November 22, 2014 | 1923 users online

BB Cream - TheFACEShop - Color Control CC Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by xchococatx

When I read the amazing reviews on MUA, I immediately bought this product duh! haha. It's actually QUITE pricey for a CC cream but I don't blame them because there is a lot in the packaging with the whole press and squirt + puff. At first, I REALLY liked this cc cream but I've known that I need to try stuff out for about 2 weeks to know if its truly GOOD. I'm afraid lots of people here on MUA probably loved the results they got after immediately wearing it for like 3 hours or something but...I've tested it for a while and it's not all that great =/

Pros:
-great coverage
-the "perfect makeup" look (if you're going for that. but I'm not, I wanted something natural)
-best pore filler EVER, made my pores look INVISIBLE compared to all my other korean bb creams (and believe me i have A LOT)
-cute packaging
-innovative "cusion" design

Cons:
-SO DAMN OILY after 4 hours. I would NOT recommend this even if you had combination skin type. This is only good for DRY skinned people.
-SO greasy and thick after applying immediately. Really gross feeling! Felt like I was about to bring on a slew of pimples and I was right.
-********BROKE ME OUT***************** after 3 days use and I'm STILL*** trying to recover after 1 month from the acne all over my cheeks. As SOON as I stopped using this, my skin got a bit better and I realized the cc cream was breaking me out
-Really unnatural looking. I thought the whole point of CC creams was that it was lightweight and natural? This stuff is thicker than most of my BB creams =_=

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I adore and hate this CC cream. I saw the great reviews of this product and ran out to get it.
On first impression, the packaging is simple, cute and a little chunky, but I don't mind at all. I have never encountered a BB or CC cream that could last a reasonable amount of time on my skin without looking like a hot mess. The AURA CC cream has great coverage that seems to minimize the appearance of pimples and dark pigmentation and has this glow that makes the skin look like healthy skin. I like to mix this with a foundation to extend the longevity that it stays on my skin. There is transfer when I go in to blot my face. I would say it stays great for 4 hours, and then it slows starts to be blotted away, but it still looks fine! Now, I notice that when I wear this, the first day, I start to have small white heads here and there. The second day, it gets worse, and then I stop. I repeat this cycle, as I love the look of it but it seems to be breaking me out. I am not 100% yet but I'll keep trying. I think it's the silicones :/

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This CC cream has a beautiful semi-matte finish (or is at least much less dewy than most Korean base products I've used) and stays that way all day. My only real problem with it is transferring. I wear glasses, and the base on my nose is constantly getting mussed up. I also turn my phone totally beige if I use it while wearing this. It generally feels like it never really "sinks in," but i like it a lot anyway and would recommend shade #1 Radiant Beige to other fair people.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Josiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was the first ever Korean CC cream I've tried. I had quite high hopes for this, but I was left disappointed. First off, they don't have a ton of colours. I think they only have two. I went with the 2nd shade, which was supposed to be the darker one, and it just almost matched my skin tone but it was too light still.

Didn't really love the packaging either, it came with a sponge thing that you were supposed to use to apply the product, but it disturbs me that you just put it back in after it touched your face.

The product itself was okay. My skin when I first used it was on the dry side for some odd reason, but sweet mother of mercy, it did not make my skin look any better. It accentuated my dry spots, and looked really cakey. If you have dry skin, you MUST use a good moisturizer before, or else it will not look good.

The texture of it was quite thick too, using the sponge would be your safest bet because I tried using my hands once and it wasn't fun. The finish is really nice though, it makes your skin look really bright and dewy, but it isn't a "your skin but better product." It will look like you are wearing makeup.

I tried it on myself when I had returned to my oily combo skin, and it wasn't good either. It did not last long on me at all. It looked great for the first three hours of applying, but after that it just melted off my face and looked shiny. It made me look like I had just finished running a marathon. Even when I used primer and powder it didn't help much.

The dewy finish this has it great though, but everything else just didn't work for me. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Hiromaeda

This is seriously the best cc cream I've ever tried, it gives me the glow I want and it actually not only brightens the skin but also to appear whiter. This covers all of my blemishes and usually just wearing one layer of this is all I need and I head out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Moozi

This was the first CC cream that I've tried, it is very light and blend able. The texture of the cream is very nice and smooth. The finish is semi-matte and sometime it looks a bit cakey specially when my skin is very dry. Overall, it is a very nice product to use everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Cdutton

I honestly can't say enough good things about this CC cream. But before I start the praises here's a back ground on my face: I have combo oily skin. Acne, and post acne marks, large pores and redness, pretty much a broad range of messed up! I have tried several Korean brand CC creams. Tonymoly, Skin Food, etude house, ect. This blows them all out of the water!!! I ordered mine off eBay from a trusted seller that I buy all my BB creams from. I purchased the special set that had a refill as well for 27$ so even the price point isn't that bad!! I got shade 2, I hear it's more yellow based, and I would agree. I am a NC/NW 20-25 in MAC and this is a bit too light for me, but the color doesn't look odd, little bit of blusher and bronze and it looks fabulous. The coverage is amazing, I could literally wear only this CC cream, but since I have oily/combo skin I set it with my Skin79 sun BB pact. And with that combo I would say it is a very natural looking FULL coverage. I spent a decent amount of money on finding the perfect CC cream, and so far this one is as good as it gets. I use it everyday, on it's own or mixed with BB cream. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

If you are looking for something that offers medium to high coverage and lasts long, Then this product is for you. However,I dislike how unnatural this product is under the sunlight. You can definitely tell that you have makeup on. I find it easier to blend using fingers rather than my sigma brush. The texture is rather creamy,so you only need a small amount for the whole face.

I like how it doesn't settle into fine lines or wrinkles like most foundations do. It has a slight smell to it but goes off after a while. The oil control of this is bad, I find my face too shiny and oily after a while. I got the natural beige shade 2 and I find it quite light for my nc25 skin.

Overall, I am disappointed with this product because it is too unnatural.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I'm very stingy with my ratings of bb/cc creams and foundations as i've tried so many and have yet to find one I can really call perfect. This one also fell short of my expectations but it was a pretty good bb cream, just not HG-worthy

This is marketed as a "CC cream" but I would really call this a BB cream as the consistency,coverage is more of a BB cream than a CC cream. At the time that I bought this, only two shades were available, the first was too light for me and so I got the second but that proved to be too dark, so that's one lippie off because of the poor range in color and the fact that this particular bb cream was not the shade for me.

Initially I really liked the application. I thought it blended very smoothly, and the coverage is medium buildable to high. It leaves a natural-dewy finish. All good right? Well as time went on, my opinion changed. I noticed that while I had a medium-high coverage, it started to look slightly cakey and really obvious that I was wearing makeup, especially in direct sunlight.

I'm currently using it by thinning it out with just a tiny drop of moisturizer and mixing it with another bb cream that is too light for me in order to create my perfect shade and that's been working really well for me so far, but given that I actually have to take these extra steps made me mark down this product down to 3 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by n1ks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never been successful with Korean BB creams before since the shade selection is always leaning towards the fair/lighter tones, so I it took me a few months since this product came out that I bothered to have a look at it.
The great thing about theFaceShop is their sales assistants who are always super friendly and helpful without being intrusive, and their FANTASTIC rewards program. I had a 50% discount voucher and the SA suggested I give this a try.
And the best thing? TFS released a third shade (medium) to cater to their export market and it was a good match to my skin tone! It retailed for B$60+ at full price, so I got it for half off which was a really good deal. But I really don't know if I would pay full price for it, considering I could probably get better coverage foundation from more established brands.
Packaging is beautiful - it's a little compact with a pump dispenser so it's extremely hygienic. The quality of the sponge puff is great too. It's portable and practical enough to carry with you in your make up bag.
Formula is a very dewy finish with sheer to light coverage, but it does wonders to even out skin tone and minimize redness and patchiness. It does tend to get oily throughout the day so I'll use a translucent powder to set.
Overall, this is a fantastic product, and one I would definitely repurchase... just not all full price as TFS always has sales for its members! :)