August 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

BB Cream - Peter Thomas Roth - CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Complexion Corrector

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The main ingredient is alcohol. Who would put that much alcohol on their skin? I get it that it is difficult to formulate anything with titanium and zinc, but if you are Peter Thomas Roth, you should have better delivery technology than alcohol. I was super excited to wear this and grateful for the great SPF ingredients. I never thought to check the other ingredients because it's PTR. Got to my car and saw the list and walked right back in the store with it. Not suitable for sensitive skin and should say so on the package.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by stefandomen

I work with dogs in The South mainly outside in the brutal heat and sun. I used to tan- even the evil tanning beds. But now I would like to save whatever nice skin I have left after all the abuse. I have used lots of BB, CC creams and foundations to find something that not only comes near to a color match, does not sink in my lines or pores, has a high SPF, good coverage, non comedogenic ingredients, not super shiny and gloppy feeling(so very close It Cosmetics CC Cream) AND can last thru sweat, lots of dog kisses and misc outside stuff that comes from Retrievers in the Deep South. I almost did not try this CC cream because the first ingredient listed is Alcohol, usually a big no for my makeup or skincare, but apparently not anymore. The first time I read the ingredients I wondered why it had gotten some really good reviews- are these people crazy? Didn't their face sting and prune up? Why is the only complaint about the 2 original colors being too orange? So I forgot about it for a while but happened upon it on Beautypedia- a site who's reviews I usually don't take seriously since it's a bit biased to sell your own products while reviewing other brands with yours as the best we can buy, according to the one who cashes the check. But interestingly enough it said the ingredients on the PTR CC cream were in ALPHABETICAL order, not in order of percentage! So how much alcohol is really in it? Dunno, because right now ignorance is bliss. Light Medium is perfect right now for me- I have warm undertones and I don't think it looks orange on me- it blends in really well. In the winter I'm sure I will need their new Light shade to either use alone or mix in. It also has Zinc Oxide which I really like since it stops the really bad aging rays, or so I've been told. A lot of face stuff does not have Zinc, just Titanium Dioxide. It does everything I was looking for it to do- good coverage, no pore or line emphasis, not matte but not really shiny either, And it stays on me all day which is a miracle. I layer it over Philosophy Miracle Worker SPF50 ( no zinc :() and use Bare Minerals pressed SPF powder over it. I also use Sephora SPF 15 moisturizer under my eyes ( not sold for that purpose specifically) then layer Estée Lauder High Coverage SPF 35 lightly over it and finish with a small amount of Boscia Eye BB SPF 30. So I am sure in pictures I would be looking zombie like, but it took a loooong time to find products that work together and make me look good and stay on. Never mind the small fortune I have spent- which I can look at everyday in my Bad Makeup Morgue. Sephora stock will probably plummet now. The moral of this story? Try the PTR CC cream. There is a reason there are a lot of good reviews around, and it's not because PTR employees and family members saturated the review sites. It's a really good CC cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by dalilaha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a tinted moisturizer or cc/bb cream that I could use like a foundation. I don't like foundation because I have extremely oily/acne prone skin and find that most foundations add to the oiliness and cause break outs. I tried this at Sephora and bought it because the color matched my skin so perfectly. I was surprised by how much I actually loved it for other reasons. I apply it with a foundation brush (I recommend applying it that way for the most control) and a dime-sized amount gives me really good coverage. For me, it's the perfect amount of coverage with out being cake-y. I also find that my skin looks better after a day of wearing it. I'm finally satisfied with my makeup routine and will continue to buy this product.

Note: I purchased this almost 6 months ago and I use it 3-5 times a week. I still have a pretty good amount left so in that regard the price is okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I REALLY love this CC Cream! I was using the IT Cosmetics CC and liked it! I went into Sephora and the lady gave me a sample of this!! WOW! I love it more than the IT version! This gives great coverage but more natural than the IT CC. My skin but better!!! I am between fair and med skin tone and the light to medium was great! I am shocked that some say it turned orange...not on me one bit!!!! Go get a sample from Sephora!! This is defiantly a try before you buy because it has only four shades and it's expensive. Thank goodness a little goes a long way!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by taxi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not good for light-skins. While I am a fan of many PTR products, this one was a big disappointment. It felt "thick" on my face and the color was very wrong. I'd hoped to get a sheer-to-light tinted sunscreen with skincare benefits and the description of this sounded great.

It comes in 3 shades & I bought the lightest one. It was way too dark for me and looked as if I'd used a bad fake orange-y self-tanner. I'm fair with pink undertones. My foundation shades are Nars Montblanc or Deaville, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua BR 10 (Beige Rose pastel), Armani Luminous Silk 3.75. Can't give a MAC rating but per Sephora's computer matching I'm 1R06.

Until I find something much lighter & sheerer, I'll skip the built-in antioxidants and stick with Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense Sunscreen for casual & daily use.

I gave the packaging 4 stars. I'd give it 5 if it were in a pump dispenser.
Price=$48 for 1.7 oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by JenniferOrth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! They finally came out with a light-this was really exciting for me as I have very fair skin and the light-med was too dark/orange for me. This stuff gives amazing coverage for a CC cream and still feels really light on my skin. It is also very moisturizing. Wear it any time I don't want the feel of a full on foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by phlomifra

This is a really good CC cream. Good coverage,easy to blend and it does make your skin glow. However I have to return it because it was too dark on my skin,actually it looks orange. The light to medium is the lightest color so if anyone has light to fair skin tone then this is not a good choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by barbarathetwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this CC cream. It provides superior sun protection without a heavy or greasy feel. It covers well, and I can honesty say I think it is making my skin better! I have used smash box, mac, and Loreal for BB/CC creams-this one is my fav. It's a little pricey but when I started seeing my skin actually looking better when bare-I can now justify paying the money for this. I would suggest getting a sample at Sephora-You might love it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by topchoice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation for my sensitive and highly acne prone skin. I have been using it for the last 2 months and I love the results. I have used Armani, Clarins, Lancome, Clinique and several other foundations in the past but I always ended up with cystic acne after a couple weeks. With this cc cream I not only do not get any acne, it fades my previous acne spots and sun spots, shrinks my pores and improves the texture and tone of my skin.
I gives a nice, very slightly dewy finish, lasts all day and does not cake and smear.
I ordered the light color and it matches my skin perfectly. I am so impressed by this cc cream that I am ordering Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu serum and moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by dorojhk

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. fair medium is perfect for me. great coverage and doesn't need a lot of stuff to slather on underneath.