Almay Liquid Lip Balm (all colors)

4.3

on 7/30/2015 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Just enough summertime color.

on 7/27/2015 8:42:00 PM

I really like this, very moisturizing. It is probably the most moisturizing lip product for me that isn't a straight up lip balm. Not super pigmented but provides a nice tint and is buildable. Definitely a nice sheen. Very wearable everyday type lip gloss :) especially if you have dry lips like me.

on 7/11/2015 11:28:00 PM

Love this lipgloss! Highly highly recommend it in lilac love, such a pretty shade w purple undertones

on 5/14/2015 5:03:00 PM

This product is absolutely amazing. I generally use revlon ultra suede and find the color lasts but it's drying. I thought I'd buy a clear lip gloss to accent the lipstick. I happened upon the Almay lip gloss in Rose and thought I'd give it a try. It's perfect! Leaves color and shine to compliment my existing lipstick. I'll buy again.

on 4/12/2015 12:15:00 PM

smell so good, feel great, very subtle look which I prefer, great gloss

on 2/28/2015 11:32:00 PM

These must be going to be discontinued, as I saw these in a Clearance bin at my local Kmart for around $1.50. I already have 2 shades at home, the Plum Good one and the Cool Canteloupe Cream shades, and I picked up the Blooming Balm one at Kmart, and it is the perfect cool-toned almost a baby-pink shade on my lips. These apply very easily, no slipping and sliding, I cannot detect a scent and they wear nicely, no stickiness or tackiness or gumminess and do not turn weird colors as the day goes on. Makes lips feel soft, too.

Sad that these are apparently being discontinued. I might run out and pick up a couple more colors. These are great by themselves but also great for layering over a lipstick or a lip liner. I can see me using this Blooming Balm shade one to mute down or calm down some bright shades of lip products that I have. But again, it is very pretty on it's own. So these are very versatile and just wear good and feel good on the lips.

on 2/28/2015 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a must-have if you're gluten intolerant or celiac. Somewhere in your makeup bag, you need something to protect lips in the worst weathers of winter and summer. This fills that need, beautifully. My lips stopped chapping in 32 degree weather, when I started wearing this, daily. It really is an effective balm in gloss form.

This is also truly gluten-free. (I am a celiac with an old diagnosis. 10 ppm is enough to make me sick.) Very glossy, moisturizing, and pretty, this doesn't bleed into lip lines and it prevents chapping in cold, dry or windy weather.

I have six colors. The darkest colors are the best because the color payoff is not great. The gloss also doesn't last that long.

The lightest color has a sort of chemical-y smell, which moderately unpleasant. The darker colors smell like cookies, and they feel very girly and pretty. This reminds me of the roll-on glosses I wore in eighth grade in the eighties, except not quite as sticky.

I really like these, despite the fact that they are mostly gloss: truly gluten-free lip color that isn't weird, available in a drug store and reasonably cheap, is almost impossible to come by--as of this writing, I can think of only one other drug store brand that says gf in their promotional materials (Physician's Formula). When CVS has a buy-one-get one 50% off, you can own most of these for about $30.00

on 2/15/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love these. I know a lot of people aren't super wowed by them, but I sure am. I have the colors "Rose Lipped" and "Lilac Love". The latter is a gorgeous soft pink with purple tones I like to wear by itself or over lipstick and the former is a beautiful neutral shade that I love to use over lipsticks. The formula of these is really thick, but not tacky or sticky in any way. It is also unbelievably moisturizing, comfortable, smooth, and creamy. If you have dry lips, this is the lipgloss for you. I have horribly dry lips and skin due to chronic medical conditions and whenever I wear this my lips feel so much better. This is also the gloss for you if you hate the typical gloss because it feels just like a lip balm but offers color. I love this gloss and feel that even if you aren't over the moon for it like me, there's no way you can dislike it. It's lovely and I think everyone should try it.

on 1/19/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only have one color (Cantaloupe Cream, which is quite subtle, but pretty) so I can't speak for the vibrancy/opacity of the other shades, but oh my goodness, I LOVE this stuff. First of all, it smells like Oreos. I love how the applicator is so small--it gives me more control in application, so much so that I don't need to use a mirror when applying. And the texture is absolutely gorgeous. I feel that it's genuinely moisturizing, but it's also very lightweight and, best of all, completely lacking in stickiness (which is the #1 reason why I steer clear of lip glosses in general). Looking forward to trying new shades when I get a good coupon/sale.

on 12/29/2014 4:48:00 PM

What a neat product! I would never have put Almay on my list of top drugstore lip product brands, but here we are!

I bought the colour Just Plum Good and wow, it's exactly what I wanted. It's not sticky, the wash of colour is beautiful and my lips feel moisturized once it fades. I honestly can't remember a lip gloss that has ever felt this good and benefited my lips in a noticeable way. I would say it definitely lives up to it's name, a lip balm but in a liquid gloss format.

However! It fades rather quickly. Now I don't care because it's such a fantastic product, but if you like lip glosses that are sticky enough to stay put for a while, this might disappoint you. I love it though, with simple polished eye make up and a dewy foundation, this gloss just makes you feel naturally beautiful. The colour is quite natural and just plummy enough, makes my skin glowy and teeth look whiter. It's effortless.

Popular Lip Glosses