Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Complexion Corrector

4.1

-Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide: Provides broad spectrum SPF 30. -Titanium Dioxide 10.26% -Zinc Oxide 5.76% Alcohol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Arbutin, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Calcium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Magnesium Sulfate, Mica, Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Carbonate, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Water.

on 4/24/2015 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

perfect coverage and finish

I tried a lot of BB and CC creams before I tried this one, and I love it. I mix a little with the PTR glycolic acid moisturizer and my face instantly looks smoother and younger. I think the price point on PTR products are extremely reasonable compared to other products, and for the quality it seems to be a bargain. I used to spend a ton on La Mer but I like the PTR products just as well.

on 9/17/2014 1:34:00 AM

Love.

on 9/15/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I found the product to be WAY too thick in consistency. If this were a drugstore product, I wouldnt most likely repurcjade but at 55$ a tube, no thanks. I do have to say, the skincare claims it promises are true. But only as long as you use it every single day consistently. It has a dewy finish and is light-medium coverage but also buildale. If you try going for a full coverage it may loo cakey because this does not hide pores in the slightest!

on 8/21/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I absolutely love this CC cream. It's light to medium coverage and does a decent job at evening out the skin, though it does not completely cover my freckles, sun spots, and red spots. It doesn't make me break out and although I have oily skin, it does a great job at not contributing to any excess oiliness. It's great that it has SPF 30 with physical sunscreens. I have repurchased this and will continue to keep repurchasing!

Also, to the reviewer who said that alcohol is the first ingredient, it's not. The ingredient list is in alphabetical order, so while it does contain alcohol, it's probably not that much of it.

on 7/25/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The main ingredient is alcohol. Who would put that much alcohol on their skin? I get it that it is difficult to formulate anything with titanium and zinc, but if you are Peter Thomas Roth, you should have better delivery technology than alcohol. I was super excited to wear this and grateful for the great SPF ingredients. I never thought to check the other ingredients because it's PTR. Got to my car and saw the list and walked right back in the store with it. Not suitable for sensitive skin and should say so on the package.

on 7/8/2014 3:58:00 AM

I work with dogs in The South mainly outside in the brutal heat and sun. I used to tan- even the evil tanning beds. But now I would like to save whatever nice skin I have left after all the abuse. I have used lots of BB, CC creams and foundations to find something that not only comes near to a color match, does not sink in my lines or pores, has a high SPF, good coverage, non comedogenic ingredients, not super shiny and gloppy feeling(so very close It Cosmetics CC Cream) AND can last thru sweat, lots of dog kisses and misc outside stuff that comes from Retrievers in the Deep South. I almost did not try this CC cream because the first ingredient listed is Alcohol, usually a big no for my makeup or skincare, but apparently not anymore. The first time I read the ingredients I wondered why it had gotten some really good reviews- are these people crazy? Didn't their face sting and prune up? Why is the only complaint about the 2 original colors being too orange? So I forgot about it for a while but happened upon it on Beautypedia- a site who's reviews I usually don't take seriously since it's a bit biased to sell your own products while reviewing other brands with yours as the best we can buy, according to the one who cashes the check. But interestingly enough it said the ingredients on the PTR CC cream were in ALPHABETICAL order, not in order of percentage! So how much alcohol is really in it? Dunno, because right now ignorance is bliss. Light Medium is perfect right now for me- I have warm undertones and I don't think it looks orange on me- it blends in really well. In the winter I'm sure I will need their new Light shade to either use alone or mix in. It also has Zinc Oxide which I really like since it stops the really bad aging rays, or so I've been told. A lot of face stuff does not have Zinc, just Titanium Dioxide. It does everything I was looking for it to do- good coverage, no pore or line emphasis, not matte but not really shiny either, And it stays on me all day which is a miracle. I layer it over Philosophy Miracle Worker SPF50 ( no zinc :() and use Bare Minerals pressed SPF powder over it. I also use Sephora SPF 15 moisturizer under my eyes ( not sold for that purpose specifically) then layer Estée Lauder High Coverage SPF 35 lightly over it and finish with a small amount of Boscia Eye BB SPF 30. So I am sure in pictures I would be looking zombie like, but it took a loooong time to find products that work together and make me look good and stay on. Never mind the small fortune I have spent- which I can look at everyday in my Bad Makeup Morgue. Sephora stock will probably plummet now. The moral of this story? Try the PTR CC cream. There is a reason there are a lot of good reviews around, and it's not because PTR employees and family members saturated the review sites. It's a really good CC cream.

on 7/5/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a tinted moisturizer or cc/bb cream that I could use like a foundation. I don't like foundation because I have extremely oily/acne prone skin and find that most foundations add to the oiliness and cause break outs. I tried this at Sephora and bought it because the color matched my skin so perfectly. I was surprised by how much I actually loved it for other reasons. I apply it with a foundation brush (I recommend applying it that way for the most control) and a dime-sized amount gives me really good coverage. For me, it's the perfect amount of coverage with out being cake-y. I also find that my skin looks better after a day of wearing it. I'm finally satisfied with my makeup routine and will continue to buy this product.

Note: I purchased this almost 6 months ago and I use it 3-5 times a week. I still have a pretty good amount left so in that regard the price is okay.

on 6/14/2014 8:50:00 PM

I REALLY love this CC Cream! I was using the IT Cosmetics CC and liked it! I went into Sephora and the lady gave me a sample of this!! WOW! I love it more than the IT version! This gives great coverage but more natural than the IT CC. My skin but better!!! I am between fair and med skin tone and the light to medium was great! I am shocked that some say it turned orange...not on me one bit!!!! Go get a sample from Sephora!! This is defiantly a try before you buy because it has only four shades and it's expensive. Thank goodness a little goes a long way!

on 5/12/2014 5:39:00 PM

This is not good for light-skins. While I am a fan of many PTR products, this one was a big disappointment. It felt "thick" on my face and the color was very wrong. I'd hoped to get a sheer-to-light tinted sunscreen with skincare benefits and the description of this sounded great.

It comes in 3 shades & I bought the lightest one. It was way too dark for me and looked as if I'd used a bad fake orange-y self-tanner. I'm fair with pink undertones. My foundation shades are Nars Montblanc or Deaville, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua BR 10 (Beige Rose pastel), Armani Luminous Silk 3.75. Can't give a MAC rating but per Sephora's computer matching I'm 1R06.

Until I find something much lighter & sheerer, I'll skip the built-in antioxidants and stick with Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense Sunscreen for casual & daily use.

I gave the packaging 4 stars. I'd give it 5 if it were in a pump dispenser.
Price=$48 for 1.7 oz.