December 22, 2014 | 1044 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is another foundation I tried solely because I'm pale as hell (N5-ish), and I'm desperate for any foundation that MIGHT match.

As far as color, I'm pleasantly surprised. It's still a bit to dark for me, but the undertones work nicely with mine (very pink), and it is very pale. I'd say it's probably around NW10 in MAC?

The packaging is a little cheap, but I do like that it comes in stick form, which is very convenient for travel or just being on the go in general.

I'm not sure why, but the couple of times I've tried this foundation, it hasn't been remotely full coverage for me. I honestly get more coverage out of my bb cream than this (Skin79 green label), which is super weird for a cream foundation. This wouldn't be an issue for anyone who didn't really have anything to hide, but for people like me (with hyperpigmentation from acne and some active blemishes), it just isn't good.

On the other hand, the formula does blend nicely with my skin, and wears pretty well (I haven't tested it in crazy heat/humidity yet), and it hasn't broken me out. Also, it hasn't oxidized! this is a big deal for me, since in my experience, most drugstore foundations oxidize terribly on me, and I end up with orange face later in the day.

Overall, this is a decent foundation option for pink undertoned pale people who don't have a lot to hide, and want something you can throw in your bag and go. It's certainly not HG for me, but it's not a bad option in a pinch.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

I really, really wanted to like this but there were multiple problems. First of all the actual stick is too fat, making it hard to get precise lines for foundation application or contouring. Second of all it was too opaque. It didn't look natural. It looked as if it was just sitting on top of the skin. It also dried (after it felt like forever!) to a chalky, inconsistent color. I really disliked this product but clearly it works for some people I guess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I like the idea of this product but it falls short on the coverage and quality. It is VERY sheer and not too buildable, has a semi-matte finish turning into a slightly powdery texture when dry. It does cover redness but not pigmentation or scarring. I find its easy to blend, but you need to work fast because it dries quickly. You don't get a lot of product and I finished this tube very quickly. It's marketed for combo/oily skin types, but it wears off around the nose and T-Zone. I would only recommend it if you have good skin or prefer a light coverage look, and avoid this completely if you have extremely oily skin because I guarantee you'll be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the way I like to put foundation on. I love stick foundations and this is a great formula. I'm in the shade 240 Golden Beige and I apply it with real Techniques expert face brush.

At first it looks like it's going to be too orange, but when it blends it turns into a more natural beige tone with warm undertones. I recommend this to people who don't like a full liquid foundation, but need more coverage than just a tinted moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by remm022

I found this product to look really cakey. The coverage was okay, you had to build it up to cover acne scars and what not, but by that point it looked really unnatural. Overall, i think it made my skin look old, i'm talking about wrinkly old especially around the mouth area. It definitely has a matte finish but it doesn't last even with a setting powder. it also accentuated my pores and it clung to little bumps/pimples in a very odd and unflattering way. I like the packaging, it was definitely mess free and easy to carry around. Overall, i would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hesitated sooo much before getting this because of the mediocre reviews and being unsure of what color I wanted. But I finally went for it since my old brand was disc/t (and kind of the wrong color anyway). I wanted to try 125 but it was impossible to find so I went with the 115.

I'm glad but I'm actually pleasantly surprised! I find it goes on well and stays pretty decently. I didn't have patchyness problems, which is amazing since I use stick foundation but not quite all over, and then powder foundation over it. So basically, I don't even apply it evenly but it still doesn't get blotchy on me. Yes, it's not the thickest of coverage, it is a little sheer, but I find it works. If I need a bit more coverage in some areas I just add extra concealer underneath. Maybe if people over do the layers it could end up patchy. It has a nice consistancy and just enough weight where it smooths out the little issues but doesn't run or just rinse off at the end of the night without cleanser. It kind of stays where you put it. I'm not oily so I can't speak for the shine reduction, but the finish is pretty nice, almost powdery. I don't feel too dry or clogged at all from it so far.

I got mine with two CVS coupons so I paid like $2 but I always look for sales. Overall, Maybelline isn't my *favorite* brand in general, but I am liking this well enough so far. I also bought the Nyx foundation stick at the same time and I might like this more as that one seems to be pulling yellow on me and a bit harder to blend, but I have to use them more to be sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by adg1216

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love love love this product. I use almost everyday and it last me all day. It's super bendable and easy to apply, whether it's with a blender sponge (my preference) or with brush. The coverage is so great I don't have to use much concealer to cover my problem areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by hbkd

This is a great concealer, especially under the eyes! However, it definitely clogs your pores. But the colors are nice and it's easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Use this on my days with almost clear skin due to fact that it doesn't have good coverage on those types of month .. I like how it does what it says and doesn't leave shine residue and I can use it as it matches my skin , I got mines in the color sand and amazingly I don't have to mix with other foundation . When it goes on sale is when I get them just in case they run out . I like how it stays matte and doesn't cause me to blot the skin . it has lasted me 13 hrs of wear without reapplying .

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by kanovacane

This product is like a sucky concealer stick. Not very blendable or buildable... very sheer, light coverage. Too much work to build up to medium and full .. very blochy at that point. I got this in natural beige (nc25-30) and TOFEE (for the Kim K. contour) i use this before power on the sides of my nose. Just so that I dont feel guilty wasting money. I WILL NOT BUY THIS AGAIN. NOT IMPRESSED.