Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.4

on 8/1/2015 9:23:00 AM

I wanted to love this so much!! This applies really clumpy to my lashes, so much so that I need to have a spare mascara wand to tease through my lashes after so that they aren't all smushed together into one lash. It gives good length and makes the lashes really black. It's good if you want dramatic lashes, but it's high maintenance, and I'm sure there's better products on the market that does the same thing but better!

on 7/31/2015 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had really high hopes for this mascara, but I was pretty disappointed by it. I received it as a gift in the Sephora lash collection, so it's a smaller tube, but I've been testing it out every now and then and trying to give it another go but it keeps falling short of my expectations.

This mascara flakes badly on me, and even after just applying it I always find small black flakes all over my cheeks from this mascara. They wipe away without problem, but it's just annoying, especially when my cheeks are already done.

I adore what this does for my lashes. It makes them long and look fluffy without clumping or looking spidery. I apply two or three coats depending on how I feel about my lashes that day. I curl my lashes with my Shu Uemura curler first, and the first coat I apply adds length and makes my lashes look black. The second coat, which I apply right after applying one coat on each eye, adds more volume and continues to length my lashes a bit. If I want extra drama, I just throw on a third coat and I'm good. If my lashes droop, which is highly likely considering my lashes are naturally straight, I just wait for it to dry pretty much completely and then curl them again, which always makes sure that the curl stays for at least an hour.

After a few hours, I always find black smudges all over my lower lashline, even when I don't use this on my lower lashes. The time it takes for the mascara to do this varies depending on what I do, but it will always smudge eventually. (i.e. if it's hot and I'm sweating, it'll take at most two hours, but if I'm not doing anything, then I could go three hours without smudges.)

All in all, I love what this does for my lashes, but I wish it had more lasting power and didn't flake or smudge (the flaking and smudging is what takes it from a 5 to a 3). I top it off with a waterproof mascara (Maybelline Volum Express Pumped Up Colossal mascara in the waterproof formula) to prevent too much flaking.

on 7/30/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This mascara is too expensive to be average but, sadly, it's just average. I like how it looks with a bare eye better but that might just be me. It's just nothing special and not worth the price for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product after several reviews and tutorials on YouTube. I bought this product at Ulta for about $32 or so. This mascara is (hands down) the best mascara I have ever used. It makes my lashes defined, lengthens them, and makes then look fuller overall. There's no clumps and it doesn't irritate my eyes like some mascaras do. This is a pricey mascara, but in the end, it works extremely well. It saves you from having to try to find the best mascara. In my opinion, this is one of the best products you could have in your make up bag. 10/10!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is so clumpy! The formula is way too wet for my liking. I was super disappointed because everybody on YouTube raves about this. It was clumpy, flaky, and doesn't hold a curl. The packing is way too heavy as well.

on 7/20/2015 12:48:00 PM

I love the way this mascara looks! Super long fluttery lashes. Amazing. But it doesn't last as long as my favorite benefit They're Real mascara. It smudges by the end of the day and doesn't hold a curl. Still a gorgeous mascara though.

on 7/20/2015 12:17:00 AM

This was another of the 5 deluxe samples I got in the Sephora Lash Stash kit and I was really excited to try it since I'd heard great things about it. What a let down! The formula was horrible, it clumped and literally coated my lashes to where they were heavy feeling! Even a lash comb couldn't get the clumps out. I was very disappointed. Glad I didn't waste my money on a full size!

on 7/18/2015 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Another favorite, I use this on rainy days as it's not very good in the sun it kind of melts off. Not good with a heated curler either.

on 7/17/2015 8:13:00 PM

This is a beautiful mascara, the wand is big and hourglass shaped and holds a good amount of product. The effect it gives your lashes is pretty much as good as the package claims. I have been on the lookout for the 'perfect' mascara for a long time and I believe I have found it. Now that being said this formula takes a bit of getting used to. If you go in with a really heavy hand it will clump and look horrible but if you go in and wiggle it up your lashes it works a lot better. It takes a few goes to perfect the application especially because the brush is a lot bigger than any of the drug store brands I am used to. I have not experienced any 'panda eyes' or any fallout from this product and I find the removal process very easy even after a full 11 hour working day of wearing it. I think it is worth the money and the effort you have to put in learning how to apply it so it doesn't clump. It lengthens and gives volume.

on 7/15/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

honestly this is probably the worst mascara I ever tried. I had high hopes for this. everyone is raving about this mascara and I thought it was the new best thing. I was wrong. the girl who worked at sephora convinced me to buy it saying it was the best selling mascara and it's so good etc. first of all, it clumps your lashes like CRAZY. it flakes non stop. it DOESNT hold any curl. it's super wet and takes a long time to dry. it's not lengthening, it's more clumpy than anything. regret buying this product 100%

Video Reviews & Tutorials