faced products and I really love the way this makes my lashes look; however it flakes so bad that by the end of the day I look like a panda. I won't be repurchasing as I have had better results with drugstore mascara and YSL babydoll.

on 3/29/2015 12:10:00 PM

I bought this in a package that came with eye shadow primer, and for $20 I was very disappointing with the size of the mascara tube, considering I recently bought something from Urban Decay (for the same price) that came with eye shadow primer, a full sized eye line, as well as a full eye shadow pallet.
Anyway, the main issue with this mascara is that its very, very wet, It is impossible to avoid the mascara smudging while applying it, and it also makes my eyelashes stick together.
That being said, the mascara makes my eyelashes very long, dark, and thick, and even if your lashes stick together you can brush through them with an eyelash brush to help separate them.
Overall, I would buy it again, but I feel like I can find a mascara with the same results that won't smudge as much.
One other comment I have is the wand has a shape that I'm not fond of, but maybe that's just me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials