October 2, 2014 | 1007 users online

BB Cream - It Cosmetics - Anti-Aging Full Coverage Physical SPF50 CC Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've seen and heard some pretty amazing things about this primer over the last couple months and thought I would give it a whirl. I bought mine at my local Ulta for $38 USD in the shade Light which is the second lightest shade of the five available shades.

I've become pretty tentative over the years with buying new face products as my fair skin is quite sensitive and quick to react to products that it does not like. This product also has a LONG product list, which is kind of concerning. But, this little guy has done some amazing things for me.

Starting with packaging, AWESOME. It looks like a squeeze tube with a silver lid that it balances on, meaning the product will always be near the top of the container where the pump is! Heck yeah it has a pump! The pump also has a good amount of control and I can go everywhere from a full pump to just a little bit.

When it comes to how many pumps I actually need day to day, I usually use a half. This product is described as being "full coverage", which I do not think it is but it does have good, solid medium coverage. It blurs my flaws but my natural tone shines through and still looks like skin. I haven't needed to test the build ability since a half pump is all that I really need. The color I find to be on the warmer side, which for me is fine in these summer months when I am tan but I may buy the lightest shade, Fair, for my paler skin in the winter.

When first applied (I use a combination of the RT expert face brush and my Beauty Blender) it looks very dewy and on the verge of greasy. However, as it sets and I powder it,it settles to a very lovely natural finish. It also takes to powder very well, it doesn't cake up weirdly and makes my pores look very nice.

I work in a coffee shop so I'm dealing with hot water and espresso machines all day, and it holds up really well! I notice that my shade does oxidize a bit on me, but that could also be the crappy lighting in the bathrooms. I don't use a primer underneath as it has dimethicone in it fairly high on the list and I don't like piling lots of layers on my face.

So far this CC cream is working WONDERS for me and I highly suggest giving it a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by kjennifer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love it. It is a great product. It feels very light on your skin but it has great coverage. I have sun spots on my cheeks which are hard to cover. I don't expect it to cover them completely but it masked them pretty good. perfect with a little concealer. It didn't make me breakout and it smells nice. Fresh not too perfumed. I would definitely buy it again. I only have one con - they need more shades.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this product. The shade match in light was perfect (NW20). But...

This has SO much citrus oil in it it literally burns and the smell if very strong. All around my eyes are red and around my nose and cheeks. Why would any company put citrus oil in skin products...it is caustic to the skin. Ugh.

Other than that very bad ingredient, the product is smooth and offers very nice medium coverage.

I would not recommend this to anyone. The ingredients Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, make this a poor choice for anyone who does not want to cause irritation and the exact opposite of "anti-aging".

So disappointed in this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Lunatrick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS!! It's only been 4 days, but my skin reacts to things very quickly so I feel like I can pretty safely say that this isn't breaking me out. Fair (the lightest shade) is actually light enough for me! One pump covers my whole face. I'd call this medium coverage -- if I have a red mark from a zit I still need concealer (but this usually is the case with 'real' foundations, too). I do set mine with a powder foundation for a little extra OOMPH but it probably doesn't need it; I would set it with SOMETHING, though. I'm a super oily person and it holds up well to use of blotter papers multiple times a day. Not cheap, but it cuts my morning routine down drastically and my skin seems happy with it so that's worth a lot in my book!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best of the BB/CC creams I have tried. It provides medium coverage with a lovely glow that really does look like my skin but better. It's on the thicker side, as most CC creams are but it's not heavy and blends so well with my RT EFB. One pumps is enough for my whole face. I just use concealer for darker spots or blemishes, and then dust my face with loose powder. I'm combo skin but this product doesn't make me super shiny throughout the day, nor does it dry out my skin. It really feels like I'm not wearing anything at all.

The package is great: a tube with a pump. For $38 it does seem on the pricier side but I don't mind since it's cheaper than most other ME/HE base products, and you get 1.7 oz as opposed to the 1 oz you typically get. With one pump being able to cover everything, a bottle should go a long way.

It does have a very citrusy smell to it but I don't mind it and it goes away almost immediately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by honu66

I have severe melasma that covers 85% of my face and the severity of it was said to be 5.5/6
per my dermatologist. Needless to say, I was on a quest to find products to help reverse the melasma and cover it in the meantime. I have since undergone a Melanage Peel.
I have tried many of the International bb/cc creams and the color match has usually been off.
I look for products with a high spf >30 with physical spf. I also like it to have skincare benefits and have a tone that matches my olive, med. tan, yellow undertones skin. This CC cream is IT. I have it in Medium (for winter/spring) and Tan (for summer/fall). It goes on beautifully and offers med. coverage. My darkest of spots still show through, but I can apply concealer on to those areas if I wanted to. The majority of my face becomes eventoned. What I also like about it, is should it wear off a bit, it doesn't look patchy or porous or anything like that. It just looks like I applied a really sheer tint, so all I need to do is apply more. I don't need fancy tools. No streaks, not heavy or cakey, it does the job perfectly. I really like it and many of the IT cosmetics that have come out. Very impressed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I love the fact this contains physical SS only as my skin, while it can handle some chemical SS, my melasma always gets worse as opposed to not if I use a physical SS.

A bit about my skintone: MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff (fall/winter); Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude (fall/winter); EL Double Wear = Desert Beige (fall/winter); Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair.

Whew - if you made it through that - congratulations!

As far as how well this works, it provides a decent amount of coverage, especially for a CC cream. However, it doesn't have the lasting power or the coverage of my current HG CC cream by Holika Holika - that stuff wears like iron w/out being cakey and more effectively hides my mild rosacea.

I have not broken out w/ this product. I always moisturize anyway so I can't speak as to if it's an effective moisturizer on its own. I love that its skincare mixed w/ foundation and SS. That said, I'm glad I purchased the small size at Ulta (still it was $15 and you get a better deal purchasing the full price product), but I didn't want yet another full size product hanging around collecting mothballs if I didn't like it. And since my HH seems to provde longer lasting coverage, this may end up for swap.

I won't be repurchasing...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Jandis

Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by annette143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love love love.this is my everyday foundation!it has amazing coverage for a cc creame and its very moisturizing!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by ChannieD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I actually noticed it on one of good friends, I saw her a couple days in a row and her face looked almost like it had been airbrushed. I asked her what she was using and she told me it was this IT CC Cream. She also told me how much it cost but I figured I would try anyway. I only use 2 1/2 pumps and it stays on all day. I am a dance teacher also so I am sweating a bit and it still stays on. I get almost flawless coverage from it, like nothing I have ever used. The tube also lasts me about 3 months using it 4-5 times a week, so it is definitely worth the price, I would recommend this product to anyone.