Beauticontrol BC Spa Facial Defend & Restore Moisture Lotion SPF 20

3.0

on 7/2/2013 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am not thrilled with the new formulation of BC's moisture lotion (which is thick like a cream) nor the cream which is almost the same?? The good news is, they work well as body moisturizer and they both contain SPF. And they don't break me out.

Are they fabulous? No. Can I use them? Yes. I much prefer the new night creams and just use a touch sparingly under my eyes during the day (Slather on at night) - but if you are oily-skinned that won't work. (I am slightly dry in summer and DRY as heck in winter.)

Meanwhile, I still love and use BC products - I just like the old (D/c'ed) formulations a bit more.

on 6/12/2013 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like Beauticontrol products, but for me this moisturizer was only fair. I have oily/combination skin, and this moisturizer, though it is lighter than the creme version, it was still a little too heavy for my skin. Even after giving it time to absorb, it seemed to weigh my skin down a bit. It is possible it would work for me in the winter time, when my skin is drier and needs a little more moisture, but I'm probably not going to try it again. I will say I liked the tube packaging--it is easy to dispense and small enough to travel with. All in all, this product is better for someone with less oily skin.