November 20, 2014 | 1951 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by discworld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very short lashes. Regular mascare-eh. Some are good, others not. This isn't the easiest product to use, but it does work. I start with a regular mascara (the instructions do say this) then gel, fiber, gel. I have never used more than one because that's all I need! Easily doubles the length of my lashes. Yes, you do need to comb out clumps after, but I think it's worth it. I don't have a problem with 'shedding' or smudges more than any mascara.
I have both tubes open at once so I can quickly go back and forth.
It is expensive. I found it for $20, but that's still sorta costly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ARLOPEZ324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For anyone who is saying this product doesn't work, you must not be using it correctly. This product is absolutely fantastic at making your eyelashes long and thick. I love the look of it. However, there are a few cons. For anyone who wears contacts, this stuff BURNS. by the end of the day my eyes are on fire. Also, it takes forever to get this off. I had to use two cotton swabs of eye makeup remover plus a makeup wipe just for one eye! That's a bit irritating. Also, by the end of the day I have dark circles under my eyes and also under my eyebrow from the product coming off, which may be due to my oily skin but idk. So I'm not really sure if I'll be purchasing this again... I'll really have to think about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by beautylover105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this mascara is horrible. Tried it and it actually made my eyes burn.. I don't understand the hype about it either?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by redyumyum44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by geekmom

I love my Younique mascara. For those who get fall out and racoon eyes, you're probably not applying it properly because I don't have those issues at all. I have short little stubby thin lashes that stick straight out. You can't even see them when I have no mascara on and when I use regular mascara you can barely tell. With Younique you can actually see my lashes and I don't need to wear falsies. I don't even leave the house without it anymore or I feel naked.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Sonxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The way I see it - if you need " practice " this product for $40 should do the work for you.

Horrible fall out, major raccoon eyes everything you don't want in a mascara.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Eacampagn

I love my mascara! It is a three step process and if you put it to close to your water line like any other product yes you will have an issue, that is why its meant not to go to close to the water line. I love it! It triples my lash length and isnt heavy on the lashes and it is the ONLY mascara I have ever used that does not pull out my lashes! If you do not do the third step you are not locking in the fibers which then will fall on your face, but if you follow the directions you are fine. To the reviewer that said this is antifreeze please check your facts. You are completely wrong. You are refering to ETHYLENE GLYCOL (anti-freeze) NOT PROPYLENE GYLCOL is what is in this product. They are two different things.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by brandnew22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to try this product, and I am extremely disappointed! I followed the instructions carefully yet it's impossible not to get those fibers in your eyes. My eyes are irritated and blood shot! Also the company LIES about the product being non toxic. It has propylene glycol which is anti freeze. Piece of garbage product

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ive used this product twice so far so take my review however you like or not at all. Freedom!
Btw, I do plan to update this when I've had further more long term experience with the mascara as well.

The mascara seems to be a hit or miss. I haven't had any experience with some stating about lash fallout, I do however can see how some might mistake the "fiber fall out" for their own lashes, the fibers look like little hairs and can be misidentified as real lashes.
The first time I completely messed up, the second time I did better... But I still need way more experience with this to get it right. This reminds me of liquid eyeliner, once perfected very well worth it! However a complete cat eye mess when first applied and tried ( to most).
Today I had fiber fall out on an 8 hr shift day, I do 12 hr shifts regularly and rotate weeks when I do, do them- so that worries me that this mascara will be a terrible mess on my 12 hr shift days. I looked in the mirror about 5 hours in and the fibers were sitting underneath my eyes. They are hard to get off! It bothers me that I have to "pick" at the bottom at my eyes, I feel like I'm forwarding my aging clock and causing damage by doing that... I don't know. I don't like it. I do like the results however of the mascara, it gives a very nice full long eye lash look. I can achieve this look (almost) with my cover girl lash blast minus the ability of the length but it takes me about several coats and I mean several and several. I run out of my mascara tube so quickly because of this. The CG can give the result a 30$ and up mascara can and even better (from experience) than the lights camera lashes by Tart but- it takes a lot of time! And I know people say this mascara takes a lot of time-no, then no, you don't know " a lot of time" about putting on mascara because this does not take as much time as my CG lash blast does. T

There's a difference as well because although CG can give a high end lash look effect no matter how much skill you have with it, it doesn't matter, it will always take a big chunk of time to apply so- as with this, you won't spend a lot of time doing it as soon as you perfect it because the product is made and done correctly.

Now I don't agree with the person who said "you're better off just putting on fake eyelashes every day", uhm... what? I'm sorry but that is WAY more expensive and WAY more time consuming than this... It's terrible that people have to go to such a far over exaggerated degree to prove a point- you don't have to be so negative and start telling stories... It's unnecessary.

I do agree however with the person who stated that she DID not like it, it made her sensitive eyes irritated and that she really liked the Bare Minerals high definition one over this one and that it gave the same effect. I've had personal experience with that mascara and remember loving it- her review reminded me of that mascara and how dramatic it did make my eyes look and I'm thinking of buying it if I end up not loving this one after enough trial and error.

I can see why a lot of people may not like this. The fiber fall out can really scare people away and I know it really is scaring me away because of the inconvenience. When we put on make up we don't want it to move, whether it's foundation, eye liner, mascara or blush. So I get it. I also get why people may not like it because I mean honestly- let's all be honest here this mascara is for those of us that like the spidery effect, I mean not to the fullest degree but a taste to say the least. This mascara isn't and was never advertised to be a shy hey" it was meant to be LOUD and IN YOUR FACE and IM HERE HELLO. Those of us who buy this like the big mascara effect look. So I can understand why people might not like this because of how dramatic the look is, just as a lot of people do not like the look of a lot of foundation or "cake face" so some women wear just powder or bb cream and for me I don't wander into the big red lipstick look but some women love the dramatic red lips look and wear it as their daily makeup routine.

So this mascara isn't for everyone.
The price is heavy, definitely on the high end side.
The mascara screams, it doesn't whisper.
The mascara takes technique, not a swoosh and out the door. If the mascara could talk it would laugh in your face and say "you're dreaming".
The fibers fall out, be aware but possibly may not have put enough "gel".
Need more time to gather more accurate information.

Thank you for reading.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this after seeing a few ppl wearing it. I have plenty of lashes but they're not long nor thick 😞 This would look stunning on someone that already has long lashes, however with myself it's thickens and lengthens and I'm impressed! It washes off super easy..not like regular mascara. *TIP*I used my eyebrow pencil brush to separate upon adding the fibres. Price is high, packaging lovely hence part of the price I'm sure. I shall definitely continue buying this! Bye bye falsies!