It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

4.1

on 6/25/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I may be the oldest living reader/reviewer, but I still am concerned about my skin, about sun protection and about looking as youthful as I can. And for that I have always turned to Chantecaille for makeup despite its horrendous prices, and recently switched to Asian skin care which is gentle and extremely hydrating. That said, the enthusiasm for this product here on MUA, plus the sun protection this CC cream offers, made me curious enough to try it.

I ordered Light, which looked a bit greyish when I first squeezed a tiny drop on my wrist. Ugh, another ashy cream I thought. And it was thick, almost concealer thick. I dotted it on my face, blended it with a foundation brush and was surprised that it looked like ---my skin! The color was perfect, the product undetectable. This was/is the best CC cream yet. And I am depending on it now for daily life. It does not have Chantecaille's light elegance, but it is amazing in its ability to give you an absolutely natural look, not emphasize lines, even out tone, protect from sun, and last all day. I would certainly bring sunscreen going to the beach, but ordinarily it does a good job and stays put. For that, I turn to it most days; I do not think I can do better and am about to order a second tube.

I would suggest that if you decide to try it, go easy, use very little, dotting it sparingly as they say, as otherwise it might disappoint. I use a slightly damp foundation brush which works well.

on 6/23/2015 9:25:00 PM

I have struggled to find the right foundation for my 40-something skin, and I think this is it. It is not quite full coverage like a liquid or cream foundation but has much more coverage than other CC creams or tinted moisturizers I have tried. Fullest coverage I have found with lightest texture; I hate feeling like I have heavy makeup on even though I need decent coverage for evening out weird textures and redness. I had a bad problem with dry skin patches sometimes, and it does not cling to and highlight flakiness like some other makeups have. It feels very soft when touching my face, not goopy or sticky like a thick foundation. Wearability is okay -- would love it to last a whole day, but I touch my face too much so I probably can't blame the makeup. I especially love the packaging and pump design -- it is very easy to dispense with little to no mess. I have better results when I really mash it in to the skin, not just swoop it gently on top, and it layers well for extra coverage in difficult spots like by the side of my nose . It really does help even out my skin color and is now my go-to everyday foundation. I actually tried the Illumination version first, but I have switched to the original and love it. The Illumination version is just a bit too sparkly for me for everyday wear, but I really like the original.

on 6/23/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the 2nd brand of CC cream I have used. So, I have learned that CC creams can vary as much as foundations. The first was more like a tinted moisturizer and was quite dewy. This product covers like a light liquid foundation and the finish is more matte. I always use moisturizer underneath, but I have worn it while out for hours without SS underneath and did not notice any tanning, although I probably should wear SS too. I have the lightest shade, Fair and it is not too light or too pink for my pretty fair neutral, slightly golden complexion. I mix a dab of Nars liquid luminizer in with a scant pump of the CC cream. In the summer, I mix it on the back of my hand with Nars Laguana (golden brown) and the rest of the year, with Nars 413 BLKR (champagne). This gives me a subdued glow. I have gotten compliments on the finish, so I guess it's working well for me. It lasts pretty well through the day. It's reasonably priced, imo and does the job.

on 6/23/2015 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff! I received a sample in my Ipsy and had to purchase immediately. I love the coverage and application is seamless for me. The spf 50 is fabulous as well. I will definately repurchase.

on 6/20/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

OK, I love this product. I still use a moisturizer and sometimes a primer underneath it, but I like the coverage and I think it creates a very clean surface for foundation. HOWEVER, I have warm toned medium skin and the "medium" shade was way too light for me. It worked fine under my Bare Minerals foundation, but I like a full coverage BB or CC that I can wear without foundation on the weekends, etc... with this one, I had trouble doing that because it made my face look so much lighter than my body. The tan seems to be a little dark for me, but I would be willing to try it, just not at this price point... I am in love with Marcelle's golden glow BB, so I guess I will just go back to that for now. I wouldn't rule trying this one out again... and if your skin is darker or lighter than mine, I would really encourage you trying it. Awesome stuff!

on 6/19/2015 6:38:00 PM

I have always had difficulty finding a product that had the qualities I want in the right color. My skin is very hard to match and I no longer want to buy two colors to mix to get the right shade.
I have the IT BB Cream in "light" and it's a great color match for me. This is a super product; offering so many things in one package.
My main concern is not having a product that settles into fine lines and pores.
I want a high spf that does not look pasty
I want good coverage that lasts a decent amount of time
i want a natural look
I know everyone's skin is different but for me this is the HG. I am very happy with this as it has given me more confidence in the appearance of my skin.

on 6/19/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Best CC cream ever, it's perfect as foundation, perfect as sunscreen and perfect as a light skin moisturizer.

on 6/19/2015 3:03:00 PM

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but after using this foundation for a week I ended up returning it. It just wasn’t the magical unicorn baby it was hyped up to be….at least for me. Everyone’s skin is different and this product may work for some but for me it was just a huge letdown. It took me a while to get up the nerve to try this product; the first thing that dissuaded me was the price and the second issue I had was using a product on my face that has a second ingredient of Snail Secretion Filtrate. Erm, what? Snail goo on my face? Uhhhhh not so sure about that. Anyway, I ended up buying it; I got the lightest shade available which matched my skin perfectly and the coverage was great, just what I needed. However, where this fell short for me was the wear/longevity; I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and fairly dry everywhere else. I wore it for a full week and each day I tried setting it with different powders and setting sprays but it always started to look patchy and greasy by about the 3-4 hour mark. I work long days and I need something that’s going to last and this just isn’t it. If you don’t tend to get oily and don’t mind a little snail goo on your face you should give it a try. ;)

on 6/18/2015 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best BB/CC cream! It doesn't make me break out and the colors are very good.
I mix the light and medium together. I use this every day and it looks so natural by itself. I also wear it under makeup. It is a little pricey but it is worth it. I highly recommend this product!

on 6/17/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, it is very important to me because I have very dry skin and this product does it all! It hydrates your skin thanks to the serum, contains SPF 50+, anti-aging which is a must and last but not least is the color correcting with full coverage, I appsolutely love it! If I could add a photo to prove my delight, I would have. :)