July 23, 2014 | 1034 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by CPaola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surprised I liked this as I expected my lashes to be clumpy and spidery like the photos I always see. I was given a free sample and did a review for a friendly rep. After the first coat I didn't notice much of a difference but on the second coat my lashes were noticeably longer & fuller! I won't wear it every day, but it's my go-to for special occasions. Easy to take off, but you need to take care in applying it, & follow the directions accordingly.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by sweetlikechoco

Didn't like Younique's 3D fiber lashes and I don't like Younique reps either.

I took a comparison photo of my eyes with Younique and another mascara. Younique gave me a bit of length but not much volume whatsoever. Anyway, I wore Youniqe for a whole day and my eye kinda felt like they were burning? I wasn't sure if it was the mascara or just my eye but it was only one eye with the Younique product on. The other eye with the other mascara was perfectly fine. I did my research and found out propylene glycol is a toxic ingredient which isn't suitable for those with sensitive eyes. Anyway, I got attacked by a whole bunch of Younique reps accusing me of lying. Why would I lie?? I'm an actual customer giving my feedback to others thinking it'd help them.

That got me fired up. So I made a video review/product comparison to prove how much Younique actually sucks. Again, they're disliking my video and leaving negative comments like saying "bullshit" etc etc. They have nothing to back up their claims about their competitor's product. They said the mascara (I compared Younique's with) burned their eyes but there's no toxic ingredient that says that. The mascara only has a few ingredients and Younique contains them all and includes more ingredients. I did more research on the people that commented. Yep, they're Younique representatives. Of course they are. So annoying.

I'm actually really surprised by the review by icestars (below) too because she is absolutely right!!! Wow. The world needs more smarter girls like her.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by AmberMardina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love it for special occasions, but it's not worth it for every day wear. I don't have that kind of time. If you really want to try this, do yourself a favor and just pick up Essence Lash Powder from Ulta. It's just the fibers, so you'll need to apply a more liquidy mascara (maybe even a clear one, like the brow gel), apply the fibers, then cover with mascara. The only thing Younique has over Essence is the packaging. The Essence packaging is really annoying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Holy fear mongering batman! Propylene Glycol is in most of your skincare and makeup...it's really not a bad ingredient. People are quite capable of using these products safely and they seem to every single day.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No, I have not tried this product. THIS IS A WARNING for anyone who is going to try this product out!

You may have seen tons of Younique representatives on Instagram, shoving their products in your feed and pictures. Most commonly, the 3D mascara. My own beauty account (follow me @beautybylala! haha :D) has been pestered a few times. It looks amazing, and sounds amazing. They claim it to have no harsh chemicals and completely safe for your lashes. Throw away your falsies forever, because this mascara will change your lashes forever!

If you read other peoples' reviews on the 3D mascara here on MakeupAlley, you can see that it may have irritated their eyes! It's flakey and the fibers fall onto your face throughout the day. In other words, it's a no good product!

Not to mention, looking through pictures on some representatives' Instagrams... people's lashes look fake and spidery. Like tarantulas! Not exactly something I would get jealous over. Their lashes are incredibly clumpy and you can definitely tell that there is something on their lashes. The point of falsies is to make your lashes look longer, but not necessarily fake.

Younique's Moodstruck 3D fiber lash mascara does exactly that. I would rather have my tiny itty bitty short stick straight Asian lashes than tarantula lashes - and would definitely pass the fibers all over my face. Let's face it, that's NOT cute.

And the price? Maybe it is good quality, and maybe it does work wonders. But nearly $30 for a 'transplanting gel' and '3D fibers' doesn't seem so affordable. Especially when you have to purchase the mascara yourself and the end result looks Barbie fake. Sorry!

Lastly... how long will it take you to apply this product? Surely a long time! I have watched grav3yardgirl on YouTube and her 'does it work' video on this product. Maybe it worked for her (she has mega long lashes already), but it definitely took some time. Reading some reviews on MakeupAlley, it takes nearly 20 minutes? I don't have time for that in the morning!

Now please forgive me for this, but I'm going to drop the bomb. If you search the hashtag #youniquesucks on Instagram, you will find one post. And this is what they say (thank you @makeupartistla for spreading the news!):

"For those of you following the fiber lash trend, the transparent gel isn't natural. It contains Propylene Glycol which has been associated with irritant and allergic contact dermatitis as well as contact urticaria. Definitely not suitable for sensitive eyes. This explains my lashes falling out and eyes being itchy for days! I'm sticking to my #Maybelline #waterProof mascara!"

If in fact her statement is true, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS MASCARA! Your lashes are in jeopardy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by baibee87xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really don't have long lashes at all. I've been trying to find a mascara that actually gives me results.
I used the fiber lash mascara by younique and I feel as though i'm wearing falsies when i'm not it's just the fibers. I feel girly, since I actually have eyelashes. I made a video with my results and review of the lashes. Check it out if you guys want to see my results.

My Younique 3D Fiber Lashes (Review and Demo) video

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Andraia

Like others, I have a mixed relationship with this mascara. I don't hate it, but I don't necessarily love it.

It does do what it says but sometimes I find that the look is messy and difficult to achieve. I use a mascara (can't remember the name) that brushes out/separates the lashes before I use this, but I still find that it can look a bit haphazardly. Sometimes the fibers fall onto my face even though I've sealed it.

I think the price and packaging is ridiculous, and wonder if perhaps a similar effect could be achieved by using the beauty tip of coating lashes with face or baby powder. Which I haven't tried yet but should for a comparison. I bought mine on EBAY.

I don't mind the product and do use it (in fact I feel a bit insecure now about my lashes if I don't) but I'm not sure if I would buy it again. I'd heard that Heroine Mascara and Cherry Blossom fiber mascara is better, but both are just as expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this mascara . Some days it makes my lashes look crazy long and fabulous. Other days .. Well it's nothing amazing . I don't know why. Maybe I just get lazy .. Lol because all of those before and after pictures are either girls that were blessed with long lashes that touch their eyebrows OR them using nearly the entire tube .. ( which nobody has time or money for!) okay I'm exaggerating a bit but I'm sure a lot of those girls use at least 5 coats to get that daddy long leg effect. Definitely adds an additional 20 minutes to your makeup routine.

Sometimes the fibers fall into my eyes towards the end of the day. And also under my eyes So it gets irritating.

I really don't know what to say, spending $30 on a mascara is one thing, but do I have enough patience to go back and fourth and back and fourth an back and fourth and spend 20 minutes on just mascara? Sorry, mommas got other things to do ..

I mean if you don't mind putting fourth the work, then go for it . It would be a good pick for you.

I have really short lashes being Asian so maybe I just need a miracle lmao .

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by JamieAnnJellyBean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have pretty much non existent lashes so when I saw this product I got super excited. It took me a few times to get it figured out and I have read a lot of reviews that say a lot of problems with clumping, loose fibers, and the length of time it takes to apply these. For me I would give the product all positive comments except I wish it was waterproof. I don't lIke that it smudges at all. For those of you that have a hard time with the clumping, loose fibers, and time here are some tips for you. When you apply your initial coat of mascara make sure it's not a voluminIzing mascara and you apply a thin coat and let it dry completely before you put on the transplanting gel. Have your bottles open and ready. Do one eye at a time. You don't need to cake on the transplanting gel. To keep your eyes clump free and free of loose lashes when you pull out the fiber wand gently slide the extra fibers back into the bottle. Remember that you have to be quick so the transplanting gel doesn't dry. Apply the fibers from the middle of your lashes to the end. When you apply them from all the way on the back of your eye you tend to clump more. Apply another light coat of your transplanting gel to seal the fibers. Wait to separate any lashes that you need to until the gel drys so you don't pull off all the fibers. You can repeat as many times as you wish but I never have to even though I have practically non existent lashes. So hopefully this has helped someone. I really hope they come out with a waterproof version cause then I'd be ecstatic!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by araffinengo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ABSOLUTELY love this product!!!!! I will never buy another mascara. I feel like the ones who are giving it a bad review is because they are not doing it properly or they are not buying the real mascara from YOUNIQUE but instead they are getting from ebay which sells the imitation. I only put the transplanting gel on my lashes then I follow it with the fibers but just on the tips of my lashes and they I seal it with the transplanting gel, my lashes never look clumpy. I TOTALLY recommend it