April 19, 2014 | 1064 users online

Sunscreen - MD Solar Sciences Mineral Tinted Creme SPF 30

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I was searching for a good non chemical sunscreen and stumbled upon this I tried a little on my hand and the texture was so nasty a chalky ugh I hate the texture and the smell is nothing to rave about either it stinks it smells so wired I can't even describe it. I know I shouldn't judge a product just trying it in the store but I just couldn't take the smell and the texture no buy for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by theman

Active ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 1.5%, Zinc Oxide 17%
Rating: PA++; PPD ~7.4
Consistency: lightweight cream
Fragrance: none
Finish: matte finish, but feels slippery like a primer
Wear: After 7 hours of wear, still looks good/no shine.
Gym: Did not sting eyes
Notes: Comes out looking pretty dark, but disappeared onto my NC20 skin. Evens out skintone a bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is for the new reformulated version in which they've added a special antioxidant complex (green tea, pomegranate, cranberry & vitamin c). My skin tone is nc15-20ish and this looks fine on me. I thought it might be too dark at first but it blends in fairly transparent. My physical sunscreen staple is LRP Tinted Mineral spf 50 due to its excellent protection against pigmentation, but the LRP gets greasy throughout the day and the tint is a bit too dark for me. So I'll use the MD Solar on days when I care more about cosmetic elegance. Not to say this doesn't give good protection, but the LRP tops physical sunscreens in uva protection, ime. I like the cosmetic elegance of the MD Solar Sciences, it blurs imperfections like a primer (due to the silica) and is more matte than most other sunscreens I've tried. This is not drying at all on my combo skin. Glides onto the skin easily (no heavy duty rubbing required), leaving a smooth finish. Does not 'spackle' into the pores like some physical sunscreens. Water resistant up to 80 mins. Tenacious and will probably require a cleansing oil to remove. There's also an untinted creme which is spf 50 (though the % of the actives are the same). I've written a separate review for that one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No