It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

on 3/30/2015 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It very very heavy!

on 3/20/2015 11:55:00 AM

I decided to try this based on user reviews and also the advice of a consultant at Ulta. I am so glad I tried this! It is definitely the best product I have found to put on my skin that does not feel like makeup or foundation.

I hate wearing foundation and I think it makes most peoples complexions look worse whether young or old. I like real skin to be visible. This product is amazing, it looks like a foundation in your hand but smooths on beautifully and feels so wonderful on your face. I love how it really does look like your skin but better!

I read a review of this on Beautypedia, Paula Begoun's website and was shocked at the poor rating and review. I usually agree with her and respect her advice but I have to disagree with her on this one! I purchased a couple of CC or BB creams she recommends and I thought they were horrible!

Oh well, thankfully I have found this and will continue to use it. I do not find it irritating at all and my skin is sensitive. Interestingly, some of the products recommended by Begoun have irritated my skin, so I am realizing that everybody is different and what may irritate one person's skin just might be fine for someone else.

I have used this for many months now and my skin is feeling great! the sunscreen is awesome; I use and love Paula's Resist Super-Light Daily Defense (Which I absolutely love and will never stop using!) and this product goes over it beautifully and I am assured that I am getting very good sun protection with these two products. They work together so well and result in a matte, true skin-like finish that resists oil all day yet keeps skin hydrated and moisturized at the same time! Awesome!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had been trying out samples of different CC & BB creams with higher SPF since I wanted some built-in protection for spring and summer. I decided, without sampling, to go ahead and get this one after hearing so many good things. The fact that it's SPF 50 also really appeals to me, as that's the highest SPF in a BB or CC cream I've ever come across.
I'm very, very pale and the lightest shade is a pretty decent color match for me. It's fairly neutral, not too pink, not too yellow, which I appreciate.
It blends very easily. Personally, I use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend this in. It has a very smooth texture.
Right now, the temperature where I live has been ranging from below the 30s to the high 40s, so I don't get too oily with this, but I have yet to see how it will fare when we have warmer weather.
My only qualm is the smell - it has sort of this rotten, floral scent to it. I have sensitive skin, but the fragrance doesn't irritate my skin, so I can get past it.
The coverage is great. I'm lucky to have good skin at the moment so I prefer a lighter coverage, and I would say this is a light-leaning-toward-medium coverage on me.
I would absolutely repurchase this.

on 3/16/2015 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was a major "fail" for me. I have pretty fair, cool-toned skin, though not extremely fair like many redheads. I actually wear the Light (not Fair) CC+ Eye with no issues. Yet even the lightest shade of this CC cream is just way too dark for me. It looked like a medium beige when I applied it to my face...I immediately wiped it off and then realized it was rapidly oxidizing to orange! Unfortunately, this has happened with other BB/CC creams that I've tried, so it may just be my skin. However, I expected a little more from this brand after using the CC+ Eye with excellent results...

on 3/13/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I tried the mini size near the checkout line at Ulta. The shades offered in the mini size were light and medium, and I chose light. I am NC15, perhaps even a bit lighter because I've been inside all winter my skin is so extremely pale. I can get away with the Garnier BB cream for oily skin (works great in my normal to slightly dry skin) so I thought light would be ok. The shade was too dark for me. I blended it down my neck and chest and wore a long sleeved shirt so no one would tell, but I couldn't wear it to the gym with more skin exposed. For the first one or two hours the product was fine, felt nice but extra moisturizer was required before applying this because I didn't trust it to be hydrating enough on its own. After that point if started to feel tight and slightly dry on my skin. The finish was very dewey even though I set it with a matte powder. The coverage held up pretty well for 6 hours but then I had to take it off and even after it being off for over an hour my skin still feels drier. I will be returning this to Ulta. I tried the PHysicians Formula CC Plus in a darker shade when I had self tan on a few weeks ago and am planning on exchanging the dark shade for the light. If I had to rank the creams in terms of comfort, longevity, and finish I'd say the physicians formula cc, Garnier for oily skin not the regular, then it cosmetics. Save your money and try a drugstore version with an spf moisturizer like the day lotion spf 30 from L'Oreal.

on 3/12/2015 6:14:00 PM

I bought this to wear on vacation in Key West. I grew up in south FL without sunscreen, and did more than enough damage then, thank you! So the 50 SPF attracted me, and the videos on the website piqued my interest.

The good: It goes on easily. "Light" is a perfect match for my skintone - I'm not fair, but with care I'm no longer the medium I used to be either. It does have more yellow undertones than pink, and so do I. I wore it to play golf one day (with a hat) and out deep-sea fishing the next (again, with a hat). I came home both days after at least 4 hours outside without a sunburn, without even tanning - that's what I wanted. However - the tube clearly states that it is not waterproof, so be careful about that.

The bad: it comes off easily if you blow your nose or hug someone, or touch your face. At least at first. So I was surprised that I didn't have at least some areas on my face that were exposed to the sun. After wearing a few more times, I find that it still can be easily wiped off after a couple of hours - long after it should have set. Also, it doesn't cover everything like the videos make you think. I never want to look like I'm wearing a mask, but I would like my little red capillaries covered, and they showed through quickly, despite the amount of product I put over them. And finally, heat and humidity are not friends of a foundation product that already won't set. Works fine in Dallas in winter, but my experience with it in a mild S. FL winter climate tells me it won't work here in the summer!

Not sure about all the claims about it having serum ingredients, etc. It did feel fairly moisturizing, and it definitely works better when you don't put it on top of moisturizer (it stays longer), but I'm not sure about the essential oils in it. I can't find anything that says citrus essential oils are good for your skin, and their addition here seems counter-intuitive in a sunscreen. It smells good for a few seconds, but that's about it, so perhaps they are there just for that reason. I'm not throwing out my serums and other face care to use just this.

When I want to be sure my make up lasts, I keep going back to Revlon Color Stay, and just put moisturizer with SPF under it, so I'm not sure I'd spend the money on this again, but I'll use the rest of the tube, which I DO like. The packaging is great - less air in the product, easy to pump.

on 3/11/2015 5:43:00 AM

I love this!
Excellent coverage that does not feel heavy at all, blends well, and has physical sunscreens (which are the only ones I can apply to my face). There is a slight citrus scent to it, which I find interesting and strange, but it is not bothersome or strong, and it fades very quickly. It sets nicely on the skin, gives a nice glow. The texture is like a gel-cream, and it feels a bit thick, but once blended into the skin it's comfortable and light-feeling. I have tried applying this with a beauty blender and brushes, but I prefer using my hands: I find I get the best coverage with the smallest amount of product that way. The packaging is perfect and hygienic and very easy to control. I find it doesn't cover serious hyperpigmentation/scars, but it covers everything else really well and simply makes my skin look nice. It doesn't settle into fine lines or look like a mask.
The only negative I can say for this product is that it comes in such a small range of colors/intensities/undertones. This brand is catered toward lighter skinned people and mostly cool undertones. The "light" shade has a warm undertone and is perfect for my skin, but if you have the same intensity as me but with a cool undertone, the product wouldn't work. It isn't a product you can get away with using the wrong undertone with, which is a positive for the coverage, but a negative for the color selection.
I will repurchase this until the end of time.

on 3/11/2015 4:49:00 AM

This is a full coverage bb cream so it will be great for those who want something comparable to good foundation coverage, on par with something like Smashbox BB cream. Blends well with skin and long lasting. However, the formula is very difficult to wear-- while it wasn't drying, it felt like I was wearing a masque in the sense that my skin felt tightened underneath, and not in a good way. The entire time I had it on, I felt like my skin just couldn't breathe and I couldn't wait to take it off. I think this formula is either love it or hate it...and I just ended up tossing it out. It didn't really do much for lines or pores, but did blend out the complexion nicely. I don't have problem skin so I definitely prefer something that feels light and breathable instead.

on 3/10/2015 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I received a tube of this from a friend who works at a magazine and gets lots of free beauty products. I have melasma and only use physical sunscreens so I was excited by a CC with 50 SPF physical sunscreen. I was also impressed by the GIANT, and I mean GIANT, tube. Seriously - I think this would last me 3 years. It is actually TOO big (I'd prefer a smaller transportable size). Considering most foundations are about $40 for much less, great price.

I would describe this as medium coverage--it definitely covers as well as my normal foundation. There is a strong smell when applying (kind of medicinal) but it goes away immediately.

The directions on this package are a bit contradictory. It says to "apply sparingly" but then further down says to apply liberally and reapply every 2 hours. Obviously, if this was colorless body sunscreen, directive 2 would make sense. However, if you applied this liberally and redid it every 2 hours, you'd look like a wax museum figure with pounds of coverage on your face.

I don't bother with the CC aspect of this and just use it as foundation over my regular moisturizer and sunscreen. It feels like you have nothing on and wears very well. I have yellowish, fair skin but due to melasma, I seek darker foundation to even out my skintone with the dark spots. The "Medium" is a good summer shade for me.

I've been wearing this for 2 weeks and on the days I have it on I keep catching sight of myself in the mirror and going "Wow, my skin is glowing!" and then remember it's this.

The only negative to this product is that my pump tube did not work. I had to tear the metal tubing off and squeeze the product out of the hole. I can't really recap it. However, I like this so much, I'm willing to deal with the mess and inconvenience. Would definitely buy again.

I love this!!

I bought it in the lightest shade, and it barely works for my NC10 skin. I love the smell (like essential oils) I love the consistency (thick) and I love the color match. It is so, so hard to get a good color match for me. I have neutral, slightly yellow pale pale pale skin. I am always misdiagnosed as cool undertones because I am so pale (so annoying) but this I just love. It looks so good! It's really full coverage too, which I am happy about. I can't wait to test out of the SPF 50 this spring/summer!