March 2, 2015 | 1971 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2015 9:58:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I kept this around thinking I could use it on days when I needed to do my makeup quick and get out the door for some quick errands. But every time I try to use this, I take more time, not less. It's a bit difficult to blend, even over a moisturized face. No matter how I try to smooth it over my face, the coverage looks uneven. It catches on dry, flaky areas of my face that I didn't even know were there. Aside from taking the extra time to wash my makeup off, exfoliate, moisturize and pick a different foundation, I don't know how to fix that problem when I have it. It does seem to cake up in my pores, which is more noticeable since I picked the color I wish I was, rather than the color I actually am. 110 is decently light, so I would give one lippie for that. The final issue is with the primer and "shine free" claim. Sure, this foundation stick applies kinda smoothly to your face. But in three hours, all the coverage on your nose and other oily areas is gone. Poof. Coverage is ok, but that isn't enough to save this for me. I hate being wasteful, but this is going into the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2015 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Amandyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so excited when I first bought this. As someone with very fair skin, it is a constant battle to find something light enough and when I bought this I thought my search was over. Their lightest shade, 110 was nearly light enough and the undertone was very neutral, a rare thing in pale colors. It has a wonderful, silky texture on the skin and feels very light. Unfortunately if you are looking for a foundation that lasts long this is definitely not the one for you especially if you have oily skin. After about 3 hours this foundation was slipping off my face even with a primer. It became very oily on my nose and didn't look good at all. I don’t like the packaging either, I find the stick concept very unhygienic.
At least it was pretty cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2015 1:54:00 PM More reviews by cadubois4

I grabbed the darkest and the lightest colors of this product to use for highlighting and contouring. The lightest color does a perfect highlight - I love that it's a perfect matte vanilla color with no shimmer or sparkle. It goes on smoothly and blends out really nicely. It doesn't crease under the eyes and holds up really well. I use the darkest color as a contour (cheekbones, jawline, hairline, temples), and it blends out really nicely. It's a tad orangey; I'm looking for something with a bit more grey in it so I'm not sure how much more frequently I'll use the darkest color to contour, but the lightest color is staying in my makeup bag for sure.

I use a primer and a makeup sealer (Too Faced Primed and Poreless and Ben Nye Final Seal) with this and am very happy with the results - makeup lasts well over 12 hours with no creasing, no shine, etc, and I have oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2015 7:32:00 AM More reviews by erthendrick

I love using this foundation when I am running late or feeling lazy to do make up. I apply the stick directly to my face and blend out with real techniques expert face brush. It gives me a nice, light coverage. It is very creamy and blendable. It initially applies as matte but ends up a bit oily by the end of the day. Does not last either without a powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2015 10:34:00 PM More reviews by msmocha30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have oily skin, don't buy this product. Does it go on matte? Yes? Does it stay matte? Nope. I bought shade 355 and it was still a little light but I am a blending master :-)
The packaging is ok. I so wanted to like this because it is a stick, This will go in my travel makeup kit. If I leave it at a hotel by accident, I won't be mad at all.

For reference I am NW45 in MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2015 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Slbeauty

I bought this at walmart for $7. i actually really like this, it glides on smoothly. I tried it with my hands and a buffing brush, i really liked both ways. I have very oily skin and it held up pretty good along with a primer. Ill def be using this if i;m in a rush and looking for a quick fix!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2015 10:43:00 PM More reviews by shelbyfgibson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of the stick which is why I gave the packaging a four and it's inexpensive which is why I gave the price a four but on the other hand as a full face foundation it's horrible. It begins to look cakey if you try to get any coverage because the coverage is horrible, sometimes I use it on small blemishes because it can cover them but I pair it with covergirl ready set gorgeous for blemishes, neither have full coverage but mixed they work already if your skin isn't too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2015 9:36:00 PM More reviews by incurrents

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the definition of awful. If you have oily skin, stay away from it. After like a couple of hours, it made my skin look disgusting and even oilier than before and if I touched my face, it would come off orange. People have been saying good things about the fit me matte and poreless that just came out, but this was so bad it scared me away from trying that.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 11:57:00 PM More reviews by makeup4ever15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this! Its great, quick, easy, creamy, blendable. It gives medium coverage for me. It's a life saver when I just need something quick, or need a touch up! Also, buy it in a shade 3 or 4 shades darker, great cream contour!! Also, these tubes last me a Long time, I don't run out very quickly! Will repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2015 11:09:00 AM More reviews by msgreason

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The product has light to medium coverage comes off easily must use a powder to set and a little greasy for my skin type