It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

4.1

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I bought it some time ago when experimenting with BB and CC creams. Up to that point, my favorite out of drugstore and higher end was Dr. Jart (black tube), however I wasn't very satisfied with the color match. The Dr. Jart seemed to leave an almost gray cast, and I would have to make some adjustments with finishing powders, concealers, and so forth to ease that.

I went to Ulta with the intention of trying the Urban Decay BB cream that had just been released at the time, but actually had a team member direct me to this instead. She color matched me, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Buildable coverage but still very natural looking, didn't accentuate my pores, a wider color selection, and a decent SPF. I bought a tube and decided I would give it a whirl and return if I was ultimately unsatisfied with it after a few days.

This wears well on me for about 8 hours or so with a primer and a setting powder, but tends to slip and slide a bit after that. That's not necessarily surprising, since my skin is on the oilier side and I work in an active job that requires lots of movement (and of course, heating up/getting sweaty). It's not a true matte, so don't expect that- it's a CC cream, so there will be some dewiness. I didn't find it to be too dewy, and there's no shimmer which is great. It sets well- I've used Tarte and MUFE loose powders with it and the finish was still light. The texture of the cream is a nice balance between watery and thick consistencies- just enough to be substantial, but not so much to feel heavy or sticky. On my skin I know it is there but it's not a yucky feeling. I feel like that has something to do with the SS/the add-ons that come with BB/CC creams, and it's not a heavy feeling. Blends well, and balanced dry-down time as well.

Overall, I liked this. My only complaint would be the smell of the product- it's oddly medicinal, even funky, but thankfully seems to disappear once the product is set. I would definitely purchase again, and it makes me want to give some other products from the brand a try as well.

on 2/25/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love the sheer to medium coverage, love the way it looks on my skin, love the way fair matches my pale, neutral skin, but HATE the smell. This stuff smells like someone tried to cover up the scent of vomit with Pine-Sol. Thankfully, the smell does not last very long. For the nasty fragrance I took off a star, but overall this is a great product and I will continue to repurchase, and breathe out of my mouth while I apply it.

on 2/25/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim since everyone on the boards was raving about it.I hadn't had any luck with previous attempts at BB creams or tinted moisturizers so I was not expecting much at all with this. First, the packaging is nice and the pump on the tube is hygienic.It is not a large tube though and for the price, it should be larger.The CC foundation itself has a lemon-y smell to it ,which is no big deal to me, but I am not sensitive to scents. I use 1.5 pumps and get great coverage ( I am NC20 and use the light ).It covered well, didn't settle into lines and wrinkles nor did it emphasize pores. It gives my skin a flawless appearance.I have gotten more compliments since I started using it then I ever have before. It also doesn't oxidize on me, which is a HUGE plus .I will definitely repurchase

on 2/23/2015 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first review on a product. I had been looking for a CC cream and read great reviews about this one. Unfortunately, the lady at Ulta missmatched my skin tone and I have found the medium to be too dark for me, I'm sure the next shade down would look better. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be repurchasing this product. I really can't get over the smell, which surprises me that not a lot of people have mentioned because it makes me dread using the product because it smells more or less like puke. I like the packaging because the pump is nice and squirts out a good amount and the coverage of the product is also quite nice, however, it leaves my skin looking quite oily looking which is strange because my skin is dry. I don't think I would get enough use to repurchase this product.

on 2/19/2015 10:58:00 AM

This foundation is so great. It makes my skin feel lightweight and I hardly feel like I am wearing any makeup but it still gives great coverage! It's extremely easy to apply and it lasts all day. The product is very good for the summer and it works very good on my combination skin. It doesn't even need a primer! I definitely recommend getting it.

on 2/18/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Please note that this will cling to dry patches. So keep a look out if you have dry skin or live in a cold ass winter place. It does have very good coverage and stays on pretty long. SPF is a plus for this CC cream. Not much color range especially for darker skin tones. The finish in the beginning is dewy but like I said, if you live in a cold place, this dewiness will go away. I didnt even have to set it with a powder because I want the dewiness to stay but it didnt.. Oh well.

on 2/4/2015 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not into the whole "cc, bb, pp" creams because most of it is marketing but when I saw this in a travel size in the ulta check out line I said "why not." I actually really like it. It's not HG but it's a really nice product. Although it downs have some flaws that may keep me from repurchasing. I have this in fair which is a perfect color for me. Application is such a breeze and finish is gorgeous. It doesn't settle into lines or pores and SPF 50 is awesome! It doesn't oxidize and I love the smell. It's citrusy. It had a really pretty Dewey finish and the coverage was wonderful! It seemed to cover without looking like a mask Now time for the bad... If you check out the ingredients, you'll notice the list is loooong. Like extremely long and for what? One of the main ingredients is snail secretion., I'm not sure of it's purpose but I do know all of the oil in this are unnecessary and can do more bad than good. I noticed the first time I applied this, my skin started burning a bit. Nothing unbearable but it made me wonder if I should be wearing it at all. I kept wearing it everyday anyway because I loved it and it was easy. I don't know if I grew accustomed or what but the burning sensation subsided and soon it stopped completely. I also noticed that after about 3-4 hours of wear, it started becoming patchy in areas and it was fading. It didn't look horrible but I don't want to bother with something that won't stay.. I also could not decipher if this was causing me to break out or not. I'll keep it for an easy day at the beach but I've moved on to other foundations that work jus as good without the problems this caused me.

on 1/28/2015 4:24:00 PM

I don't wear foundation often but decided to give this one a try because the It Cosmetics line is on point. Their eyeliner and concealer and mascara have all impressed me. The foundation applied nicely and looked good but I couldn't get past the lime in the ingredients list: what's the point of having a foundation with SPF if you include something that accelerates the sun damage process? For somebody that wants a good foundation, this is worth a shot, but I just couldn't deal with the citrus. The packaging, however, was great! Very convenient pump tube. I will stick to their Bye Bye Undereye concealer to cover spots and dark circles instead. Also: just because a foundation has SPF in it does not mean you can forego real sunscreen.

on 1/28/2015 3:14:00 PM

Well, I'm glad I tried this in the compact with the one day CC kit from QVC. At first I didn't like this, in the original packing, because the pump distributes too much product & the finish was coming off as way too heavy & mask like. The compact distributes a much smaller amount & two clicks is plenty, which would equal like a quarter amount of the amount that the pump packaging gives out. Alas, the compact only gives about half the amount of full size pump.

on 1/22/2015 11:00:00 AM

This product offers better coverage than most BB and CC creams. My complaint relates to the shade selection. The medium is too light for my warm olive skin and the tan is too dark. I bought it in tan on the recommendation of an Ulta makeup artist. Next time I'll re-purchase Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in ochre, which is a much better match for my skin tone.