October 23, 2014 | 2172 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Organix - Hydrating Moroccan Argan Dry Body Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by saltydog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up at Rite Aide while on vacation, on a whim. I use it after a shower and it moisturizes well, doesn't make my skin too shiny. I tried it as a bath oil last night and WOW. I soaked and shaved, and my skin felt amazing, my legs are super smooth, and I just feel soft and happy all over. I only wish it didn't have mineral oil, but it is better than most things I have used that do. sometimes mineral oil makes my skin feel nasty but this is very light. Also the first dry oil I have used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking for a cheap alternative for my NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Or for days when shimmer wasn't necessary and since I've used the Organix argan oil in my hair before with decent results, I decided to give this a try.

The price is great, about $8 for 200ml vs $40 for 50ml of the NUXE, availability is great, smells nice, but it has a few more chemicals in it than i would like and it stays greasy a bit longer than the NUXE, but the effect is similar (minus shimmer, of course).

Happy to save my special oil for special occasions and use this inbetween.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Meggs88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how quick and easy this is to use! This is the last thing I do in the shower. Squirt very little on each arm and leg and rub it in (very little goes a long way) rinse for a few seconds under the water and done! My skin is smooth and soft and not at all oily or slick. I don't have very dry skin so maybe some people need to use more than just this but I'll use lotion on top if I have time to kill but not necessary. I personally love the smell and I also sniffed it BEFORE I bought it so I wouldn't end up like people on here complaining about the smell of things. Overall it's around $6 and has lasted me for six months maybe more and I'm only little more than half way through it. Buying it again for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by JessicaGio

This dry oil does feel luxerious initially and it has a pleasant scent and does dry into the skin very nicely. However, after some time I do not notice any obvious benefit to my skin. I don't have overly dry skin but I don't feel that the moisturizing effect of this product is very hydrating. It is nice and silky and makes my skin feel smooth immediately putting it on but I am not sure that it is helping the quality of my skin in the long haul.

As others have pointed out, the bottle is very flimsy and it's hard to pour out a gradual amount and this seems like a really poor packaging design.

I find myself using this product each night after I shower but I am not sure that I will replenish it after I use up the bottle, I think I will be on a quest to find a more hydrating dry oil product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Sudania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE SMELL! but I wish the smell lasted longer, it fades after 10 minutes!

the oil quickly absorbs in the skin instead of just staying on top of your skin! thats a plus!
it does what it says it will do, nothing more..nothing less
Its hard to pour it out without creating a mini mess, the hole to pour out from is very wide..so even when you pour just a bit out...the rest runs down over the bottle.
Its hard to describe but anyone who has it..knows what Im talking about.
Its great if you want some light oil to moisturize your skin,but if you are dry..stay away from this! this will not solve issues concerning very dry skin. This is very LIGHT, I would use this on vacation or on a beach

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first Organix product I've ever bought. I've seen the line before and read reviews on their other products but nothing really jumped out to me as a "must try". While grocery shopping a few weeks ago, I spotted the Hydrating Moroccan Argan Dry Body Oil (which is evidently a new product) on the shelf and picked it up because I'm super lazy and hate putting lotion. For the past year or so, I've been using Neutrogena's Sesame Oil which I really love, but unfortunately I've only been able to find the regular scented version which I really, really don't like.

First, the good points. This oil is fairly moisturizing and has a decent smell. I'm not scent sensitive but I could see how someone who is might find the smell slightly overpowering. I wouldn't say the smell is yummy or anything one would want to douse themselves in. To me, this smells a little plastic-y (weird, I know) and slightly tropical in a fake they-totally-added-scent-to-this way. The scent is infinitely better than the old lady floral scent the Neutrogena folks use for their oil however. As for moisturizing, this does a fair job. Per the directions, this can be rinsed off after you apply it in the shower or you can smooth it on after your shower (while still damp) and pat dry for "extra moisturizing". I use the latter method and it does keep my dry skin somewhat in check. I still have to apply lotion to my elbows (dry city), hands and feet so it's not a catch all. Since this is a dry oil, you're not going to look like an oil slick even if you apply too much. It sinks it rather quickly so if you're looking for something that you can apply and not be forced to wait for it to soak in, this is your oil. I believe I paid around $7 for a 6.8 ounce bottle which is about as much as a good drugstore lotion so the price is alright. I also haven't had an adverse reaction to anything in this. No weird bouts of body acne or anything like that but since the skin on my body is basically bulletproof, I'm not the best gauge for sensitivity.

Now, the bad points. This isn't as moisturizing as Neutrogena's Sesame Oil or even plain old baby oil by a long shot. With Neutrogena, my skin is still soft the next day. With Organix, not so much. I think the main reason for that is this "Moroccan Argan Oil" is mainly compromised of good old fashioned mineral oil. My biggest problem with this oil, however, is the bottle. When I first picked this up in the store, the top popped off without me squeezing it. The top itself is one of those weird designs that is slightly slanted and just pops off instead of screwing on. To me, this is the worst design for a bottle of liquid let alone an oil that you're suppose to use in a wet environment. I figured I picked up a bum bottle so I chose one that was at the back of the shelf. After I got it home, I noticed that it was leaking in the bag. As soon as I took it out of the bag, the top popped off again. I managed to keep the top on for a while and used it with relatively few problems (the top popped off twice when I used it but I caught it both times) but earlier this evening, I accidentally knocked the bottle over and about half the oil poured down the drain. Perhaps the store I went to got a defective batch but if goofy, pop off tops are the norm, I'll use something else.

I'm still undecided if I'll repurchase this because I'm a bit irritated by the bottle design and losing half the product down the drain. It's a decent enough product that is moderately priced but I don't know anyone who doesn't mind spending $7 for something in a shoddy bottle. I think I'll use up what's left of the bottle and go back to Neutrogena even though its a little more expensive.

Edit to add: I finally found a bottle of the Neutrogena unscented oil that I love so much. I stopped using this Organix nonsense because it wasn't as moisturizing and I found I still had to apply lotion to my hands, knees, feet and elbows.